***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

franchise QB's don't cry their way out of town. Franchise QB's say "Im going to prove you wrong coach" and show up to camp on fire. Cutler isn't a franchise QB. He's a very good QB who lacks the character to ever win the Lombardi trophy.

Just like Elway and Elisha. You're out of your mind.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i guess you guys won't trade TJ for Cutler, or do i just scare you? Is it my fonts?lol

A 31 year old average RB? No good?, OK. I'm up for debate, but i rarely get that,why,i wonder?

If there's a Jet that even you don't think is good, do you really think anybody is going to trade for him? Your assumption that somebody in a position of decisionmaking authority in Denver is dumber than you are seems flawed.

I think Denver is all set @ RB, they signed two this off season.

Dammm! Why didn't you tell me that???? Well there goes my last 5 posts. OK, Harris.

Go, Trusnik!!!!

LOL

See that's all I need, some help.

Do you see a fellow jet fan homeless on the street and kick him or feed him knowledge.Damm.

I'm just a message board poster, not Bob Costas.

i guess you guys won't trade TJ for Cutler, or do i just scare you? Is it my fonts?lol

A 31 year old average RB? No good?, OK. I'm up for debate, but i rarely get that,why,i wonder?

People who don't want Jay Cutler on this football team scare me.

You should see me with my goalie mask on.

I believe the majority of Jet fans would green light TJ's inclusion as part of a trade for Cutler. As many have said before, I don't think it will come down to him or any other player on the Jets. Unless we can work out a three way deal with another team that has a QB, Cutler will never become a Jet. At this point, if you were Pat Bowlen, wouldn't it make more sense to dump idiot boy Josh McDaniels and make peace with Cutler? McDaniels has already proved himself to be a horrible choice

BY MIKE MULLIGAN mmulligan@suntimes.com

</P>''Nobody can get a call back,'' one league source said. ''It could mean something's happening fast, or maybe they're just overwhelmed.''

The Bears are believed to be interested in Jay Cutler. The Denver Broncos announced Wednesday they intend to deal the disgruntled quarterback.

The Bears reportedly are one of the teams in the mix for Cutler, the disgruntled quarterback now on the trading block after more than a month of melodrama following the Broncos' ill-fated effort to replace the young star by trading for Matt Cassel. Cutler grew up a Bears fan in Indiana and has told friends he would prefer to be dealt to the Bears or Tennessee. He doesn't have any say, though, and it's certainly possible the Broncos are so miffed by the breakdown in communication that led to this point that they might not want Cutler to land with either team.

A source said the Broncos would prefer to trade him to an NFC team to get him out of their conference. Any deal for Cutler would be a blockbuster, with teams lining up for a chance to get a 25-year-old Pro Bowl player with a golden arm.

''I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon,'' Cutler told Foxsports.com. ''I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback, and then they didn't. I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far.''

What will the team that acquires Cutler get? Physically, he has a platform as good as any quarterback in the NFL. He has an awesome arm, a great release, excellent feet and the mobility to run out of the pocket to avoid trouble. He has a reputation as a gunslinger, based on 37 interceptions in as many games with the Broncos, including 18 last season. But he has thrown 54 touchdown passes, including 25 last season.

Cutler is a risk taker, but it comes more from confidence in his arm and an effort to make plays than bad decision-making. He's not a conservative player content with being a game manager.

Cutler's trade demand, along with a less-than-cordial relationship with Denver media, has left him looking like a petulant, spoiled child, but sources close to the team say that perception is inaccurate. While he's not a beloved figure in the locker room in the John Elway mode, Cutler does have close friends on the team, and those friends are high-character players.

Much has been made of Cutler's 17-20 record as a starter, but that also reflects some of the Broncos' terrible defensive performances. He's 13-1 in games in which the Broncos held their opponents to 21 points or fewer.

Concerns about Cutler's maturity are probably ill-founded, but teams have been investigating rumors that he enjoys the nightlife a little too much. One source said that talk is character assassination more than anything else, but the issue is complicated by the fact Cutler has Type I diabetes. He needs insulin injections and has to check his blood sugar as often as 15 times a day.

What teams have the firepower to get Cutler? The Bears' draft position at No. 18 would demand they offer a couple of first-round picks, perhaps a third-rounder and a player or two as well to get a deal done. Would quarterback Kyle Orton be included in a deal? Is there any player the team would not give up?

Detroit holds the Nos. 1, 20 and 33 selections. Washington reportedly is offering Jason Campbell, a draft pick and maybe tight end Chris Cooley. San Francisco is interested after failing to land Kurt Warner and has the No. 10 pick and another first-rounder.

Tampa Bay doesn't seem to have the goods to get a deal done. The Buccaneers have the No. 19 pick and traded their second-rounder for tight end Kellen Winslow Jr.

