Leonhard Agrees to Terms with Jets

JMJ

wow its taking an awful long time for a response to who's the better safety. Ok i gotta go my work day is done it was fun mixing it up with you guys today. Solid signing even though i find ways to make the signing look bad :D

Its only fun and friendly criticism. :cheers:

Better is all subjective. You acquired a guy who might have all the physical tools to be a good safety. He will be good for you guys, but it's all a matter as to how he fits in for you guys.

We acquired a guy who will be better then our current option, come into a system he knows very well. He knows it so well in fact that his D-coordinator and now head coach trusted him to call the plays out to his defense and make the necessary adjustments. He and Scott will help implement this system even faster due to their deep knowledge of it and will bring the swagger and attitude along with it.

So like I said, criticize his height, his natural tools, etc. Point is he's good enough for a guy who created and ran a ridiculously good defense. That guy is our head coach and his defense pounded you guys. I'm not saying that it makes us better, I'm saying don't make light of it. The bottom line is does Jim Leonard, with all his on-field and off the field abilities, make the Jets a better defense. That answer is yes.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow its taking an awful long time for a response to who's the better safety. Ok i gotta go my work day is done it was fun mixing it up with you guys today. Solid signing even though i find ways to make the signing look bad :D

Its only fun and friendly criticism. :cheers:

Forget all the other BS conjecture, how about this for you:

FACT: Leonhard is a significantly better player than every other safety on the Jets roster not named Kerry Rhodes. His presence immediately provides a significant improvement in the Jets secondary. Furthermore, he is a personal favorite of the Jets new HC, and is both familiar with and has relayed the play calls for the new defensive scheme the Jets staff will be implementing. Do you dispute any of this? And if not, in what way is this signing anything but a major plus for the Jets?

FACT: Leonhard is a significantly better player than every other safety on the Jets roster not named Kerry Rhodes. His presence immediately provides a significant improvement in the Jets secondary. Furthermore, he is a personal favorite of the Jets new HC, and is both familiar with and has relayed the play calls for the new defensive scheme the Jets staff will be implementing. Do you dispute any of this? And if not, in what way is this signing anything but a major plus for the Jets?

Dont you know logic goes out the window when debating with Dolphag fans.

Basically what I said so I couldn't agree more. Bottom Line: Leonard makes us better. How much is based on who you cheer for.

Well said. If anything I'm hoping he can show Rhodes the ropes and we can utilize Leonard as the blitzing safety and have Rhodes play the "centerfielder" role that Reed plays in Baltimore. Goddamn I hope our defense hurts people next year.

Honestly, I think they're gonna have to switch it up more than just allow one to be one role and vice versa. Also, if I do recall, our defense hurt more players than it ever has in all the years I've watched them. I mean they put a hurtin on some of these teams, but weren't consistent.

dolphann4life has his panties in a knot over this. Why would any non-Jets fan rip this move? Solid pickup for the Jets.

Ok i'm back again for another day of ripping the 5'5 safety you just signed. lol

Listen the guy hasnt been all that productive in his career thats why i don't see why the signing is so big to you guys but on the other hand you got your man who is familiar with Rex's system so it makes sense and therefore is a solid signing. I guess he is an upgraded over what you had. I just don't prefer to have 5'8 safeties. Hows that?

Ok i'm back again for another day of ripping the 5'5 safety you just signed. lol

Listen the guy hasnt been all that productive in his career thats why i don't see why the signing is so big to you guys but on the other hand you got your man who is familiar with Rex's system so it makes sense and therefore is a solid signing. I guess he is an upgraded over what you had. I just don't prefer to have 5'8 safeties. Hows that?

And I don't prefer to have weak-armed, injury-prone, choke-artist, fragile-minded quarterbacks, but you guys seem to love them. To each their own I suppose.

And I don't prefer to have weak-armed, injury-prone, choke-artist, fragile-minded quarterbacks, but you guys seem to love them. To each their own I suppose.

