Coles Signs with Cincy

Thai Jet

Local (Buffalo) NBC station WGRZ is reporting that Coles has signed a 4 yr. / $28 mil. offer with the Bengels. The station was critical of the Bills for not overpaying Coles. They feet he was perfect opposite Lee Evans.

4 years, $28 million for Laveranues Coles?

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

The big question is how much is guaranteed. I suspect not a large amount. At his age, knowing he has already lost a couple of steps, and his concussion history, that would be a mistake.

The big question is how much is guaranteed. I suspect not a big amount. At his age, knowing he has already lost a couple of steps, and his concussion history, that would be a mistake.

You've got to think its in the neighborhood of $10-13 million.

You've got to think its in the neighborhood of $10-13 million.

That is what you would normally expect for that size of a contract, but I have a feeling it was a little lower. If it was close to $13 million, they are making a big mistake.

Good deal for all parties. Much better than I thought Coles was gonna do once he was dangling... But he could potentially have his best season as a pro working with Palmer and Ocho Cinco.

LC gets the last laugh....we lose one of our guys again

If getting the last laugh means 4 years, $28 million for a 32 year old with concussion problems, sure, he got the last laugh.

If getting the last laugh means he'll be on a team who won't be better than .500 with the Steelers & Ravens in the division -- he'll be a loser until he retires, sure, he got the last laugh.

WE surely don't overpay our free agents

Coles was important to this team....sorry to see him go

He was important, you're right, before he started getting concussion problems in 2007.

He's done. He's a #2 at this point. The Jets do not need him with young talent and a soon to be 17th or 52nd overall pick on the roster.

according to sny the bengals are not confirming this

could it just be a rumor?

I heard it here in Buffalo at 6:30 pm 128 since the Bills wanted Coles. I'm watching the NFLN right now and they are not mentioning Coles at all. ??

I would've liked to have him reunite with Chad, but oh well. I don't think we really need a receiver all that badly; although I'd love Hakeem Nicks at pick 25.

I think this is a good signing for the Bengals; he could be a good crutch for Carson Palmer.

I think it's a nice pickup by the Bengals. They already have a couple of taller guys to go up and get the ball and a smaller type with Antonio Chatman. What they needed was stability. Coles is pretty consistent and he isn't going to get suspended like Henry. I think he'll do well there and maybe Palmer will have a bounce back year. I don't know the contract terms, so I'll hold my speech about value/overpaid.

124, you would avoid a team because they are in a tough division? I'm sick of this bull**** that FAs should only sign with alleged super bowl contenders. What a bunch of pussies! I'd bet you insulted anybody that signed with the Cards last year. How about you go somewhere and try to win and don't just latch on with the Pats?

Archived