The New York Jets and Jacksonville are rumored to be interested, but both are AFC teams, and the Jets don't have a quarterback to offer. You can forget all the rumors that Cleveland is offering Brady Quinn and draft picks.

There's no way Cutler will play for Browns coach Eric Mangini. Cutler's agent is Bus Cook. Cook also represented Brett Favre, who didn't enjoy the Mangini experience with the Jets last year

I believe the majority of Jet fans would green light TJ's inclusion as part of a trade for Cutler. As many have said before, I don't think it will come down to him or any other player on the Jets. Unless we can work out a three way deal with another team that has a QB, Cutler will never become a Jet. At this point, if you were Pat Bowlen, wouldn't it make more sense to dump idiot boy Josh McDaniels and make peace with Cutler? McDaniels has already proved himself to be a horrible choice

owners like him do not want to admit that he made a mistake

he will sh1tcan him after a year....if they continue to get worse

owners like him do not want to admit that he made a mistake

he will sh1tcan him after a year....if they continue to get worse

Why go through all the torment, especially since Cutler is in his prime? If I'm Bowlen, I track down Cutler wherever he is on earth. Then I tell him that he's my QB and that McDaniels is gone immediately. He could find a new HC in a second. A QB as good as Cutler right now--and who's available--doesn't exist.

Why go through all the torment, especially since Cutler is in his prime? If I'm Bowlen, I track down Cutler wherever he is on earth. Then I tell him that he's my QB and that McDaniels is gone immediately. He could find a new HC in a second. A QB as good as Cutler right now--and who's available--doesn't exist.

Yes a sane man would do that:D

Now that the Denver Broncos have managed to do the unthinkable in alienating their 25-year-old franchise QB Jay Cutler, some team will benefit greatly from the stupidity of the Broncos' new, inexperienced head coach Josh McDaniels.

The object of building a winning team is to first make sure you have a Pro Bowl-caliber QB, and then fill in the roster with a good supporting cast. That takes us to the New York Jets, who have the second part, but are mistaken if they think Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff or Erik Ainge are ever going to be on a Pro Bowl roster.

Let's fast forward for one second to this time next year. Gang Green will move into their new state-of-the-art stadium in the Meadowlands and owner Woody Johnson will be praying that his PSLs are going ... going ... gone.

The worst thing for business in this economy is a bad football team with a new stadium filled with expensive, empty seats. Now just think if Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum can pull a trade off for this strong-armed, but highly sensitive QB. Not only does he give his new head coach Rex Ryan a chance to win, but he gives the Jets fan base hope for the next seven to 10 years.

What would be better than that, plus making your boss extremely happy?

Well, Jets fans, let's get back to reality. To acquire Jay Cutler in a trade, Tannenbaum & Co. will have to give up a king's ransom. The 17th pick in this year's NFL Draft is just a starting point. Throw in LB David Harris and a second-rounder next year? Doubtful.

Denver will have eight to 10 teams bidding for Cutler's arm. So even though they have handled this offseason as poorly as an organization can, they still have a chance to survive.

I still believe they better get a talented QB back in return, which makes Cleveland's Brady Quinn an option. However, maybe New York can convince their old coach Eric Mangini to be a part of a three-way trade.

Whatever the cost, Gang Green will not be successful this season if they stand pat. And next season it could mean bad business.

Just wondering what sells more PSLs: A Pro Bowl QB like Jay Cutler, who threw for over 4,500 yards and 25 TDs, or a Pro Bowl CB like Darrelle Revis?

As much as it hurts, that may get this deal done.

Please don't hate the messenger. I told you it will take a king's ransom

which is why, with all these different teams bidding on this guy that he will NEVER be the QB of the NY Jets-the price will be exorbitant-and I doubt really worth the cost

80-20% shot that Cutler stays with Denver. Watch, all the histrionics and they eventually kiss and make up.

This is such an obvious money grab by Cookler

Watch for the kissy-face press conference where Cutler swears his allegiance to Bowlen and the Broncos. Then the fans hoist him on their shoulders and everything is right with the cosmos once again.

Watch for the kissy-face press conference where Cutler swears his allegiance to Bowlen and the Broncos. Then the fans hoist him on their shoulders and everything is right with the cosmos once again.

please say this won't happen

i have already ordered the filets:D

franchise QB's don't cry their way out of town. Franchise QB's say "Im going to prove you wrong coach" and show up to camp on fire. Cutler isn't a franchise QB. He's a very good QB who lacks the character to ever win the Lombardi trophy.