As long as they get me into the playoffs. Last time i checked if you don't make the playoffs you can't go to the Superbowl. So how did your stong minded, gun slingin, laser rocket arm QB work out for ya????

As long as they get me into the playoffs. Last time i checked if you don't make the playoffs you can't go to the Superbowl. So how did your stong minded, gun slingin, laser rocket arm QB work out for ya????

You have the Chad. You can get to the playoffs once every other year and in the playoffs he will choke.

The next year, he will get hurt or be horrible.

Enjoy.

BZ

I'd rather not get in than get embarrassed like you did last year

Bottom line you have to get in to have a shot chief. So we had a 1 in 12 shot to your ZERO...i'll take my odds all day. Whatever lets not turn this into a "Chad is limited and will never win a superbowl" thread. This thread is about the signing of your 5'8 safety who's 3 career INT's. and 60 tackles and 1 sack in 4 years is the icing on the cake to your newly revamped RAVENS D. I heard he's gonna have the green dot on his helmet too!!!! OH BOY!

Last time I checked, unless you have a #1 defense that is only letting teams score like 12 points a game, you ain't getting to the dance with a QB that captains a offense 21st in points. Cause I mean, scoring points is the job of the offense.

I ain't gonna get into a pissing contest with a guy who feigns "I'm here to talk nice". You're here just to pick apart moves and boost your internet ego by acting like a tough guy behind your keyboard.

Chad got you in the PO last year, on a last place schedule and that's great. I'm sure it was a fun season for you guys. Lots of Jet fans have been on that very bus. Next season it'll be interesting to see what you guys can do with a much tougher schedule facing much tougher defenses then you faced last year. Defensive ranks are based on Pts.

Colts: 7

Bucs: 10

Saints: 26 but #1 in offense

Steelers: 1

Titans: 2

Jags: 21

Falcons: 11

Panthers: 12

Chargers: 15

Plus the AFC East which we all know is gonna be VERY competitive. I can use this logic and then say that our defense WILL get better next year based on the fact that our defense wasn't terrible last year and we're going to have a D minded coach who has brought the two center pieces of his D over to us. But you wouldn't listen, you'll just say some broad statement to piss people off. You're no better then a guy who was banned off this board for that reason, you'll ignore the logic and just say like "The jets suck, we won, you lost, nanana poo poo."

Last time I checked, unless you have a #1 defense that is only letting teams score like 12 points a game, you ain't getting to the dance with a QB that captains a offense 21st in points. Cause I mean, scoring points is the job of the offense.

I ain't gonna get into a pissing contest with a guy who feigns "I'm here to talk nice". You're here just to pick apart moves and boost your internet ego by acting like a tough guy behind your keyboard.

Chad got you in the PO last year, on a last place schedule and that's great. I'm sure it was a fun season for you guys. Lots of Jet fans have been on that very bus. Next season it'll be interesting to see what you guys can do with a much tougher schedule facing much tougher defenses then you faced last year. Defensive ranks are based on Pts.

Colts: 7

Bucs: 10

Saints: 26 but #1 in offense

Steelers: 1

Titans: 2

Jags: 21

Falcons: 11

Panthers: 12

Chargers: 15

Plus the AFC East which we all know is gonna be VERY competitive. I can use this logic and then say that our defense WILL get better next year based on the fact that our defense wasn't terrible last year and we're going to have a D minded coach who has brought the two center pieces of his D over to us. But you wouldn't listen, you'll just say some broad statement to piss people off. You're no better then a guy who was banned off this board for that reason, you'll ignore the logic and just say like "The jets suck, we won, you lost, nanana poo poo."

lol internet tough guy. Dude Bart Scott and Jim Lehnerd were hardly the center pieces of the Ravens D. Really??? "nanana poo poo"...i'm that bad????

Bottom line you have to get in to have a shot chief. So we had a 1 in 12 shot to your ZERO...i'll take my odds all day. Whatever lets not turn this into a "Chad is limited and will never win a superbowl" thread. This thread is about the signing of your 5'8 safety who's 3 career INT's. and 60 tackles and 1 sack in 4 years is the icing on the cake to your newly revamped RAVENS D. I heard he's gonna have the green dot on his helmet too!!!! OH BOY!

