Lombardi from NFL network rips jets moves

kukirojas

One needs to look no further than Mike Lombardi's horribly uninformed comments about the Brandon Moore deal to understand why this moron can't get a job with an NFL team.

The man's incompetence is reaching legendary levels.

+1. They significantly lower his cap number and he got a lot less than many of the guard deals that people were projecting him to get this offseason.

Lombardi analyzing NFL personnel moves is the same equivalent as Matt Millen analyzing the playoffs for NBC this past January: They screwed things up so bad for the organizations they worked for that its hard to believe anybody gives any credibility to what they have to say.

I like the moves you made signing Ed Hartwell Pt.II (jk) and getting Lito Sheppard for a 5th...solid moves. You have a very good cb tandem now, and once you snatch up the white safety that secondary is looking killer.

I can't wait to see Chaddy boy urinate himself 2x a year like he did against the Ravens :rl:

I can't wait to see Chaddy boy urinate himself 2x a year like he did against the Ravens :rl:

While your D is def improving, i doubt anyone is fearing tghe Jets D. I wanna see what Ed Hartwell Pt.II does without Ray and Suggs by his side. But i much as i hate your team and want it all to fall apart i think you guys made very solid moves. I didn't know Sheppard could be had for only a 5th. My team is desperate for a CB right about now.

Lombardi pretty much despises the Jets so Id take almost anything he says with a grain of salt. Criticizing the Moore deal, whose cap number was likely reduced to about 3.5 million, is just silly.

I think Lombardi is constantly lobbying on-air for a job with his mancrush Belichick.

He worked with the guy in Cleveland. When BB was hired as the Jets DC, he brought Mangini and Tannenbaum with him. Lombardi didn't get a call. Gee, I wonder why.

While your D is def improving, i doubt anyone is fearing tghe Jets D. I wanna see what Ed Hartwell Pt.II does without Ray and Suggs by his side. But i much as i hate your team and want it all to fall apart i think you guys made very solid moves. I didn't know Sheppard could be had for only a 5th. My team is desperate for a CB right about now.

Thats what our top shelf front office does over yours;), we are one step ahead.

10. The most absurd deal of early free agency is the Jets cutting of guard Brandon Moore and his $7-million roster bonus, then resigning him for a bigger contract in terms of guarantee but not in overall dollars, so the jets have more cap flexibility and kept the o-line intact

Who cares what most of these national guys think. I listen to Erik Boland of Newsday and Dave Hutchinson of The Star Ledger. To hell with the rest of them. And I trust Tanny any day over this guy Lombardi regarding cap moves. Now if his first name was Vince, then....

One needs to look no further than Mike Lombardi's horribly uninformed comments about the Brandon Moore deal to understand why this moron can't get a job with an NFL team.

The man's incompetence is reaching legendary levels.

That seriously could be the most retarded thing I have ever read.

And his comments on Scott are retarded as well. The deal is mind boggling? Care to elaborate Lombardi?

The Moore comment is completely ridiculous because he acts as if the salary cap isn't totally dependent on your per year salary. Moore with a $7 million plus cap number versus Moore with a $4 million cap number.

Is it starting to get more obvious as to why Lombardi can't get a job with an NFL team?

The Moore comment is completely ridiculous because he acts as if the salary cap isn't totally dependent on your per year salary. Moore with a $7 million plus cap number versus Moore with a $4 million cap number.

No, but the negative is that we have further committed to Moore. Had we kepy him at 7mil and he stunk/got hurt this year that would've been just about it, now he is assured of occupying our cap the next few seasons..

I don't agree Lombardi, ftr, just trying to explain that there is a potential downside. I figured Moore's roster bonus wouldv'e been converted to a signing bonus from the get go..

10. The most absurd deal of early free agency is the Jets cutting of guard Brandon Moore and his $7-million roster bonus, then resigning him for a bigger contract in terms of guarantee.

And this is his most absurd observation. This guy was in an NFL front office? Good Lord.

No, but the negative is that we have further committed to Moore. Had we kepy him at 7mil and he stunk/got hurt this year that would've been just about it, now he is assured of occupying our cap the next few seasons..

