Anyone hear what that obnoxious, arrogant prick Schilling said yesterday?

Klecko73isGod

Translation: I have nothing of value to say so I am going to respond to one line of a multi-paragraph post by claiming victory like I'm a four-year-old and hope that EY and Kleck's other buddies who live to bust his balls pile on.

No one's claiming victory, rather, your stubbornness and bull-headed biased against Schilling has awarded that victory to others.

Get over it, he's a Yankee killer, one that's going to the HoF.

Sikh said it best, comparing across era's is difficult and I believe that point has been made to you previously but you chose to ignore it then. The relief pitching game isn't what it is now 40 years ago. 50 years ago you had pitchers pitching off a higher mound, lowering it has arguably made it easier on batters. Bats are better. Players are faster, stronger.

Just clutch onto your "total wins" argument like the final desperate attempt it is. Schilling ain't first ballot. But his #'s warrant his name in the discussion and his #'s and post-season record will eventually get him in.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one's claiming victory, rather, your stubbornness and bull-headed biased against Schilling has awarded that victory to others.

Get over it, he's a Yankee killer, one that's going to the HoF.

Sikh said it best, comparing across era's is difficult and I believe that point has been made to you previously but you chose to ignore it then. The relief pitching game isn't what it is now 40 years ago. 50 years ago you had pitchers pitching off a higher mound, lowering it has arguably made it easier on batters. Bats are better. Players are faster, stronger.

Just clutch onto your "total wins" argument like the final desperate attempt it is. Schilling ain't first ballot. But his #'s warrant his name in the discussion and his #'s and post-season record will eventually get him in.

If you've actually read the thread I am not clinging to any one argument.

The bottom line is whether you think he's a Hall of Famer or not, the writers hatred for him and their ability to argue against his stats and the fact that there are a bunch of more worthy pitchers from his era will keep him out.

Archived