Coles Update.. oops

kukirojas

Look, I learned long ago to never say never. With Brady at 100% the Patriots are one of the frontrunners for the Super Bowl. He's at the end of his career. Why not go to a team where you have a real good shot at getting that ring before hanging them up?

I defend Coles on here -it seems- all the time, but even I have to admit that this guy is all about the money. I'm sure he likes winning, and he gives it all on the field - but he's strictly doing that for the highest bidder.

To be honest I would be shocked if he even wants to go back to the Jets. He hasn't been happy there for about three seasons and now they cut him. He'll be looking to land with another team in the AFCE to get some payback.

The Jets really "cut him" as a favor to him because he thought he could make more money/get a longer contract somewhere else. He asked to get out out of $6M guaranteed. He has no grudge against them in that regard. I think his pride might get in the way of resigning - coming back with his tail between his legs after he didn't get what he thought he'd get isn't really his style. But again, it's possible if this is where the most money lies.

What would he have to bitch about? He would've screwed himself!

Like I said, I don't think he'd do it - but I would. Bring back Coles and draft a WR at #17. We'd be back in pretty good shape on offense at that point.

yeah too bad we still don't have a qb to throw it to them though.

Look, I learned long ago to never say never. With Brady at 100% the Patriots are one of the frontrunners for the Super Bowl. He's at the end of his career. Why not go to a team where you have a real good shot at getting that ring before hanging them up?

You obviously don't know much about Coles. He is all about the money and me first. I don't think his ego would allow him to be a #3. However, if the Cheaters pay him like a #1 then it may be a possibilty. But I highly doubt they pay him like a #1 but use him as a #3.

To be honest I would be shocked if he even wants to go back to the Jets. He hasn't been happy there for about three seasons and now they cut him. He'll be looking to land with another team in the AFCE to get some payback.

Coles will go where the money takes him. Payback, a chance for ring, great QB would all be a bit of icing but the money would be the cake.

I'm basing this on the fact that the Patriots cut ties with Cassel. If they were willing to do that then they clearly no something that neither you or I do and I'm willing to bet that something is Brady is 100% ready to stomp a mudhole in the NFL's a$$.
So he's done drilling your's then.:rim:

The Jets cut him AT HIS REQUEST. Big difference. Get it straight.

I'm basing this on the fact that the Patriots cut ties with Cassel. If they were willing to do that then they clearly no something that neither you or I do and I'm willing to bet that something is Brady is 100% ready to stomp a mudhole in the NFL's a$$.

Just once it would be nice to see you post when you weren't wearing your Patzie coloured glasses. :rolleyes:

Just once it would be nice to see you post when you weren't wearing your Patzie coloured glasses. :rolleyes:

Okay so we have an organization that has won three championships in recent memory and it would be logical for anyone to think that they would cut loose a capable starting qb knowing that their all world qb will still be on the shelf for an undetermined part of the season. I apologize if my "Patzie" colored glasses come with built in common sense as well.

Okay so we have an organization that has won three championships in recent memory and it would be logical for anyone to think that they would cut loose a capable starting qb knowing that their all world qb will still be on the shelf for an undetermined part of the season. I apologize if my "Patzie" colored glasses come with built in common sense as well.
I hear they got some good video tapes in the trade and that's what actually sealed the deal. :baby:

* You ain't won diddly-do since you were caught cheating.

So were we just talking about the Patriots and whether they were dumb enough to cut Cassel loose when Brady isn't ready to go or what...I seem to have gotten lost somewhere between point A and B or maybe you're just straying way the f#ck off track. Yeah that's it.

So were we just talking about the Patriots and whether they were dumb enough to cut Cassel loose when Brady isn't ready to go or what...I seem to have gotten lost somewhere between point A and B or maybe you're just straying way the f#ck off track. Yeah that's it.
How can you bring up suber bowls without mentioning cheating? :rolleyes:

How can you bring up suber bowls without mentioning cheating? :rolleyes:

Exactly. Any time a Patzie troll mentions a Super Bowl on this site you KNOW cheating or an asterik is going to be mentioned. Apparently they haven't picked up on this yet. Good GAWD it's been long enough. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Any time a Patzie troll mentions a Super Bowl on this site you KNOW cheating or an asterik is going to be mentioned. Apparently they haven't picked up on this yet. Good GAWD it's been long enough. :rolleyes:
Thai did you really expect them to?

