Donavan Mcnabb ?????

spjets

oh , me too...i would rather have Ratliff start...

lol.....i don't get this sentiment one fu*king bit. why on earth would you rather just hand the job over to ratliff instead of a proven winning qb like mcnabb? i mean, wtf is going on with some of you people here? i mean seriously. what in hell has ratliff done to receive such idealization around here? throw a couple of passes to a wide open receiver against 4th string defenses......i just don't fu*king get it at all.

McNabb is better than any QB on the Jets roster. Too bad for them he's not leaving Philadelphia.

They're going to go out and get him some help this year. The birds already added a RT, next is a WR via trade or FA (Boldin or TJ) and probably a RB in the draft.

McNabb is a supreme talent. But he's a choke artist and his receivers never know where to hold their hands to expect a pass from him. Sometimes it's right on the money & lots of times they're all over the place. High, low, too much in front, a tad behind. They still usually catch the ball because (even though they're not premiere WR's with the exception of Owens for a year-plus) they are NFL receivers.

That is why Reid even entertained the possibility of dumping him and benching him over the past couple of years when he should be right-smack in his QB'ing prime at around 30 years old with years of experience under his belt. They have a 9-6 playoff record with McNabb, but it was a rarity for Philly's defense to give up 20 points. The Eagles have never won a playoff game with McNabb when the defense gave up 20 pts or more.

That doesn't mean I'm as excited with Clemens/Ratliff as if we had Peyton Manning at QB. But McNabb is far from the end-all of QB's.

lol.....i don't get this sentiment one fu*king bit. why on earth would you rather just hand the job over to ratliff instead of a proven winning qb like mcnabb? i mean, wtf is going on with some of you people here? i mean seriously. what in hell has ratliff done to receive such idealization around here? throw a couple of passes to a wide open receiver against 4th string defenses......i just don't fu*king get it at all.

We don't need a complete star at the QB position. It's either we have that or a defense that makes you **** yourself. I think we're on our way to the 2nd option.

It's going to be a race for who starts for us, but I know Rex will choose the right one. I just think we need a manager at the position, for example, Kerry Collins. Check his stats out from last year.

McNabb is a supreme talent. But he's a choke artist and his receivers never know where to hold their hands to expect a pass from him. Sometimes it's right on the money & lots of times they're all over the place. High, low, too much in front, a tad behind. They still usually catch the ball because (even though they're not premiere WR's with the exception of Owens for a year-plus) they are NFL receivers.

That is why Reid even entertained the possibility of dumping him and benching him over the past couple of years when he should be right-smack in his QB'ing prime at around 30 years old with years of experience under his belt. They have a 9-6 playoff record with McNabb, but it was a rarity for Philly's defense to give up 20 points. The Eagles have never won a playoff game with McNabb when the defense gave up 20 pts or more.

That doesn't mean I'm as excited with Clemens/Ratliff as if we had Peyton Manning at QB. But McNabb is far from the end-all of QB's.

I usally agree with you, but McNabb is definitely a Top 10 QB.

He's a top 10 talent. But are there really 10 outstanding qbs in the league to the point where a top 10 an is really all that?

Maybe you misunderstood me, McNabb is capable of winning a ring IF you put the players around him. Reggie Brown and Grew Lewis are NOT those players.

It's that simple. I'll take McNabb on my team except for this year.

We don't need a complete star at the QB position. It's either we have that or a defense that makes you **** yourself. I think we're on our way to the 2nd option.

It's going to be a race for who starts for us, but I know Rex will choose the right one. I just think we need a manager at the position, for example, Kerry Collins. Check his stats out from last year.

ummm....i be to differ. who says you can't have a great defense and also a franchise qb? any team that wants to win consistently in the nfl needs to have a franchise qb. it's stupid, imo, to be happy with a mediocre qb just because you have a good defense.

ummm....i be to differ. who says you can't have a great defense and also a franchise qb? any team that wants to win consistently in the nfl needs to have a franchise qb. it's stupid, imo, to be happy with a mediocre qb just because you have a good defense.

The Ravens and Titans are proof that you don't need a STAR at the QB position WHEN you have a great defense.

Kerry Collins? Seriously?

Maybe you misunderstood me, McNabb is capable of winning a ring IF you put the players around him. Reggie Brown and Grew Lewis are NOT those players.

It's that simple. I'll take McNabb on my team except for this year.

McNabb misses a lot of guys who are wide open. And Reggie Brown & Greg Lewis hardly played last year.

This is all moot; the Jets are not getting Donovan McNabb.

The Ravens and Titans are proof that you don't need a STAR at the QB position WHEN you have a great defense.

Kerry Collins? Seriously?

i'm talking about consistently making the play-offs and being a legitimate contender to make the superbowl year in and year out. not making the play-offs every other year.

Archived