Warner will take less money in Arizona to keep Boldin

914-ny

:confused: this confuses me.. so he cant be a good quaterback without boldin?

Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Kurt Warner, San Francisco 49ers

Kurt Warner might be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, but his negotiating skills probably need some work.

Warner took a trip to San Francisco on Monday, but his agent told the Arizona Republic that while the QB enjoyed his visit with the 49ers, he wants to remain with the Arizona Cardinals. For less money:

So Mark Bartelstein made another contract proposal to the Cardinals on Tuesday. The 2-year, $23 million proposal includes $12 million in guarantees and is less than what the 49ers were offering, Bartelstein said.

Warner also instructed Bartelstein to tell the Cardinals that he would give up $1 million in each year of the deal if the team re-signed receiver Anquan Boldin.

Yeah, I think it's just a player trying to do the right thing so his WR gets taken care of as well, which in turn makes Warner much more likely to get back to the Super Bowl.

Exactly.

The guy knows that THE TEAM will be much better with Boldin then without him and that THE TEAM has a much better chance of winning a Super Bowl with Boldin then without him.

Some silly comments made by the OP.

Yeah, I think it's just a player trying to do the right thing so his WR gets taken care of as well, which in turn makes Warner much more likely to get back to the Super Bowl.

Yep. I was confused by the tone of the original post as I couldn't find anything wrong with what Warner was doing. If Kurt is going to play for 2 more years why wouldn't he want to throw the ball to Boldin, Fitz and Breaston? Makes perfect sense for him to take a little less money to keep that group of receivers together.

Yep. I was confused by the tone of the original post as I couldn't find anything wrong with what Warner was doing. If Kurt is going to play for 2 more years why wouldn't he want to throw the ball to Boldin, Fitz and Breaston? Makes perfect sense for him to take a little less money to keep that group of receivers together.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Warner's doing but I just find this strange.

He's been going around saying he wants to get paid 14-16 million, goes out of his way to go to San Fran to talk with the Niners, who make an offer in the range that he was looking for and now he goes back to the Cardinals and asks for less?

Something just seems off here. Maybe Warner's agent was the one looking for the megadeal and Warner is finally taking over the process.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Warner's doing but I just find this strange.

He's been going around saying he wants to get paid 14-16 million, goes out of his way to go to San Fran to talk with the Niners, who make an offer in the range that he was looking for and now he goes back to the Cardinals and asks for less?

Something just seems off here. Maybe Warner's agent was the one looking for the megadeal and Warner is finally taking over the process.

Why is this strange? Its the work of god!

It doesn't make much sense. They have plenty of cap space & their division still sucks.

Actually it makes perfect sense when you consider that this is the Bidwells we're talking about.

They made to the SB, in their minds, that buys them 60+ years until their team has to do something again.

Actually it makes perfect sense when you consider that this is the Bidwells we're talking about.

They made to the SB, in their minds, that buys them 60+ years until their team has to do something again.

I thought this was a franchise we were supposed to model ourselves after.

I'm actually really surprised that the Jets haven't jumped into the bidding war for him. He'd be a great QB for a couple years while they groom one of the two young guys to start when he retires.

According to whom? Nutso McCrackhead?

I resemble that remark.

Gotta love a team leader who who stands as an example for the rest. Loyal to a fault? maybe. But willing to take less money for a bigger cause that will ensure he can be proud of himself when he finally hangs up the cleats.

Had a good team with a legit chance at winning a SB if they improved their QB situation came calling Kurt might have taken the 14-16 mil. I guess winning is more important to him than just money.

Cardinals agreed to terms with QB Kurt Warner on a two-year, $23 million contract. The deal includes a $15 million signing bonus.

Never a doubt. The Cards slightly tweaked Warner's latest reduced offer and will pay him $19M in 2009. The move was necessary for Arizona, yet still a risk considering Warner's age. Warner, who threw for 30 touchdown passes and 4,582 yards last season, plays with the top trio of wideouts in football and fits the system perfectly, so he should remain highly productive as long as he's healthy. Matt Leinart could become a trade candidate now. Mar. 4 - 1:51 pm et

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/47623

Archived