Leonhard Agrees to Terms with Jets

JMJ

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fitting that this would come from a Dolphins fan. I remember this short, insignificant white guy playing slot WR for the Phins and I thought to myself, 'Look at this runt, he's fast and good but he'll never survive the league at that size.' Then the Dolphins stupidly traded him to the Pats and he's now the best slot in the league and was a key piece in a Super Bowl run and was part of a record-breaking offense. Guys like Wes Welker and Zach Thomas should have cured Phins fans of that type of thinking a while back. Welker is like 5'9" on his tip toes.

And how many wes welskers and zach thomas's are in the NFL??? Not to many boss. And Welker has the benefit of playing with one of the better QB's to play the game and one of the greatest WR to play the game. When he had an average QB in Miami he had 1 td.

And how many wes welskers and zach thomas's are in the NFL??? Not to many boss. And Welker has the benefit of playing with one of the better QB's to play the game and one of the greatest WR to play the game.

You like Matt Cassel that much?

U know who i'm talking about. And it does help when Randy is out there. and 3 td's is hardly great yea the man makes a boat load of catches though.

Yeah Matt Cassel the guy who helped Welker catch 100 passes this past season... who else?

Yeah Matt Cassel the guy who helped Welker catch 100 passes this past season... who else?

The odds of Jim Lehnoard having production like a Wes Welker type is probly not happening. he's a little 5'8 dude going into his 5th season and really hasnt done dick and you guys want him as your starting safety??? Do me a favor and never ever bring up Wes Welker and Zach Thomas's name in comparioson with this shorty safety scrub, the guy by all means should be a.....BACKUP! Was that harsh?? lol

The odds of Jim Lehnoard having production like a Wes Welker type is probly not happening. he's a little 5'8 dude going into his 5th season and really hasnt done dick and you guys want him as your starting safety??? Do me a favor and never ever bring up Wes Welker and Zach Thomas's name in comparioson with this shorty safety scrub, the guy by all means should be a.....BACKUP!

Hasnt done dick?

He was a starter on one of the best defenses in the NFL... and called the plays on that defense...

He is 5'8"... but he is not skinny... he is built good... a couple inches means nothing at his position..

FYI the Phins have a handful of guys under 6' in their secondary...

I am very happy they got this done. I loved watching this kid last year in the playoffs. I don't know the terms of the contract and I do hope it wasn't a break the bank kind of deal. But he is a definite upgrade for the Jets. Hopefully the price was right.

The secondary is now set, they can work on depth from this point on. The more moves they make in free agency, the more it looks like WR will be the biggest need going into the draft.

(QB is the biggest need on paper right now -- but I think they will see what the kids are all about).

I am very happy they got this done. I loved watching this kid last year in the playoffs. I don't know the terms of the contract and I do hope it wasn't a break the bank kind of deal. But he is a definite upgrade for the Jets. Hopefully the price was right.

The secondary is now set, they can work on depth from this point on. The more moves they make in free agency, the more it looks like WR will be the biggest need going into the draft.

(QB is the biggest need on paper right now -- but I think they will see what the kids are all about).

Considering none of the QBs in the draft are worth it... yes...

Hasnt done dick?

He was a starter on one of the best defenses in the NFL... and called the plays on that defense...

He is 5'8"... but he is not skinny... he is built good... a couple inches means nothing at his position..

FYI the Phins have a handful of guys under 6' in their secondary...

Yea not 5'8 dude...listen the guy might be alright.....as a BACKUP! dude when i think of the Ravens fierce D the last thign that comes to mind and i mean the absolute last thing i think of is that short scrub safety. I know i'm maybe taking it to far because i hate the jets, but the guy should be a BACKUP! and a KR/PR. So yea, nice move, you add some depth in the secondary as you now have a solid backup in this new signee and he can return kicks and you can get Leon more carriers as he is a playmaker.

Yea not 5'8 dude...listen the guy might be alright.....as a BACKUP! dude when i think of the Ravens fierce D the last thign that comes to mind and i mean the absolute last thing i think of is that short scrub safety. I know i'm maybe taking it to far because i hate the jets, but the guy should be a BACKUP! and a KR/PR

He is better than any safety on your roster.

Awesome news.

Jim Leonhard completes the overhaul of the defense.

We may add a DE somewhere as a backup (Marques Douglas) or a starter (Tyson Jackson from LSU at 17), but other than that and a big, backup NT to Jenkins that we can get in the draft, we're set.

really what the hell did Gibril wilson do last year with Nnamdi Asomugh (best corner in football), Michael Huff, and Chris Johnson covering for his ass.

Wilson led his team in Tackles with a 129 had one more int then that short scrub. More sacks and i think the dude recorded a safety or 2.With lesser talent around him.

Wilson led his team in Tackles with a 129 had one more int then that short scrub. More sacks and i think the dude recorded a safety or 2.With lesser talent around him.

really last i checked, that defense carried the raiders from abysmal to mediocrity. without that D the raiders would have joined the lions going winless

really last i checked, that defense carried the raiders from abysmal to mediocrity. without that D the raiders would have joined the lions going winless

I was comparing the talent on the Ravens to that of the Raiders. And iof thats the case with the Raiders D being their only bright spot i'm happy i got the guy who had the most tackles on their Defense. Anything else.

Lesser talent? He had an entire side of the field shut down... lol

wow its taking an awful long time for a response to who's the better safety. Ok i gotta go my work day is done it was fun mixing it up with you guys today. Solid signing even though i find ways to make the signing look bad :D

Its only fun and friendly criticism. :cheers:

Next Season:

leonhard.jpg

Archived