Housh headed to seattle

jetsman

Breaking: Housh Headed To Seattle

Barring any last-second problems, free agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to sources close to the situation.

According to the source, the Seahawks have offered close to $2 million more than the closest competitor in the race for Houshmandzadeh

with Housh signing in SEA and WR not as big of a concern any chance that Crabtree slides. They may go after Olineman or may try to secure their future QB in Sanchez with their 4th pick.

Any thoguhts

i personally think that they will end up with oline now at #4. Crabtree will slide maybe to Oakland or SF. I cant see him falling past there

nope the only way seneca sees the field is if Hass get hurt again, Seneca is god awful IMO

He started at the end of the year last year and hasselbeck was healthy. Seneca is good qb for his size and is not god awful... he killed the jets last year(not saying much)

He started at the end of the year last year and hasselbeck was healthy. Seneca is good qb for his size and is not god awful... he killed the jets last year(not saying much)

they sat Hasselbeck out the remainder of the season as not to injure his back more than it was already. As I said i saw a few of the games where he did start earlier in the year and he was God awful and was replaced by Charlie Frye. You know how bad you have to be to replaced by Frye?

Seahawks signed WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal includes $15 million in guarantees.

Seattle had an edge over the Bengals and Vikings because it's closest to Houshmandzadeh's L.A. home, but GM Tim Ruskell still overpaid. While Housh has more catches than anyone over the last four years and figures to have 2-3 strong seasons left, going five years with this much guaranteed on a wideout who'll be 32 in September is extremely risky. Housh is also going to a more balanced offense that won't play from behind as much as the Bengals. He'll be Seattle's No. 1 receiver, but will have to learn a West Coast offense and is unlikely to approach the 90-reception mark again.

contract details from the housh deal

how could this schmuck choose seattle over minnesota? He woulda been playing for an instant contender, can u imagine him and berrian with peterson in the backfield? thats downright scary. And now the vikings have themselves a solid QB in rosenfels.

I guess Housh likes his offseasons to start early.

I would be surprised to see Seattle take Crabtree at 4 now, but then again, you always need more than one receiver.

C'mon. They have Deion Branch.

Can't believe Mangini almost convinced Tannenbaum to give up their first round pick and a $35-40M contract for him. The first round pick that we turned into Revis.

I honestly dont see tanny drafting anyone but a dE

we need a de

shoulda got canty , then we could have drafted a wr

Tyson Jackson appears to be the only true 3-4 DE in the draft and im not sure hed have that big of an impact. I think the rest of our defense is good enough that we can get by with what we have at DE but our WR corps is lacking that red zone threat.

Its seems like Tanny is using free agency to shore up the defense and is gonna use the draft mainly for the offense.

yeah sure , hes decent

and ellis is 2 years form retirement.

we gotta plan for the future and we have to start developing a position like that early, like we did mangold and DBRICK

they payd off HUGE for our OLINE

so now its time to work on the DL

Mangold & D'Brick were 1st round picks who came in and started right away.

Kenyon Coleman has got plenty of time left in him and is very strong against the run. Shaun Ellis has AT LEAST two years left in him, but he'll be like Trevor Pryce was in BAL under Ryan, x2 or 3.

There is no need to spend a 1st round pick on a DE unless Coleman is let go or Ryan feels that strongly that he needs to upgrade the position.

He said he needs 1 or 2 players for his defense to be great, he got those 2.

Mangold & D'Brick were 1st round picks who came in and started right away.

Kenyon Coleman has got plenty of time left in him and is very strong against the run. Shaun Ellis has AT LEAST two years left in him, but he'll be like Trevor Pryce was in BAL under Ryan, x2 or 3.

There is no need to spend a 1st round pick on a DE unless Coleman is let go or Ryan feels that strongly that he needs to upgrade the position.

He said he needs 1 or 2 players for his defense to be great, he got those 2.

works for me:cheers:

Archived