The Recession Has Hit JetNation

Maxman

Times are tough. Nobody wants to be in this situation but the reality is we all have to make sacrifices. I regret to inform you that 30% of the moderator staff has to be let go. We can no longer afford their salary and fringe benefits. It is also with deep regret that I tell you 20% of the posters here will have to go as well.

We are going to phase this in. You will soon receive a packet in the mail offering you several options:

• Early retirement (for any poster with more than 10 years of internet service. You will be paid one week's vcash for every posting year)
  • Job sharing (we can combine accounts and make for more efficient posting. For example Madmike could be combined with CrashingJet and they can just argue in a more fiscally conservative manner which would utilize less resources).
  • Flex time\part time posting. (We are a victim of our own success here, so by streamlining our hours of operation we can serve you better. During the off-season we will be closed on Sundays starting in May).

I ask you to consider these options carefully before deciding which one you take. Hopefully we can reduce headcount through these voluntary actions and just move forward as a site. Otherwise, there will be poster layoffs.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hopefully things bounce back in 2010 and we can let everyone post here at will again. Until such time, kindly (and quietly) go screw yourself.

Warmest Regards,

JetNation.com (the site that will care again in 2010)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Times are tough. Nobody wants to be in this situation but the reality is we all have to make sacrifices. I regret to inform you that 30% of the moderator staff has to be let go. We can no longer afford their salary and fringe benefits. It is also with deep regret that I tell you 20% of the posters here will have to go as well.

We are going to phase this in. You will soon receive a packet in the mail offering you several options:

• Early retirement (for any poster with more than 10 years of internet service. You will be paid one week's vcash for every posting year)
  • Job sharing (we can combine accounts and make for more efficient posting. For example Madmike could be combined with CrashingJet and they can just argue in a more fiscally conservative manner which would utilize less resources).
  • Flex time\part time posting. (We are a victim of our own success here, so by streamlining our hours of operation we can serve you better. During the off-season we will be closed on Sundays starting in May).

I ask you to consider these options carefully before deciding which one you take. Hopefully we can reduce headcount through these voluntary actions and just move forward as a site. Otherwise, there will be poster layoffs.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hopefully things bounce back in 2010 and we can let everyone post here at will again. Until such time, kindly (and quietly) go screw yourself.

Warmest Regards,

lol POTW nom.

For the continuing solvency of the site, I will take a lump sum "cash out" and leave immediately. Let me know when you are ready to cable my off shore account, Max.

I am prepared to offer you 50,000 in vcash which is more than you are entitled to. Since you won two awards this year I can make the higher offer.

You do have to sign a non-compete though.

why don't you just merge the lounge & football into 1 forum? wouldn't that save a bunch?

:rl::rl::rl:

I am sorry to laugh at a time when there is so much sadness. But that is a terrible idea. I think it is so far fetched and would say that no self respecting football site would ever consider an idea like that.

You are now formally withdrawn from consideration for a buyout. And you have been added to the list of posters that will be laid off.

We thank you for your service. Kindly clean out your desk and say your goodbyes.

I am prepared to offer you 50,000 in vcash which is more than you are entitled to. Since you won two awards this year I can make the higher offer.

You do have to sign a non-compete though.

Would that preclude my anticipated joining of AsianNation?

:rl::rl::rl:

I am sorry to laugh at a time when there is so much sadness. But that is a terrible idea. I think it is so far fetched and would say that no self respecting football site would ever consider an idea like that.

You are now formally withdrawn from consideration for a buyout. And you have been added to the list of posters that will be laid off.

We thank you for your service. Kindly clean out your desk and say your goodbyes.

You could always verbally threaten posters via PM.

:rl:

Great thread..

This is no BS. A friend of mine was in company close to 40 years and was ready for fretirement, but wanted to get laid off so he could get the 6 months pay.

He tried ebverything at end to get fired.

I remember him walking into meetings he wasnt supposed to be at and just sitting there, he would call people by thier wrong name, would sing at his desk et cetc..

finally he said hell with i tand retired ..about 6 montsh later his area had a resource action and asked for volunteers..haha..

I think JN should apply for a couple million of stimulus funds.

• People who work at NYC banks are often Jets fans.
  • Their morale is low, America doesn't like them and the Jets aren't doing well.
  • A morale boost, like a good website, could help their morale and performance.
  • Helping them, helps the banks.
  • Making JN bigger creates jobs.

As the proposed JN Earmark Lobbyist, my fee is 10% of revenue brought in.

:rl:

Great thread..

This is no BS. A friend of mine was in company close to 40 years and was ready for fretirement, but wanted to get laid off so he could get the 6 months pay.

He tried ebverything at end to get fired.

I remember him walking into meetings he wasnt supposed to be at and just sitting there, he would call people by thier wrong name, would sing at his desk et cetc..

finally he said hell with i tand retired ..about 6 montsh later his area had a resource action and asked for volunteers..haha..

He should've just had you type up his TPS reports.

Warmest Regards,

Could you please poorly analogize this to Hurricane Katrina?

Could you please poorly analogize this to Hurricane Katrina?

First we have to be given mandatory evacuation orders, then blatantly disregard them because the rules don't apply to us.

Then, we will hide out in a very large sporting structure with countless other idiots that ignored orders and once the storm passes, we will blame elected leaders for the fact that we didn't evacuate.

First we have to be given mandatory evacuation orders, then blatantly disregard them because the rules don't apply to us.

Then, we will hide out in a very large sporting structure with countless other idiots that ignored orders and once the storm passes, we will blame elected leaders for the fact that we didn't evacuate.

Now I feel good.

Warmest Regards,

lol, is this some kind of psych op against the other site? Another "great new idea" ready to be appropriated by others?

Max I haven't been here that long, but do appreciate the sight for the short time I was here. I understand this is something you have to do and wish you well. I will be posting at walmartgreeter.com if anyone would like to stop by for a hello and a smiley face.

You all suck

The Crusher

Would that preclude my anticipated joining of AsianNation?

lol, nah, I would say once you leave here the "asian fetish pervert" poster count here would go to zero, so max wouldn't be competing in the space for "innocent schoolgirl looking asian upskirt and crotch shot voyuors."

max, why not just put a vending machine on every floor? crusher alone could keep this place afloat if you sold him vquarters for the machines

Slim Jims tobasco flavored and those little teeth brushing kits like hotels have would make any vending machine appealing to me.

i'm ready to retire

i will take any buyout... specially if it means unlimited use of glory hole.

Judging by my golf game..my game has taken an early retirement..now i

know what it feels to play like SJ.. a freaking 91 today

maybe checkers is in my cards

I'm touched that you thought of me Max... But I can't work with Madmike, all he does is talk about how "lifelike" his blowup dolls are and how I need to get one and how the boils on his back are getting worse. It's quite annoying and I won't be able to partake.

Team me up with the Babe, we can do a joint UCF thread :xxx:

lol, is this some kind of psych op against the other site? Another "great new idea" ready to be appropriated by others?

Sure, if someone wants to steal this idea, it is all theirs. I am fine with that. :-P

Joe I do want to talk to you though. I have to be honest, you are on the bubble. Let's sit down and talk about your future. You have potential, I think we can work something out. Specifically I think, even if you go, your girls should all stay.

But we can discuss that in further detail.

Archived