Hey Zippy

You got in and got bounced

Not only bounced, but embarrassed too

I'd rather not get in....but then again you haven't seen the playoffs in YEARS

lol internet tough guy. Dude Bart Scott and Jim Lehnerd were hardly the center pieces of the Ravens D. Really??? "nanana poo poo"...i'm that bad????

They weren't the only parts of the Ravens D that were available. Yea, Ngata is important but dont' come and tell me that Kris Jenkins is garbage, the guy is gonna have another year at NT in the 3-4, he's a suitable "replacement". Ryan did choose Scott over Lewis didn't he? He recruited Leonard to the Ravens and now over to the Jets. It says something to me that our coach believes in him. Do you trust the moves of your FO? I'm sure you do. If you come on a JETS messageboard to tout that stuff I'm sure you'll have fans that piss on it. But when you come on a JETS messageboard to to piss on things with absolutely nothing but your teams bias then yes, the nanana poo poo is basically the best description of someone like you. There are other people here that cheer for other teams that can objectively talk about things.

No one here is calling Leonard an "all-world" safety. We're saying he's gonna improve us and help out our secondary and over-all defense to understand the new system we're putting in. Especially a guy who's best ability is speed and to cover the field. Football is a sport of compliments, better players make other good players even better.

And you are essentially coming in here and calling him garbage due to his height. A very sophisticated argument.

The one thing dol-fagfor life doesn't see is that now, since Leonhard knows the system alrteady, Rhodes won't have to baby sit in the def. backfield anymore. This frees him to roam the field a bit more, ala Ed Reed, and ballhawk some..And Leonhard is a blitzing safety, something Jrt fans haven't seen much of lately..

The one thing dol-fagfor life doesn't see is that now, since Leonhard knows the system alrteady, Rhodes won't have to baby sit in the def. backfield anymore. This frees him to roam the field a bit more, ala Ed Reed, and ballhawk some..And Leonhard is a blitzing safety, something Jrt fans haven't seen much of lately..

It just makes our D more versatile. That's what Rex's D is, punch them in the mouth and never let the know where that punch is coming from.

They weren't the only parts of the Ravens D that were available. Yea, Ngata is important but dont' come and tell me that Kris Jenkins is garbage, the guy is gonna have another year at NT in the 3-4, he's a suitable "replacement". Ryan did choose Scott over Lewis didn't he? He recruited Leonard to the Ravens and now over to the Jets. It says something to me that our coach believes in him. Do you trust the moves of your FO? I'm sure you do. If you come on a JETS messageboard to tout that stuff I'm sure you'll have fans that piss on it. But when you come on a JETS messageboard to to piss on things with absolutely nothing but your teams bias then yes, the nanana poo poo is basically the best description of someone like you. There are other people here that cheer for other teams that can objectively talk about things.

No one here is calling Leonard an "all-world" safety. We're saying he's gonna improve us and help out our secondary and over-all defense to understand the new system we're putting in. Especially a guy who's best ability is speed and to cover the field. Football is a sport of compliments, better players make other good players even better.

And you are essentially coming in here and calling him garbage due to his height. A very sophisticated argument.

I think the guy is a BACKUP. I'm sure he has been for most of his career. If i'm you guys i like the fact that he can produce on special teams ala K/R P/R duties and let Leon become a intrical part of the offense with he's obvious playmaker ability. Besides that though i don't think he's the answer to filling your SS position but your HC obviously thinks so and thats what counts.Rex is comforatble with him. I've said in numerous post its a SOLID signing nothing more, proivdes depth to your secondary which has improved with the trade of Lito Sheppard. Revis is an absolute stud, we know that and the kid Lowery i thought played well for the most part. Also had someone on here tell me that Lehnerd is better than any safety the FINS got and i told him he's a complete idiot if he thinks so.

Archived