Coles Update.. oops

kukirojas

Dolphins | Unlikely to pursue Coles

Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:30:25 -0800

Brian Biggane, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins likely will not pursue unrestricted free-agent WR Laveranues Coles (Jets) because they do not see Coles as the No. 1 receiver they are looking for, according to a league source.

Can you just imagine the bitching and moaning? Thanks, but no thanks.

What would he have to bitch about? He would've screwed himself!

Like I said, I don't think he'd do it - but I would. Bring back Coles and draft a WR at #17. We'd be back in pretty good shape on offense at that point.

What would he have to bitch about? He would've screwed himself!

Like I said, I don't think he'd do it - but I would. Bring back Coles and draft a WR at #17. We'd be back in pretty good shape on offense at that point.

Since when did he need a legitimate beef to bitch, moan and have a s****y attitude? Plus, he's done. His play and ability to stay healthy have been on a steady decline. It's early, and I am confident that we'll fill his spot with an upgrade. And we have the added benefit of losing key "un-named player" quotes now that both he and Baker have hit the road.

Since when did he need a legitimate beef to bitch, moan and have a s****y attitude? Plus, he's done. His play and ability to stay healthy have been on a steady decline. It's early, and I am confident that we'll fill his spot with an upgrade. And we have the added benefit of losing key "un-named player" quotes now that both he and Baker have hit the road.

wishful thinking and a lot of speculation...

...I am confident that we'll fill his spot with an upgrade. And we have the added benefit of losing key "un-named player" quotes now that both he and Baker have hit the road.

I wanted the Jets to draft a WR when I fully expected Coles to be here for the last year of his deal. Hopefully that rookie would eventually be an upgrade over Coles - but WR's usually take a year or two to develop. There's no one on the FA market who's an upgrade. What are you thinking? Boldin?

And Baker's another guy whining Jet fans are gonna miss next season. Simply a solid TE. Solid blocker, good hands. There's no one on the market to replace him, either, and it's another tough transition position from college to the pros.

Now that Gaffney is gone to the Broncos I could see him as a #3 with the Patriots. I have a feeling that one way or another he's going to stay in the AFCE.

There's no way Coles goes to a team as a #3. He'd come crawling back to us before he's do that.

And Baker's another guy whining Jet fans are gonna miss next season. Simply a solid TE. Solid blocker, good hands. There's no one on the market to replace him, either, and it's another tough transition position from college to the pros.

The Jets are going to miss Baker and he will be a very, very good player for the Pats next year - write it down. Baker was never used right by Mangini/Schotty.

Now that Gaffney is gone to the Broncos I could see him as a #3 with the Patriots. I have a feeling that one way or another he's going to stay in the AFCE.

That would be a nightmare. Think about this: Moss, Welker, Coles and Baker with Taylor and Dred Zeppelin in the backfield. They might average 42 a game with that crew. Yikes!

There's no way Coles goes to a team as a #3. He'd come crawling back to us before he's do that.

Look, I learned long ago to never say never. With Brady at 100% the Patriots are one of the frontrunners for the Super Bowl. He's at the end of his career. Why not go to a team where you have a real good shot at getting that ring before hanging them up?

The Jets are going to miss Baker and he will be a very, very good player for the Pats next year - write it down. Baker was never used right by Mangini/Schotty.

That would be a nightmare. Think about this: Moss, Welker, Coles and Baker with Taylor and Dred Zeppelin in the backfield. They might average 42 a game with that crew. Yikes!

I did think about that and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a twinge in my pants. :lol:

Look, I learned long ago to never say never. With Brady at 100% the Patriots are one of the frontrunners for the Super Bowl. He's at the end of his career. Why not go to a team where you have a real good shot at getting that ring before hanging them up?

How do you figure?

The defense is worse than last year and there is no way Brady is as good as he was in 2007.

Brady does not automatically take the Pats from non-playoff team to superbowl team... especially with the knee...

If the Jets don't want him back then he may have no better option.

To be honest I would be shocked if he even wants to go back to the Jets. He hasn't been happy there for about three seasons and now they cut him. He'll be looking to land with another team in the AFCE to get some payback.

How do you figure?

The defense is worse than last year and there is no way Brady is as good as he was in 2007.

Brady does not automatically take the Pats from non-playoff team to superbowl team... especially with the knee...

1. FA started three days ago. Just a tad early to proclaim that they're worse than last season. Well maybe not for you but for most rational NFL fans.

2. Yes he does and you know it.

1. FA started three days ago. Just a tad early to proclaim that they're worse than last season. Well maybe not for you but for most rational NFL fans.

2. Yes he does and you know it.

I dont know it... Cassel put up some big #s last season too and he is mobile... Brady is going to be even more of a statue than usual and scared to step into his throws...

That said the AFC is pretty wide open looking so far so its certainly possible...

I dont know it... Cassel put up some big #s last season too and he is mobile... Brady is going to be even more of a statue than usual and scared to step into his throws...

That said the AFC is pretty wide open looking so far so its certainly possible...

Dude if you're a doctor/psycholigist, why are you looking into being a bartender?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not the one claiming to know how Brady is going to react to his injury.

Sure you are... your claiming he will come back and make a team that missed the playoffs a superbowl contender...

Sure you are... your claiming he will come back and make a team that missed the playoffs a superbowl contender...

I'm basing this on the fact that the Patriots cut ties with Cassel. If they were willing to do that then they clearly no something that neither you or I do and I'm willing to bet that something is Brady is 100% ready to stomp a mudhole in the NFL's a$$.

I'm basing this on the fact that the Patriots cut ties with Cassel. If they were willing to do that then they clearly no something that neither you or I do and I'm willing to bet that something is Brady is 100% ready to stomp a mudhole in the NFL's a$$.

I think Cassel's 15 million had more to do with it than Brady's knee being ready...

I think Cassel's 15 million had more to do with it than Brady's knee being ready...

I don't. If they knew they were going to need a qb they would have kept him and traded him once Brady was ready to go.

Archived