Torry Holt asks for release

BroadwayJ667

is mangini making the personell decisions around there? shouldn't that decision be up to the gm?

They hired the GM he told them to get. The Browns are terrible organization.

But as for Holt here... no thanks.

We already have Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney locks to make the team.

Smith can get cut, Marcus Henry could make the team. Add in a first round pick and its a pretty full WR corps already. Especially if you want Clowney to get chances to play.

I say get Holt! He is a perfect replacement for that malcontent Coles. And, It certainly has to be in our favor that our new WR coach, Henry Ellard was Holt's receiver's coach with the Rams for the past 7 seasons.

• Upvote 1

I say get Holt! He is a perfect replacement for that malcontent Coles. And, It certainly has to be in our favor that our new WR coach, Henry Ellard was Holt's receiver's coach with the Rams for the past 7 seasons.

That is a very good point.

I would be surpised if Ellard was putting that bug in Rex's ear.

They hired the GM he told them to get. The Browns are terrible organization.

But as for Holt here... no thanks.

We already have Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney locks to make the team.

Smith can get cut, Marcus Henry could make the team. Add in a first round pick and its a pretty full WR corps already. Especially if you want Clowney to get chances to play.

yeah they're terrible. i mean what did mangini do to warrant the kind of idealization that the browns had for him. they jumped to sign him like there was gonna be a mad run for his services.....and before they even had a gm. then they let him pick the gm? what a joke. it sucks to be a jets fan in many ways.... but it must really suck to be a browns fan.

What you should be asking is ,The JETS WOULDN`T pay 7M for Coles what makes you think they would spend 7M on Holt?

Because Coles isn't anywhere near the level that Holt is. They are both on the downside of their careers but Holt is by far better than Coles, is less of a locker room disruption than Coles, and is less likely to be sipping dinner through a straw after his next big hit.

• Upvote 1

What you should be asking is ,The JETS WOULDN`T pay 7M for Coles what makes you think they would spend 7M on Holt?

Well Holt is 3X the receiver that Coles is... that's why.. but I don't think either is worth 7M per.

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!

actually it could be a good move-I don't want to give Mangina any of our high draft pix for Braylon Edwards, unless Cleveland decides they need Mangina favorites like BT or Brad Smith and also send along a 4th rounder in a package deal or something like that-he's NOT worth a 1st or 2nd rounder IMO

TO ain't happening from reports so Holt COULD be a good fit opposite Cotchery in case the Clowney experiment fails

Holt's 2008 stats

64 REC 796 YDS 12.4 AVG 3 TDS

not bad for an "old" man

Coles' 2008...

70 REC 850 yards 12.1 Avg and 7 TDs

pretty comparable

Not to mention, one had Brett Favre throwing to him and the other had Mark Bulger and Co. getting him the ball.

Plus, our offense was twice as potent. Holt has a solid year considering...

Not to mention, one had Brett Favre throwing to him and the other had Mark Bulger and Co. getting him the ball.

I have a "friend" who told me he thinks the Jets will SIGN THIS BEAST!!!

It's not like Holt never had success with Bulger. He spent the majority of his career with him. Holt just doesn't have the speed to be dangerous anymore.

It's not like Holt never had success with Bulger. He spent the majority of his career with him. Holt just doesn't have the speed to be dangerous anymore.

speedy or not, I for one am not real comfortable about trusting our #2 starting WR slot to either Stuckey or Clowney, two guys who have both missed a full season the last 2 years (OK Clowney came back for a catch in December). We NEED a proven veteran WR opposite Cotchery

speedy or not, I for one am not real comfortable about trusting our #2 starting WR slot to either Stuckey or Clowney, two guys who have both missed a full season the last 2 years (OK Clowney came back for a catch in December). We NEED a proven veteran WR opposite Cotchery

How do veterans become proven? By getting a shot. I'd rather give a young guy a shot than sign an aging receiver that has clearly lost a step. Have we learned nothing from Curtis Conway?