And this is coming from a person who was maybe the world's biggest Cutler supporter before the draft. But this isn't a contest between Cutler, Leinart and Young. It's a contest between Cutler and multiple first rounders, I'll keep the first rounders thanks very much.

people think McDaniels is a dummy - just a fool - the truth is he knows more about Cutler than most and he didn't get that job because he's a fool. whoever trades for Cutler isn't getting a QB who will do what he's told, they are getting a loose cannon.

Yes, Cutler, at 25 years of age, entering his 4th year has clearly proven that he can't win a SB.:shock:

Seriously, where do you come up with that stuff?

Now I disagree about the whole McDaniels-Cutler thing. Cutler did not handle as well as he could have but I can't blame him for being pretty pissed off. Over the last two seasons, Cutler and that offense have been carrying the Broncos. McDaniels came out and said he was looking forward to working with him, that he was excited etc. Then he goes and attempts to trade for Matt ****ing Cassell!

Point blank, he lied to not only Cutler, but the entire Broncos fanbase. He orchestrated this by going after a one year wonder in Matt Cassell before even giving Cutler a chance to adopt the new system. He was at fault, not Jay.

His reaction may have been a little extreme, but I can't blame him for wanting to play for a team that appreciates him and more importantly play for a HC that he can trust.

You make Jay out to be some sort of cancer, that he was not. His teammates loved him, he was the leader of a VERY good offense. God knows what he could achieve with a little help. Questioning what he can accomplish in this league under new circumstances, especially when you take into account how young he is, is incredibly ignorant. If he has charachter problems, they don't show up on the field, and THAT is what matters. He's a competitor and I'd be all for signing him up to play QB for this team.

80-20% shot that Cutler stays with Denver.

How much action can you stand on that? The whole point of the I didn't want to be traded routine is that it's to both sides' benefit to make Cutler look good. If this was just about Cutler wanting more money, Denver would be denying his story.

The AFC's leading rusher(who else has that, and denver's leading rusher ran for like 350,lololol) and a #2 and Rat or KC......plus a few more picks under 2 for a year or two.

Trade TJ while he's peaked, get a stud RB in the draft, meanwhile we got neon and HaulBricks ,actually put anyone behind T-rich and that line!!!

TANNY WILL GET HIM!!!

WE ARE THE NEW BULLIES IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!! NE, lick that dog sh-t

Miami, run away, you're too pathetic to hit, and MR. TO....hahahaha, I want to introduce you to a couple friends Darrelle and Kerry, come over here, actually, Kerry stay over there with Lito. Darrelle will handle this wash-up.

Kut-laaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Seek help.

How much action can you stand on that? The whole point of the I didn't want to be traded routine is that it's to both sides' benefit to make Cutler look good. If this was just about Cutler wanting more money, Denver would be denying his story.

I hope you are right, Aten. I want Cutler pulling the trigger for us just like everyone else. I don't think it was a calculated move on his part, it just snowballed after the dunce McDaniels tried to get Cassel. Now, Cutler is thinking that maybe he wants to stay rather than go to a team like Cleveland, Tampa, or Washington. I never said it was about Cutler trying to get more cash. Maybe more leverage.

Question.

The Skins were, reportedly, trying to trade Campbell to another team for a 2nd rounder, which they can send to the Broncos along with the 13th overall. That means the Broncos don't want Campbell. TE Chris Cooley was named as a player to be sent to the Broncos.

So this is the question: why in the heck is the media suggesting that the Jets give up a Pro Bowl CB when the Skins are only giving up Chris Freakin' Cooley?

Answer that for me.

Why are the Jets "rumored" to be giving up quantumly better talent than any other team? This draft picks are in the same range (Skins/Jets/Bucs/Bears/Lion's 20th) and the Lions aren't trading the 1st overall. It's total BS.

The Bears come to mind. They have Orton, he sucks but he's got ****loads more experience than anyone on our roster and can be used as a game manager type. I don't think the Bears would have any issue parting with Orton if they could get Cutler.

Think about it from the Broncos perspective:

Two firsts and Orton for Cutler or two firsts and Clemens or Ratliff for Cutler.

The Broncos would want the number one pick so they could select the QB of their choice and instantly add a new face of the franchise to sell to the fans. That's a no-brainer. If the Lions want Cutler, nobody else has a shot. (Not to mention that Calvin Johnson's agent is also Buss Cook, Cutler's agent.)

And no, they couldn't go out and get any QB they wanted with the 17th overall pick on 2009 and the who knows what overall pick in 2010.

No, ECURB, you're right, no way a team with a more established QB than Clemens/Ratliff would trade for Cutler. :rolleyes:

Seek help.

I agree with that analysis. Help with what,though, posting on an internet message board. where do i go? Hey, maybe you should start one, you're a great poster.

Really, I do need help, but don't worry i have a plan......................next thread.

• 3 years later...

Archived