TITANS LAND WASHINGTON

spjets

TITANS LAND WASHINGTON

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 2, 2009, 6:07 p.m.

The Tennessee Titans have reached an agreement with Pittsburgh Steelers free agent wide receiver Nate Washingtonmag-glass_10x10.gif, according to the Tennessean.

Per Washington’s agent, Brian Overstreet, Washington struck a deal with the Titans today. No terms were immediately available as far as the structure or value of the contract.

The Titans have scheduled a press conference for tonight.

As the Steelers’ third receiver behind Hines Wardmag-glass_10x10.gif and Santonio Holmes, Washington caught a career-high 40 passes for 631 yards and three touchdowns last season

why arent we looking at any Vet receivers ??????

we have enough "good wrs." see if you can find a great FA WR thats worth the money as opposed to drafting one of the many talented WRs with our 1st pick.

washington was on my radar, he has deep speed

the best part of adding a guy like washington is he becomes your 3rd guy, a classic outside deep threat

dang

the best part of adding a guy like washington is he becomes your 3rd guy, a classic outside deep threat

dang

my hope is clowney becomes our #3 threat & exceeds all our expectations

dang

sorry to burst your bubble larz, but we already have that guy in david clowney, we need a big #1 type WR to complement the rest of the unit

sorry to burst your bubble larz, but we already have that guy in david clowney, we need a big #1 type WR to complement the rest of the unit

you think and pray we have that guy

washington was much more polished and established

you think and pray we have that guy

washington was much more polished and established

haha i am praying that clowney is that guy, the few flashes he showed last season including preseason were promising enough to let him have the chance to be that guy for us next season.

nate washington clearly has had more playing time so its tough to compare his nfl resume to clowney.

haha i am praying that clowney is that guy, the few flashes he showed last season including preseason were promising enough to let him have the chance to be that guy for us next season.

nate washington clearly has had more playing time so its tough to compare his nfl resume to clowney.

I like clowney, I really do, but I wanted washington. every addition improves the corp, and at this point, it is the weak link

adding washington would mean we'd have, going into the draft,

Cotch

washington

stuckey

clowney

smith

wright

cleary a glaring need here, but not a terrible group

we have enough "good wrs." see if you can find a great FA WR thats worth the money as opposed to drafting one of the many talented WRs with our 1st pick.

There isn't a Great FA WR. That's the problem. Nor does it sound like any of the teams rumored to trade their star WR plan on actually pulling the trigger.

Leaving only the draft.

They need more than Washington.

IDK, Justin Gage and Nate Washington could be a troublesome duo for Heimerdinger's offense.

If either of the rookies Davis/Hawkins can give them production in year 2 w/ McCraphands. Thats not bad. You definitely have to defend the entire field with the Johnson/White combo running the ball.

There isn't a Great FA WR. That's the problem. Nor does it sound like any of the teams rumored to trade their star WR plan on actually pulling the trigger.

Leaving only the draft.

agreed. enter Darius Heyward-Bey or Hakeem Nicks

Devery Henderson?

The guy has the speed, the agility and the collegiate program (sorry just had to mention LSU) to succeed, but the term "feet for hands" comes to mind. Kidding aside, he really is an older version of the type of player Clowney is, but with bad hands; which is why I think we should roll the dice with Clowney, gotta love his potential.

TITANS LAND WASHINGTON

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 2, 2009, 6:07 p.m.

The Tennessee Titans have reached an agreement with Pittsburgh Steelers free agent wide receiver Nate Washingtonmag-glass_10x10.gif, according to the Tennessean.

why arent we looking at any Vet receivers ??????

Who says we're not ? Just because we haven't signed anyone doesn't mean we're not looking . :P

Archived