Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't go as far as being "an awful player" yatta yatta yatta. Who in FA or our roster provide a potential dynamic dimension that VY provides? By no means am I on my knees for VY, I'm saying for the right price -- a cheap price we should at least inquire for him.

For how "terrible of a QB" or "as dumb of a football player" he is, when he was behind center and won 18 out of the 29 games (1 playoff loss) that he started in. Thats a .620 winning percentage, and can somebody please remind me of what QB on our roster has either A) The extra intangibles to enhance our offense B) Gane-time experience he has C) More to prove. Proof be told, Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff are two QBs you cannot feel totally confident in leading the offense. If there is any doubt it that statement, just look at the opinions of everybody on the board, the avatars and also the open competition that the camp will lead to. Because there is no clear cut answer where everybody agrees on, it opens my inquiry to see his market value

Young's stats don't jump off the paper and won't put up Peyton Manning or Tom Brady type days but he manages the game and he wins. Call him or me anything you want, just keep it above the belt. I'm just saying if we can acquire him at a reasonable price why not explore it?

Tim Couch, Akili Smith & Cade McNown won in college too.

Winning at NCAA level means nothing. Just ask Matt Leinart.

Couch was an early entry. Smith had 11 starts. McNown's completion percentage was 55%. None of those guys were even in Young's class as a prospect let alone Leinart's.

Midget I understand what your arguing, but there's no way he could handle NY. He doesn't seem to sure of himself all the while Collins is one injury away from retiring.

If Young won the starting QB spot for the Jets, I guarantee he'll be benched before the end of the season. There's no way he could handle a bad game with the way the media will smack him around.

I wouldn't go as far as being "an awful player" yatta yatta yatta. Who in FA or our roster provide a potential dynamic dimension that VY provides? By no means am I on my knees for VY, I'm saying for the right price -- a cheap price we should at least inquire for him.

For how "terrible of a QB" or "as dumb of a football player" he is, when he was behind center and won 18 out of the 29 games (1 playoff loss) that he started in. Thats a .620 winning percentage, and can somebody please remind me of what QB on our roster has either A) The extra intangibles to enhance our offense B) Gane-time experience he has C) More to prove. Proof be told, Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff are two QBs you cannot feel totally confident in leading the offense. If there is any doubt it that statement, just look at the opinions of everybody on the board, the avatars and also the open competition that the camp will lead to. Because there is no clear cut answer where everybody agrees on, it opens my inquiry to see his market value

Young's stats don't jump off the paper and won't put up Peyton Manning or Tom Brady type days but he manages the game and he wins. Call him or me anything you want, just keep it above the belt. I'm just saying if we can acquire him at a reasonable price why not explore it?

What is this "he's got something to prove" nonsense? This isn't the 2nd grade. He is as good as he is. No more, no less. His desire to not be crappy does not matter.

He "won" because the defense & special teams bailed his ass out of many games. Which is to say that the team won in spite of the crappy play of their QB.

He's an imbalanced head-case with the brains of a coffee bean. Add to that a massive ego from his college accomplishments. Further, his salaries are $7.5M in 2010 and $8.5M in 2011. And above all that, he is terrible.

That is why you do not explore it.

The last thing you'd do is give him a new contract now. His 2009 salary is $2.5M and no new contract is going to get that any lower at this point in his career.

I beg to differ, he will be playing for the league minumum soon (probably after returning from the Arena League or Canada)

The Titans didn't win under Young because he was a good Quarterback, or had Intangibles, or anything of the sort. They won under Young because they have a good football team, one that can play a power running game along with their top Defense.

It's the same reason they were the #1 Seed in the AFC last year with Kerry Collins behind center, and certainly nobody thinks a ton about Kerry Collins.

17th pick has some value. Probably not enough to get Cutler. BT has none. You want Cutler it's going to cost a David Harris type player plus another pick.

Pace is the name i heard, i'd do #17 and Pace in a heartbeat.

I also heard Revis and Washington= Super-NO and F%$k NO

Where?

Tim Couch, Akili Smith & Cade McNown won in college too.

Winning at NCAA level means nothing. Just ask Matt Leinart.

Vince Young, from a professional POV, sucks balls.

Titans were 13-3 last year, were they not?

3) The equation of VY, TJ and Leon behind our offensive line with Rex Ryan's D. We would have a ball controll offense with a versitale running attack. Oh and for our Dolphin fans on the board a potential more potent version of the wildcat.

Not too sure, but that's exactly what i thought while reading. wildcat.

just like the fins did, and, actually schotty did, for chad, make a Vince Young offense, a nasty wild cat.

Guy had a very good rookie year. These type QB's will always have the same knocks on them, but they can win. Vick won,VY won,Randall won. He can throw the ball, we could make schotty a genius again! imagine a gehius on d and a genius on O, just like 06! lol

interesting, have to weigh everything.

The last thing you'd do is give him a new contract now. His 2009 salary is $2.5M and no new contract is going to get that any lower at this point in his career.

2.5 mil for VY isn't bad. I don't know. I saw a rookie QB play some good football and his team won two years ago. last year he was yanked early. But we are going to win with our D, we are the 85 bears,86 Giants or the 2001 Ravens or last years ravens.

VY could win you some games.

Hey I'm a Ratliff dreamer, but anyone who wanted Vick, VY is a 20X better situation.

Pace is the name i heard, i'd do #17 and Pace in a heartbeat.

