ACC Tournament...

uart

When I initially heard that the ACC Tournament wasn't sold out, I had just assumed that they were holding the thing in Greensboro, NC or somesuch...

Then I heard on the radio today that it was down here in the Georgia Dome.

Questions:

1) How is the "best conference" tournament not sold out?

2) Should I buy tickets?

2b) If I buy tickets, how much of a d-bag should I be?

I just checked Ticketmaster and they are only allowing you to buy a pack of tickets for all 11 games for $363. I thought that they would sell seats by session.

Is Atlanta an ACC town? I know Georgia Tech is there, but when I think about Atlanta I think SEC. Maybe that's why there are tickets available. Also the economy is affecting demand for such events.

I'm an ACC fan so I would buy the tickets if I had the money. Probably sell a few off.

I just checked Ticketmaster and they are only allowing you to buy a pack of tickets for all 11 games for $363. I thought that they would sell seats by session.

That's PROB. why they didn't sell out...

Is Atlanta an ACC town? I know Georgia Tech is there, but when I think about Atlanta I think SEC. Maybe that's why there are tickets available. Also the economy is affecting demand for such events.

Well, here in ATL we have Georgia Tech (ACC) and Georgia State (CAA)... that's pretty much it for Division 1, I think. There are a decent number of UGA fans since Athens is pretty close, but I would guess that Atlanta is slightly more of an ACC town because of Georgia Tech. Even so, ATL is a major airline hub, and you'd think fans would fly in for the tournament.

When I initially heard that the ACC Tournament wasn't sold out, I had just assumed that they were holding the thing in Greensboro, NC or somesuch...

Then I heard on the radio today that it was down here in the Georgia Dome.

Questions:

1) How is the "best conference" tournament not sold out?

2) Should I buy tickets?

2b) If I buy tickets, how much of a d-bag should I be?

It's about the economy and the fact it's being held in a DOME. This is the first time since 1966 that ACC Tourney tickets will go on sale to the public.

Go ahead and buy tickets, you'll be sitting in the nosebleeds in a dome watchin the best conf tourney there is.

The Big East is sold out... ;-)

I bet the BE Tourney hasn't been sold out to the public since they began in '79 and it's alot easier when you have 6,000 teams playing in a 19,000 seat Arena rather than in a Dome although they have played it int he Georgia Dome before. This is ALL about the economy.

LOL!! I needed a laugh today!

I'm glad you could laugh at your over-rated conference, glad I could help.

The ACC is basically the Arena League (with one powerhouse team in NC) compared to the Big East (NFL).

The ACC is basically the Arena League (with one powerhouse team in NC) compared to the Big East (NFL).

Isn't it amazing that since 1990 the Arena league has sent 19 teams to the Final Four while the NFL has sent just 5? if the ACC has one powerhouse I guess the BE has none? We hear the same nonsense about the BE EVERY YEAR and every year they disappoint in the Tourney. I can't wait to har the excuses when it happens again.

Isn't it amazing that since 1990 the Arena league has sent 19 teams to the Final Four while the NFL has sent just 5? if the ACC has one powerhouse I guess the BE has none? We hear the same nonsense about the BE EVERY YEAR and every year they disappoint in the Tourney. I can't wait to har the excuses when it happens again.

u know i like ya 124,,but he is right..BE flops every year in big dance..they get more teams in due to 16 team conf and better records..but u cant argue that BE has failed miserably as a conf in NCAAs...

will they do better this year? who knows,,but they have placed more teams in all the time, only to have horrid showings as a conf as opposed to other conferences..

its no coincidense that ACC is usually rated higher as conf than BE (this year the same) , and BE will place more teams in, and if history repeats itself, BE will have a much worse showing than ACC..

but u never know,,this year could be differenct, i like the BE chances this year, and the BE may actually do well in NCAAs as a conf.

Lawson Named ACC Player of the Year

650766.jpg

By UNC Athletics Comm.

Posted Mar 10, 2009

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- University of North Carolina junior Ty Lawson is the 2009 Atlantic Coast Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Year, only the second point guard in ACC history to win the award and the first since UNC's Phil Ford in 1978.

The Clinton, Md., native is the 12th Tar Heel to win ACC Player of the Year honors and the 13th selection overall for Carolina. It marks the fourth UNC recipient in the last 12 years and second in as many seasons. Teammate Tyler Hansbrough won the award in 2008.

The 2009 ACC Tournament quarterfinal will mark the first time in ACC history that two teammates who have won ACC Player of the Year honors are on the floor at the same time. Hansbrough and Lawson mark the first time the Tar Heels have won ACC Player of the Year honors in consecutive seasons since Larry Miller won in 1967 and 1968. Lennie Rosenbluth and Pete Brennan won in 1957 and 1958, respectively.

Lawson leads the ACC in assists (6.5), assist-error ratio (3.32 to 1), three-point field goal percentage (.467), and tied for first in steals (2.10), is fourth in field goal percentage (.538) and 12th in scoring (15.9 ppg). He is third nationally in assist-error and eighth in assists per game. Lawson scored in double figures in 23 of the last 25 games and has eight 20-point games.

A finalist for the Bob Cousy Award as the top collegiate point guard, Lawson's assist-error ratio is the third-best in ACC single-season history. He has 196 assists and only 59 turnovers and has committed one or fewer turnovers 12 times and two or fewer in 21 of 30 games.

Lawson is averaging 15.9 points and shooting 53.8 percent from the floor, 46.7 percent from three-point range and 80.9 percent from the free throw line. He has the same number of steals (59) and turnovers.

u know i like ya 124,,but he is right..BE flops every year in big dance..they get more teams in due to 16 team conf and better records..but u cant argue that BE has failed miserably as a conf in NCAAs...

will they do better this year? who knows,,but they have placed more teams in all the time, only to have horrid showings as a conf as opposed to other conferences..

its no coincidense that ACC is usually rated higher as conf than BE (this year the same) , and BE will place more teams in, and if history repeats itself, BE will have a much worse showing than ACC..

but u never know,,this year could be differenct, i like the BE chances this year, and the BE may actually do well in NCAAs as a conf.

The last time the BE had 2 #1 seeds(2006) they didn't get a team to the Final Four, w/o looking it up has that ever happened where a conf had 2 1's and didn't produce at least 1 FF team?

Archived