The passive, bend dont break days are over

SouthernJet

He just said Jets wont play agressive defense, but they will play a VIOLENT defense.

He said we will be so violent it will make offense players think twice about coming back on field out of fear of being hurt

WOW! My prayers have been answered.

Bart Scott just said in presser that he wasnt going to go to a team that played cover 2 or bend dont break defenses. He said Jets fit cause they will play agressive attacking defense every down..

this is awesome news..............for our defense. we just gotta figure out how to score a touchdown or a field goal in the regular season now.

this is awesome news..............for our defense. we just gotta figure out how to score a touchdown or a field goal in the regular season now.

we can be like the Giants heydays with LT, carson , Simms, etc..

win 17-10.. 20-13 etc

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A VIOLENT DEFENSE...I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!

If linebacker Bart Scott plays half as good of a game as he talks, the Jets have themselves quite a free agent prize.

Scott just met the media on a conference call and it was the stuff of legends. With he and new Jets coach Rex Ryan in the same room, it's a wonder anybody else got in a word.

Scott, like Ryan, promised that the Jets defense will be among the most physical and intimidating in the league and won't have a problem talking trash in the process. In fact, Scott took it a notch higher, saying the Jets will be a "violent'' bunch.

"We won't back down from anybody,'' said Scott Monday. "We won't take a step back from anybody. You guys (the media) can expect to see a very physical, violent -- I don't know if this division has even seen a violent defense.

"It's one thing to be physical and make a tackle. It's another thing to be violent. Violent makes (opponents) stay on the sidelines when they're getting hit and are questionable when their ankle is hurt. If they know (if they come back in the game) they're going to receive violence, they'll sit that one out.

"That's what we'll try to bring to the table and I have no problem talking it. To tell you the truth, you'll have to shut me up.''

A major criticism of the Jets defense last season is it had no vocal leaders. You can consider that problem solved.

Throughout the conference call, Scott spoke of being "violent.'' He was asked where it came from because players don't normally use that word.

"I've been a violent, physical player ever since I was in little league,'' said Scott, a former undrafted free agent who has played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career. "I've always played that way.

"My high school coach taught me to play that way and Baltimore taught me how to control it. It's one thing to be violent and passionate without being reckless. We'll call it organized chaos where there's a lot going on but you have to know where to draw the line. Football is a very physical game and you have to go in there with bad intentions.''

Mangini brought his bag of wind defense to Cleveland. We'll be fine.

I've no doubt we have a helluva defense. I like our oline & I like the richardson signing & tj.

we have to be a little concerned about the loss of baker & coles without a proven q'back don't we.

I hate losing baker. coles isn't a great #1 reciever I don't think but i'll be curious to see how we fill the void.

it's day 4 & we have the draft so i'm not panickin.

see ya tomorrow guys

Bart Scott just said in presser that he wasnt going to go to a team that played cover 2 or bend dont break defenses. He said Jets fit cause they will play agressive attacking defense every down..

Thats awesome. We know this already, we heard Rex say this the day he was hired.

Now lets SEE it instead of hearing it.

Can't wait for September.

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A VIOLENT DEFENSE...I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!

If linebacker Bart Scott plays half as good of a game as he talks, the Jets have themselves quite a free agent prize.

Scott just met the media on a conference call and it was the stuff of legends. With he and new Jets coach Rex Ryan in the same room, it's a wonder anybody else got in a word.

Scott, like Ryan, promised that the Jets defense will be among the most physical and intimidating in the league and won't have a problem talking trash in the process. In fact, Scott took it a notch higher, saying the Jets will be a "violent'' bunch.

"We won't back down from anybody,'' said Scott Monday. "We won't take a step back from anybody. You guys (the media) can expect to see a very physical, violent -- I don't know if this division has even seen a violent defense.

"It's one thing to be physical and make a tackle. It's another thing to be violent. Violent makes (opponents) stay on the sidelines when they're getting hit and are questionable when their ankle is hurt. If they know (if they come back in the game) they're going to receive violence, they'll sit that one out.

"That's what we'll try to bring to the table and I have no problem talking it. To tell you the truth, you'll have to shut me up.''

A major criticism of the Jets defense last season is it had no vocal leaders. You can consider that problem solved.

Throughout the conference call, Scott spoke of being "violent.'' He was asked where it came from because players don't normally use that word.

"I've been a violent, physical player ever since I was in little league,'' said Scott, a former undrafted free agent who has played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career. "I've always played that way.

"My high school coach taught me to play that way and Baltimore taught me how to control it. It's one thing to be violent and passionate without being reckless. We'll call it organized chaos where there's a lot going on but you have to know where to draw the line. Football is a very physical game and you have to go in there with bad intentions.''

God I hope we can back this talk up. It will be ****ing amazing.

Mangini brought his bag of wind defense to Cleveland. We'll be fine.

Yeah - all the DogPounders can watch their defense read and react like a gaggle of vagina's because Tubby da coach doesn't want to hear the band play. Intercouse that fat dildo. There will be "ole time hockey" in the Meadowlands and I cant wait to see it.

Its going to take a lot more than one player.

He is talking it up, I just hope it translate and its infectious.

I think that's what Rex and now Scott are trying to do. They know our history, they know the "mentality" when it comes to this franchise. It seems more or less they're trying to change that. To believe we can, to have the confidence that we will, and I DO think that type of thinking is infectious.

I think that's what Rex and now Scott are trying to do. They know our history, they know the "mentality" when it comes to this franchise. It seems more or less they're trying to change that. To believe we can, to have the confidence that we will, and I DO think that type of thinking is infectious.

I know what they are trying to do, I just hope it happens.

I'm on board, I'm sold, I love everything they are saying. It would be a damn shame if the rest of the team didnt live up to it.

Violent defense? WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I like everything I'm hearing so far from the defensive side of the ball. A mean, nasty attacking D. Gotta love it. Now we just need a QB to at least put some points on the board.

For $48 million, he better.

If healthy, he will.

The Jets have improved at a position of need. The Mangini "read & react/bend but don't break" defense was ill suited for the players the Jets have. At around the second Pats game, Mangini started having Pace primarily drop in coverage. Favre's excellent performance at the end of regulation & in OT overshadows the complete collapse of the defense using Mangini's patented passive scheme.

If if the Jets had Barton now instead of Scott the defense would improve based on Rex's scheme alone. Scott is better than Barton so his impact will be recognized.

I love everything I'm hearing from these guys too. I love an attacking one gap D. OTOH, I hope you all realize that attacking defenses often give up big plays and just because the Jets attack it does not mean they will give up fewer points. Attacking defenses give up MORE big plays and quite possibly more points, but they also get more turnovers and big plays and scores on D. IMO the big advantage is that it's simpler and more fun so that players really enjoy it and play hard and instinctually at all times. Hopefully that translates to more success on the field.

Archived