Have The Patriots Moved On From Maroney?

SoFlaJets

Rex was the D Coordinator for the Ravens from 2005-2008. The Ravens made the playoffs twice in that span and have nothing to show for it. The Ravens downfall in those playoff years was a lack of offense.

If you believe that adequate QB play is going to win the Jets a Super Bowl then you are delusional.

It's worked before, see: Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Stan Humphries, Neil O'Donnell, Chris Chandler, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

It's not being delusional. Certainly it's much easier with a great QB, but teams have gotten by in the past and will continue to do so with adequate quarterbacking.

The Ravens lost the AFC Championship game last year because they couldn't score. This has nothing to do with "gunslingers."

It is possible to do anything as there have been over 40 Super Bowls but if you look at this decade you will see that Brady, good Manning & Big Ben have won 6 Super Bowls this decade.

The others? Brad Johnson & Eli Manning.

How do you reconcile the "it is possible to do anything because there have been so many Super Bowls" with the fact that you consider Jets fans delusional if they think they can get by with adequate quarterbacking. All we'd be doing is repeating history as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think Maroney's a bust, he's got talent, he's got injury problems, much different than a bust. You have busts and other guys:

The guys that were supposed to be good and sucked, like Ryan Leaf or Blair Thomas.

The guys that we NEVER got a chance to see because they started out hurt and never got back to the field, Yatil Green comes to my mind. Plenty of others.

But then there are guys that were suppose to be Phenomenal and end up pretty decent but never was the dominating force he was meant to be, like Derrick Coleman.

Maroney is a guy that IS a good NFL back but got the injury bug, we've seen him play and be successful at this level. Many guys have come back in his position, McGahee, Frank Gore..... he's not a bust, like Leon Johnson, remember him, I loved that dude, but got hurt, tough luck, i don't say he was a bust(or a bad pick.)

Archived