I don't agree Lombardi, ftr, just trying to explain that there is a potential downside. I figured Moore's roster bonus wouldv'e been converted to a signing bonus from the get go..

It is not even assured that there will be a cap past this season. That's why his comments are absurd.

I think the bottom line is the Jets gave him a realistic raise of about 1 million dollars over the next 3 years to stay here with the potential to keep him here for a 4th season if he plays well, which would not have been the case under his prior deal.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/diner-morning-news-17/

FROM MICHAEL LOMBARDI:

10. The most absurd deal of early free agency is the Jets cutting of guard Brandon Moore and his $7-million roster bonus, then resigning him for a bigger contract in terms of guarantee.

Let me explain it to you moron (Lombard, not you kuk):

In 2009, Moore was going to count about 8M on the cap. Guess what, now we have him for HALF that value. GET IT MORON? Same guy, slight risk, 4M savings. NO BRAINER.

Couple that with the fact without a new deal, Moore would not have been able to get much of a raise next year if there is no CBA.

Amazing that I can figure this out in 2 minutes but some idiot who gets paid 6 figures to do this can't.

9. I like Bart Scott as a player, but that deal is mind-boggling. And I’m afraid Jets fans will not see the value in that deal.

It's not like the Jets pulled that number out of mid-air, they found themselves in something of a bidding war that they were determined to win. As long as Jet fans aren't looking at his 9.5 sack season as a guideline, I think most fans will be pleased. NY fans are sophisticated enough to understand a solid run defense. And Jet fans see one so rarely that they'll definitely appreciate it.

And calling Scott, "Hartwell pt. II," is funny, but probably not very accurate. Hartwell didn't have his position coach and DC coming with him to to run the identical dee in his new town. A player couldn't ask for a better situation moving from one team to another.

I was pissed when the Jets cut Moore. The deal they resigned him to -and so quickly- changed my mind on that transaction in a hurry. The only absurd thing here is the fact that Lombardi can be a professional football writer with such little understanding of the salary cap.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/diner-morning-news-17/

Diner Morning News

FROM MICHAEL LOMBARDI:

With the first weekend of free agency in the books, it’s time to take a look at some of the top signings and the impact they will have on their new teams. Check back in later today for another breakdown on the 2009 free agent class.

1. The key to the Albert Haynesworth signing in Washington will be if Andre Carter and Jason Taylor can beat single blocks in pass rush. They must both produce double-digit sacks.

2. I thought Derrick Dockery played as badly as any guard in the NFL last year, so the ‘Skins better hope Joe Bugel can help him regain his old form. The deal was mind-boggling considering the Bills wanted to bench him halfway through the season.

3. I really don’t see the value in DeAngelo Hall, but maybe I’m being too hard on him. I’ll give it the summer to see if he can cover anyone and play with confidence.

4. Philadelphia had to sign Stacy Andrews and take a chance on his knee and hope he can help his brother Shawn regain his love of football. It might solve two needs.

5. I love what the Giants have accomplished in free agency. They’ve fixed their defense and added more team speed. Rocky Bernard will be a big-time player for them.

6. Clearly, the Keith Brooking signing is a precursor and good-faith move for the Cowboys as they prepare to re-sign DeMarcus Ware. Ware and Brooking share the same agent.

7. Jon Kitna can at least function and run the Cowboys’ offense. He might not be able to win the game, but at least now he can run the system. Brad Johnson just didn’t have anything left.

8. Where could Ray Lewis go that would pay him more than Baltimore? Clearly, the Cowboys were not as interested in Ray as everyone once thought.

9. I like Bart Scott as a player, but that deal is mind-boggling. And I’m afraid Jets fans will not see the value in that deal.

11. I hear that no one in Houston was upset to see Sage Rosenfels leave. He’ll need to win over his teammates in Minnesota with more care than he did in Houston. Part of being a starting QB is having the locker room completely behind you.

This guy is a dunce. Even the radio people are missing this. Hello? We SAVED money. Of course he has more guaranteed. He is signed for FOUR YEARS! It just does not come off the cap THIS YEAR like the 8 mil did. Pay him 8 mil this year and of course he will sign for the vet minimum with us next year, out of gratitude. I have said it all along. Too many football "extwerps" on the tube.

Archived