BREAKING NEWS: Redskins Release DE Jason Taylor

Ghost

You know I hate Jason Taylor with a passion, maybe just like every Jets fan. But he is a huge upgrade over Kenyon Coleman. I think he underachieved in Washington because he played on the wrong side.

I will try and pursue him just to see what kind of money he wants.

You know I hate Jason Taylor with a passion, maybe just like every Jets fan. But he is a huge upgrade over Kenyon Coleman. I think he underachieved in Washington because he played on the wrong side.

I will try and pursue him just to see what kind of money he wants.

So now Jason Taylor is going to play 34 DE?

Kenyon Coleman would look like Richard Seymour compared to Taylor as a 34 DE.

not only is jason taylor a 4-3 DE but he's just not the same player he used to be, lets try building for the future, didnt we just learn this lesson with a certain QB from last season who was no longer in his prime?

You're discounting his three seasons that he played OLB with the Dolphins. Just a paltry 36.5 sacks in that span.

I think he's talented enough to do so. He constantly applys pressure to the QBs and with Jenkins getting doubled most of the time, I think Taylor can take advantage of that.

You're discounting his three seasons that he played OLB with the Dolphins. Just a paltry 36.5 sacks in that span.

yeah that was a pretty good 3 season span, but he wasn't always lined up at OLB during that time. Regardless, we dont need another OLB let alone one who's turning 35 and coming off multiple surgeries for the knee injury he sufferred last year.

Really?! Jason Taylor's most productive years in his 12 year career were as an OLB/ DE in a hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense. Any teams currently running such a type of defense would benifit greatly by the presence of Taylor playing in that system.

Except the Jets or Pats ;)

We're on the same page here Joe. In our defense he'd get chewed up at DE. Opponents would run the ball right down cry babies throat.

Archived