Cowboys release TO

Columbia Jet Fan

I won't lie I wouldn't mind TO at all. The bad you hear about TO is mostly about his mouth and being a distraction... Well the good you hear about him is that he goes 100% all day every day. He wants to win desperately and is a fierce competitor.

Clemmons can throw the deep ball so no comparison to Jeff Garcia will be made here. For any comparison to Donovan McNabb and that situation I'll point out when TO was there that was the only time Philly ever made the Superbowl under Andy Reid, and for the whole Dallas situation he was upset he wasn't the number 1 option in the passing game... we wouldn't have that issue if he came he would clearly be the #1 goto guy in the pass game.

On a completely different note and as a Yankee fan I would embrace TO coming to the JEts so he could take the heat off of A-Rod a little bit. We need another lightning rod around here now that Favre is gone.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing TO might be the greatest moment in the history of this team.

Almost as close to getting to the SB.

Sign him immediately!!!

Really? My question is... Would he hinder or devour our young QB, or will his ability to go up after the ball help whomever is QBing to succeed. Concerns would be his case of the dropsies and his attention whoring. Also, does Woody want this guy as the face of the franchise?

I wonder what the chances are he actually comes here? Or why the Jets were brought up in the first place....

A couple reasons....

1.) Coles just signed with Cincy, and the Jets' WR's were a pretty thin group before he was let go.

2.) Tannenbaum's had no trouble going after the biggest fish in free agency the last couple years.

3.) PSL's baby!

Yeah, let's go get him! He'll be much more fun than Brett Favre.

Look, we need a WR-TO is the best guy out there and regardless of all the other bullcrap that comes along with having this guy the plain truth of it is he can play football-I wish we'd get him. I fear him being on the Pats and us sitting here-like we did when they got Moss...

So let's see...

David Clowney?

Chansi Stuckey?

Brad Smith?

Wallace Wright?

Marcus Henry?

or Terrel Owens...

Really? My question is... Would he hinder or devour our young QB, or will his ability to go up after the ball help whomever is QBing to succeed. Concerns would be his case of the dropsies and his attention whoring. Also, does Woody want this guy as the face of the franchise?

All T.O. wants is to win.

When you look at the Romo situation, TO helped him. Plain and simple. Romo knew he could rely on TO to get open. He was a complete game changer for him and Romo targeted him often.

Both of our guys have big arms and could get TO the ball.

The only concern I have is...would it be in the best interest of a rookie HC to have a guy like TO on board?

I'm not crazy for the guy but I'd take him. The fact of the matter is he'd be a huge upgrade over anything we currently have and would give us a consistent offensive playmaker. He has problems, no doubt about it but I think the risk would be worth the reward.

BTW Steve Smith wouldnt punch him in the face due to the fact that steve smith only picks on guys 5ft 10 and less...LOL

Dwayne Jarrett is 6'4" and Smith picked on him.

Do you remember how Eli handled Shockey?

TO is Shockey times 1000, I agree they are in need of a receiver but they already signed enough hooligans.

Exactly. More like how Shockey handled Eli.

Oh god. 0% chance of this happening, but could we fit under the cap enough to bring Favre back AND sign Owens? I'm not saying its a good idea, just picturing how funny it would look.

Between the new and improved defense and the god only knows what, circus style, all hell has broken loose offense... the Jets would be the most INTERESTING team to watch in the NFL.

It would be a good way to make sure that Brian Schottenheimer is NOT our OC in 2010.

I don't care about his attitude, I want to win!

Win what?

TO hasn't won anything in his life. Now, he's 35, drops too many passes for his talent level, and is a bona fide locker room cancer.

So explain, win what?

Exactly.

But hey, maybe we could get the Jets on HBO's Hard Knocks. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody told Tannenbaum to persue him just because of the whole media attention and jersey sales. Heck, that is exactly why he got Brett Favre.

But honestly, please no. I like watching Owens from afar, not on my own team.

From the guy who wants Mike Vick?

No thanks to TO.

The guy tore apart the locker room in SF, Philly, and Dallas. He's an aging player who has never been able to get along with any of his QB's. He was just released by his team despite a $9 million cap hit in dead money.

Who cares if he's a "competitor" and "all he wants to do is win?" The man is a proven cancer who rips apart team chemistry everywhere he goes. Three teams couldn't wait to get rid of him, and now people want him here? TO is a great player on paper, in the real world he rots teams from the inside out.

Lets make sure the new coach and new members of the staff spend an inordinate amount of time ensuring this Psychology Today case study has enough peanut butter on his sandwich for lunch. Fu<k that idiot - keep him as far away from here as possible.

Say what you want about T.O. but NOBODY in the NFL plays harder on Sundays then T.O.

The guy give 100% effort on every play, is still a DOMINANT WR, blocks downfield on both running and passing plays, etc.

I'd love to sign him for 3 years. I know many will say "pass," and "cancer," etc. But T.O. can play on my football team.

+1

Jeff Garcia was too gay, Donovan McNabb was too fat, and Tony Romo was a backstabber. I wonder what he'd eventually label Ratliff or Clemens as.

Our best bet to get him would be if he hasn't read the papers in a while and thinks Favre is still here.

To me, Jacksonville and Tampa seem like very logical landing spots.

The Jaguars have needed a receiver since Jimmy Smith retired, and Del Rio's ass is on fire. Might as well go down swinging. As for Tampa, I could definitely see Owens embracing Raheem Morris. Winslow/Ward/Graham/Bryant/Owens would give them some great offensive weapons.

My original thought was Washington, because it's just the Redskin thing to do. It makes sense as well, as they need a non-smurf receiver and Kelly and Thomas did nothing as rookies.

To me, Jacksonville and Tampa seem like very logical landing spots.

The Jaguars have needed a receiver since Jimmy Smith retired, and Del Rio's ass is on fire. Might as well go down swinging. As for Tampa, I could definitely see Owens embracing Raheem Morris. Winslow/Ward/Graham/Bryant/Owens would give them some great offensive weapons.

My original thought was Washington, because it's just the Redskin thing to do. It makes sense as well, as they need a non-smurf receiver and Kelly and Thomas did nothing as rookies.

My thoughts were that only Oakland would put up with this cancer.