Leonhard Agrees to Terms with Jets

JMJ

I think the guy is a BACKUP. I'm sure he has been for most of his career. If i'm you guys i like the fact that he can produce on special teams ala K/R P/R duties and let Leon become a intrical part of the offense with he's obvious playmaker ability. Besides that though i don't think he's the answer to filling your SS position but your HC obviously thinks so and thats what counts.Rex is comforatble with him. I've said in numerous post its a SOLID signing nothing more, proivdes depth to your secondary which has improved with the trade of Lito Sheppard. Revis is an absolute stud, we know that and the kid Lowery i thought played well for the most part. Also had someone on here tell me that Lehnerd is better than any safety the FINS got and i told him he's a complete idiot if he thinks so.

If that guy thinks he's better then Bell then yea, he is a moron. Hill and Leonard are comparable, Hill's is better but by how much is arguable. He has 9 more total tackles then Leonard over the course of the season and 2 more picks, but none for a pick 6, Leonards was one. Fighting over those #'s is silly, to me it's about tackles because Leonard isn't played as a "coverage safety" he's there to come up and stop runs and support on the short pass. As for your argument that he's a back up his #'s speak other wise. He produces when he's in there.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as they get me into the playoffs. Last time i checked if you don't make the playoffs you can't go to the Superbowl. So how did your stong minded, gun slingin, laser rocket arm QB work out for ya????

Well if its all about the playoffs, last time I checked in the playoffs our 5'8 safety picked off your little buddy and went all the way to the AFC Championship.

If that guy thinks he's better then Bell then yea, he is a moron. Hill and Leonard are comparable, Hill's is better but by how much is arguable. He has 9 more total tackles then Leonard over the course of the season and 2 more picks, but none for a pick 6, Leonards was one. Fighting over those #'s is silly, to me it's about tackles because Leonard isn't played as a "coverage safety" he's there to come up and stop runs and support on the short pass. As for your argument that he's a back up his #'s speak other wise. He produces when he's in there.

Hill is no longer on our squad he has been replaced with Gibril Wilson

Jim Leonhard's three-year deal with the Jets is worth $6 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus.

Leonhard is expected to start, but this is third safety money. Still, if Leonhard's smallish build doesn't hold up in 2009, the Jets could put him in a backup/special teams role and not be overpaying. Good deal for New York.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_jets_leonhard_goes_fr.html

Jim Leonhard's three-year deal with the Jets is worth $6 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus.

Leonhard is expected to start, but this is third safety money. Still, if Leonhard's smallish build doesn't hold up in 2009, the Jets could put him in a backup/special teams role and not be overpaying. Good deal for New York.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_jets_leonhard_goes_fr.html

Thats a very good deal for the Jets.

Not shown are the details that in signing with the Jets he gets his own personal slave to run his errands. Rumors out of the Jets camp is that Eric Smith would fill this role, although there is some concern of randomly falling down.

I'm not so sure about that, I think the Jets are going to be forced to lose Smith entirely. They are definitely over their white safety quota. I think the NFL has strict rules about these sort of things.

I'm not so sure about that, I think the Jets are going to be forced to lose Smith entirely. They are definitely over their white safety quota. I think the NFL has strict rules about these sort of things.

But they can't give him a black slave. That'd be bad.

:shutit:

Archived