Josh Freeman - QB/Kansas St

shutout

I was driving home from work tonight and heard this guy being interviewed. In the interview he said that the Jets were "first and foremost" the group he felt he hit it off best with at the combine, followed by St. Louis and Tampa Bay.

He seemed to be pretty well put together mentally, plus he's a 6'6, 250lb qb. I've never seen him play, but I've seen several mocks with him in the first round, either to TB @ 19, Lions @ 20 (in the few that have them taking a LT rather than Stafford), or Minnesota @ 22.

Draftniks, is this a guy we should be considering at 17? Can he step in and manage this offense ala Flacco?

I was driving home from work tonight and heard this guy being interviewed. In the interview he said that the Jets were "first and foremost" the group he felt he hit it off best with at the combine, followed by St. Louis and Tampa Bay.

He seemed to be pretty well put together mentally, plus he's a 6'6, 250lb qb. I've never seen him play, but I've seen several mocks with him in the first round, either to TB @ 19, Lions @ 20 (in the few that have them taking a LT rather than Stafford), or Minnesota @ 22.

Draftniks, is this a guy we should be considering at 17? Can he step in and manage this offense ala Flacco?

I don't like the idea of taking a QB with our first rounder unless Stafford, by some dumb-ass luck, falls to us, however he is a good prospect. I think he's a better prospect than Flacco. He's got better size, better athleticism, a stronger arm (although flacco's got a cannon as well) and has the experience (roughly a 3 year starter) in a prostyle offense and is comfortable playing under center. That having been said, there are those who think he's still very raw, although possessing all the physical abilities to succeed, and will need a lot of work.

I say pass, because I personally wanna ride or die with the guys we have now and just surround them with some more offensive weapons to succeed.

if you want to know about Josh Freeman, check his tape against Kansas. Biggest game of the year for them, every year, i think he's thrown 9 INT career against Kansas. He's extremely hot and cold. Not a first rounder on my board. I know some disagree, he's just risky.

Archived