I also heard Revis and Washington= Super-NO and F%$k NO

From where?

Pace cannot be traded. The Jets would have to eat $18M in dead cap space this season. Unless it happened after June 1st, in which case $4-5M of that $18M will hit next year instead.

We've paid him $20M, 90% of which hasn't come off our cap yet. You can't make that disappear by trading him. To the contrary, it would all accelerate to this year instead of being spread out through the year 2013.

Only player I heard about, and it was a rumor, was Harris.

Regarding Revis, I don't yet know that the upgrade from Clemens/Ratliff to Cutler (in a run-oriented offense) serves us better if it means downgrading from Revis to Lowery.

If he couldnt win in the ****ty AFCW this season, how is going to win in the competitve AFCE?

HE couldn't win, how can you win when your defense is one of the worst in the league? How about NO ONE could win with this kind of defense?

DID HE HAVE A RUNNING GAME? ("He" sure beat the sh-- out of us when Peyton Hillis went berserk, didn't "he"?)

Also:

Look at his numbers as compared to Brady's over the same stretch at the beginning of their careers. They are comparable.

I would take him in a heartbeat and Denver would be foolish to let him go. Since when does a QB have to be Miss Congeniality? Please find an instance, one anecdote where he threw a hissy fit and it cost his team.

What is this "he's got something to prove" nonsense? This isn't the 2nd grade. He is as good as he is. No more, no less. His desire to not be crappy does not matter.

According to his wonderlic scores and the people around here he's apparently got the intelligence of a 2nd grader, but how many wins do either Clemens or Ratliff have to anoint them the "savior of the franchise". The guy can play football. When was the last time he took the field since his fallout? Zero. Point being, if he's a professional who wants to play and be a starter he has something to prove. He would want to prove that he is worth the value of the 3rd pick of the draft, worth of the hype and wasn't a total bust moving out of a college game into the NFL game. Finally, being presented an opportunity to start is a chance to achieve the overall goal of winning a championship. Its a huge motivational tool. Most recent examples of that could be Randy Moss moving from Oakland to New England and removing the label of him being washed up and a locker-room headcase who played whenever he wanted. Also Chad Pennington moving to Miami for the purpose of yes, sticking it to the Jets last season and proving that he could still is a viable starting QB. If you do not think athletes emotions and feelings do not play a HUGE role in the legacy they build for themselves, and how it motivates them then this argument shouldn't even continue.

He "won" because the defense & special teams bailed his ass out of many games. Which is to say that the team won in spite of the crappy play of their QB.

He "won" on a team anchored by a strong defense and special teams. Ok, so what your saying is that the Jets aren't building their team around a defensive minded head coach and arguably their best coach on staff is Westoff? In addition, we do have Leon Washington returning kicks and is a pro-bowler, and before him had Justin Miller again another former special teams pro-bowler. Point being VY could be given the keys to the car and said "you can start the car, pull it out the driveway and drive around the block. But only in the case of an emergency, you can drive somewhere." (i.e. game winning drives or where the running game is thwarted) I can state firmly that at this point of their careers VY provides more of a offensive threat than Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff. Again, I'm not a fan of either of the two and I'm fine with an open competition, it is simply me having doubts about both of them being viable starters. Clemens did nothing to impress in 2007 and at this juncture of his career Ratliff is a preseason hero of 2008.

He's an imbalanced head-case with the brains of a coffee bean. Add to that a massive ego from his college accomplishments. Further, his salaries are $7.5M in 2010 and $8.5M in 2011. And above all that, he is terrible.

I thought you said later in the thread its 2.5 mil.

Listen, I know alot of people could think of it as a ridiculous idea but especially with a HUGE question mark at QB we have this season, buying a players stock low and it yielding what could be a potentially high reward could be worthy of a shot. There is a reason why he was the 3rd player selected in 2006 and the first QB taken. Higher than the mirage Jay Cutler that we can't and won't acquire from the Broncos. Higher than Matt Leinhart, yes a bust of a QB who can't get off the pine in Arizona unless Warner leaves (only labeled a bust because he struggled against playing the NFC West and faltered with all of the weapons around him).

Also look whose at the controls of our team, the "glorified accountant" Tannebaum. One week everybody hates him, the next he's a god for the signings. But most importantly Woody Johnson would love nothing more than putting fannies in the stadium than having what could potentially be an electric player in Young. Favre was last years example. The only case where bringing him in would be a problem is how he handles the media. If they follow the ball control, tough D and strong special teams play mentality then when would he have to deal with the media.

I'm just saying this, many of us here aren't sold on Clemens or Ratliff. Others aren't even sold on drafting a QB like Sanchez at 17 because of numerous reasons. Most of these reasons revolve around the theme of experience. Young has that and I think some people on the board are realizing the possible personnel nightmare that Young could provide with the pieces we have.

They say Denver is gonna trade Cutler and a #3 to the Browns for Shaun Rogers and Brady Quinn. Seriously.

Would be a lucky break for Mangini, who should also have his new GM throw in Derek Anderson and a hand job. They're probably in a good enough place to draft BJ Raji to replace Rogers.

Would be a lucky break for Mangini, who should also have his new GM throw in Derek Anderson and a hand job. They're probably in a good enough place to draft BJ Raji to replace Rogers.

ultra thin skinned cutler couldnt handle the Broncos fans,, how will he react to Browns Dog Pound, let alone the New York tabloids with back pages showing goat horns on his head the day after a loss

Archived