They are all retarded, like that. :character0282:

Okay we'll simplify for the haters out there. Do you or do you not believe that Tom Brady will be ready to go opening day? Simple yes or no question. Of course you can throw in he's gay and whatnot. That's just expected.

Okay we'll simplify for the haters out there. Do you or do you not believe that Tom Brady will be ready to go opening day? Simple yes or no question. Of course you can throw in he's gay and whatnot. That's just expected.

Why do you insist on hijacking this thread ? The thread is about COLES not some dumb a$$ Patsie.

Why do you insist on hijacking this thread ? The thread is about COLES not some dumb a$$ Patsie.

Go back and read the thread. I didn't hijack it, your boy Ecurb did. I was talking about Coles and the possibilities of him becoming a Patriot. No apology needed.

Since when did he need a legitimate beef to bitch, moan and have a s****y attitude? Plus, he's done. His play and ability to stay healthy have been on a steady decline. It's early, and I am confident that we'll fill his spot with an upgrade. And we have the added benefit of losing key "un-named player" quotes now that both he and Baker have hit the road.

His play ability may be on a decline but let's look at some FACTS here.

1) Led the team in touchdown receptions

2) tied Cotch for reception yards,

3) tied Cotch for avg per catch,

4) tied Cotch for number of receptions.

Now, if we don't sign a FA wide receiver who is an upgrade over him (chances seem low, plus its a weak group there are only a few better out there) then here is what we're looking at:

Option 1: don't resign Coles for less.

Possible WR corps: #1 Cotch, 1st round pick @ 17, Stuckey, Clowney and Smith compete for 2, 3 and 4 spot.

Option 2: do resign Coles for less.

Possible WR corps: Coles/Cotch at 1/2, Clowney, Stuckey, Smith, 1st round pick @ 17 compete for 3 and 4.

Which is better? Seriously?

As to his attitude. Just answer me this: does he play his heart out on the field, yes or no?

Does he fight through injury to contribute as best he can, yes or no?

If he accepts his humble pie and has to return for less, what exactly is he going to be bitching about? Hell, how bad was his complaining to begin with? The most you heard about in the media was "unnamed locker room interviewee", upset about his friend Chad leaving (so what give the guy a break), wanting to be more involved (after he mentioned this he went on to grab THREE touchdowns in a single half if I recall)

Should we take Coles back for less? You better believe it.

There's a quote in a recent ESPN Magazie by Cortland Finnegan suggesting he got in Coles head last year to the point that it caused an INT from Favre. Said that Coles became so obsessed with battling Finnegan that he forgot about running good routes.

Just a little evidence for those that thought Coles head wasn't in the game a lot last year..

There's a quote in a recent ESPN Magazie by Cortland Finnegan suggesting he got in Coles head last year to the point that it caused an INT from Favre. Said that Coles became so obsessed with battling Finnegan that he forgot about running good routes.

Just a little evidence for those that thought Coles head wasn't in the game a lot last year..

Finnegan needs to do a better job then, Coles went 7 catches for 88 yards and a TD against the Titans......If i remember the interception came on a go route up the sideline that was slightly underthrown....Not saying that Coles never lost focus last year but clearly the Titan game was not one...

As a matter of fact with the ass whooping we gave the Titans i doubt they were in any of the Jets heads that day....:D

Finnegan needs to do a better job then, Coles went 7 catches for 88 yards and a TD against the Titans......If i remember the interception came on a go route up the sideline that was slightly underthrown....Not saying that Coles never lost focus last year but clearly the Titan game was not one...

As a matter of fact with the ass whooping we gave the Titans i doubt they were in any of the Jets heads that day....:D

I don't know if Finnegan was covering him all day. Just reporting what I read ;)

Archived