Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Jay Cutler, but lets use our brains here. They're weren't going to trade him at all, and any chance of him being dealt ended with Matt Cassel going to Kansas City.

Finally a sane post concerning Cutler. Who's Denver going to play at QB if Cutler goes? Ain't gonna happen.

We won't be making a deal for Cutler. With that said, I'd be stunned if Rex goes into this season with Rat, Clemens and Ainge as the only options (even though I'd be willing to)

Maybe we'll make a play for Garcia, IDK, personally i'd like to get one of the guys from Cleveland in.

can't ever question his talent

but he's 25 now, and the maturity still being an issue is kinda lame on his part. he's got some ryan leaf in him, and sometimes that takes decades to go away, I'd be very cautious about trading for him and hoping it happens next year

in NYC, btw

Right now verbal douchebaggery is his specialty. Give him in the Apple for a playground and he could make Rivers look like a good guy. I dont want him.

Gary Myers

The Jets could have signed Ray Lewis along with Bart Scott and outbid Daniel Snyder for Albert Haynesworth, and Woody Johnson could have set aside the suntan lotion and cut his December vacation short to recruit Bill Cowher, and the problem would be the same.

They don't have a quarterback.

Rex Ryan must think he can turn Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff into Matt Cassel because the options are dwindling.

It's going to take more to fix the Jets than Ryan showing up in Scott's driveway in Baltimore at midnight Thursday night with assistant coaches Mike Pettine and Dennis Thurman and not being scared off by Scott's two German Shepherds, who were peering with bad intentions from a slight opening under the garage door.

But unless this Jets defense is going to play like the '85 Bears, coached by Rex's dad Buddy, or even the 2000 Ravens, when Ryan was an assistant coach, then it's hard to win in the NFL playing around the quarterback.

Here's one suggestion for Ryan and GM Mike Tannnenbaum: Keep a close watch on what's going on in Denver with Jay Cutler. He is upset with new coach Josh McDaniels, the Bill Belichick 32-year-old prot

Do these douchebags honestly think that the Broncos are going to send their starting QB packing? Seriously? Now that Cassel is out of the picture things will be smoothed over by training camp.

With the lack of good quarterbacks in this league, I highly doubt Denver would let Cutlet go. Look at the upcoming draft class of QB's. Not one of the outside of Bradford looks like a franchise qb.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love Cutler on the Jets, but what would Denver have for a QB next year if not Cutler? Sanchez? Freeman?

Do these douchebags honestly think that the Broncos are going to send their starting QB packing? Seriously? Now that Cassel is out of the picture things will be smoothed over by training camp.

exactly. even if for some bizarre reason there was a huge fallout the jets would be at the bottom of the teams to trade with.

why don't we just trade for eli since he's in the same city anyway & wouldn't have to move? this talk is ludicrous

With the lack of good quarterbacks in this league, I highly doubt Denver would let Cutlet go. Look at the upcoming draft class of QB's. Not one of the outside of Bradford looks like a franchise qb.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love Cutler on the Jets, but what would Denver have for a QB next year if not Cutler? Sanchez? Freeman?

Kellen Clemens?;)

I dont understand the love for this kid. Yes he has the tools, yes he has the arm. But he is a dodo brain with a losing record.

And all of you that are clamoring over him are all about wins and losses and Cutler is a loser.

Would I welcome him, Yes. We havent had a talent like him on this team for years. But I dont think he is going to immediately become the answer to our prayers.

If he couldnt win in the ****ty AFCW this season, how is going to win in the competitve AFCE?

Not to mention, Denver is not going to trade Cutler and hope to find a needle in a haystack of ****ty available QBs.

And if we made this move before Gary Myers wrote an article approving it, he would be bashing us to the moon like he always does with all our decisions.

No, they don't, but this gives Myers a chance to channel SAR I and write his favorite story about how the Jets passed up a potential franchise QB for a fat lineman. :Nuts:

Yes we need an experienced QB but no way in HELL will it be Cutler - Denvers chance at that trade is long gone and they won't try again -- If they did it would be kind of ironic -- Weren't we clamoring for this guy in the draft several years ago. I still say Leftwich will be in Jets green - just a hunch not that I really want him.

Call it a crazy idea, but scrap the idea of getting Cutler and perhaps look into another former first rounder we were interested in then -- Vince Young. Firstly he is not the starter of his team and he is as good as a big contract holding a clipboard in Tennessee.

Figure this, sure he may have had a break-down last season but think of what he could provide.

Positives:

1) He has a TON to prove -- that he is a legitimate franchise QB.

2) VY brings fans into the stands, and for those who are entertaining the idea of Michael Vick becoming a Jet, he brings similar versatility and athleticism that Vick provides without the negative notority and media attention that would distract the team.

3) The equation of VY, TJ and Leon behind our offensive line with Rex Ryan's D. We would have a ball controll offense with a versitale running attack. Oh and for our Dolphin fans on the board a potential more potent version of the wildcat.

4) He could probably come relatively cheap considering he seems as if he's not on his way out but definitely could be a moveable part, and we can afford him.

5) I personally like his "it" factor he showed in college that many of the scouts loved, his ability to make big plays and win. Give this guy a shot of confidence in himself and a chance to play and he'll really have a chance to flourish.

DISCUSS

Young is too big for you to evaluate properly. Stick to midgets.

The "it" factor he had in college now has an "sh" in front of it. Tennessee got better as soon as they went in another direction, with a washed-up has-been who nobody wanted.

Tennessee re-signing mediocre 37 year-old Kerry Collins & giving him $15M for the next 2 years tells me that his own head coach thinks Young is garbage.

Archived