Jets not interested in T.O.

MikeJetsWord

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_jets_no_interested_in.html

New York Jets not interested in Terrell Owens

by Dave Hutchinson / The Star-Ledger Thursday March 05, 2009, 9:52 AM

Don't start trying to figure out where to buy a Terrell Owens' Jets jersey. There's no need, according to someone familiar with the Jets' thinking.

medium_TOmask.JPGAssociated PressT.O. to the Jets? A no go.

Never mind that Laveranues Coles signed with the Bengals on Wednesday and the Jets are in need of a No. 1 receiver.

The Jets would not be interested in Owens if or when he is released by the Cowboys. Technically, he hasn't been released so the Jets aren't allowed to comment publicly.

Hutch

Well, there goes that idea... Guess we just have to make a run for Edwards. I have to say, I am not that disappointed though. Hopefully he doesn't end up with the pats.

Give me Maclin, Nicks, or Britt in the draft and I'm good to go. No need for Edwards.

WR is a position that takes a lot of time to develop. Edwards wouldn't be bad to have around as we groom a WR like DHB or Nicks or Britt. I am weary of Maclin though.

How about Percy?

I'm honestly not sure. I haven't really studied them much this year. There are a lot of interesting WRs this year. I'm partial to Britt, but that's strictly as a Scarlet Knight homer. Funny thing is that (though this is strictly reading about them, not having seen much of anybody) Maclin is probably the one I am least wary of, unlike MikeJetsWord. Even Crabtree may well be a 4.65 slug. He may be a Jerry Rice 4.6 or a Peter Warrick 4.6.

I think we definitely should trade for Edwards.

Well you also think Kobe > Jordan so that says all we need to know about your talent evaluation skills. ;)

And as a Knicks fan, I HAAAAATED Michael Jordan...

Erik Boland called Edwards "Edward Scissorhands" which I thought was quite funny and appropriate.

I like JMJ's list of Maclin, Nicks, Britt for the 17th overall, although I'm partial to Nicks. I'm hoping for Maclin/Nicks/Britt and Brace in the 1st 2 rounds.

Wait a second. You're weary of Maclin but not of DHB? Have you tried comparing their college production at all?

Yeah I have. Don't get me wrong, Maclin is by far the more productive WR in college, but I just don't see him being used as well here. DHB is exactly what we need in a WR-- Tall, Fast, and can stretch the field. I know he has been critized by people saying that he is a boom-bust factor.. but to come to those conclusions solely based on his college production is a bit dramatic.

Look at the QB he had to play with his last season at Maryland. He certainly didn't wow anyone with those numbers. In fact, the Maryland offense in general couldn't get a whole lot going. So those numbers are a bit off.

But its not like he is the best WR in the draft or anything, I just like what he brings to the table. We need a BIG WR, which is something we have lacked for a long time. Honestly, my favorite reciever in the draft is Nicks, followed by Britt. Then DHB. Maclin isn't a terrible choice but, because of the time it takes WRs to develop, I just don't think it would be wise to throw a sophomore right in from day one. Maybe if we picked up someone like Torry Holt first for a couple years, then it could work out.

WR is a position that takes a lot of time to develop. Edwards wouldn't be bad to have around as we groom a WR like DHB or Nicks or Britt. I am weary of Maclin though.

Maclin will probably be gone. signing Edwards would be a move i applaud. As far as I'm concerned we have another rookie with upside, Clowney, he's like a red shirt , he only caught one pass in regular season and it was a great clutch catch. Plus he played great in preseason. Yes, another Ratliff situation, but a draft pick is a COMPLETE unknown, we have a guy who have shown us a quick peek.

What a year, we are positive that our defense will be dominating, but we are a GIANT question mark on offense!!!

Stuckey

Clowney

A Draft pick(heyward-Bey, or Nicks or Harvin....etc) all gunning for a #1 spot in the NFL, although, I think Cotchery is a borderline #1, he just needs help,he doesn't command attention.

Keller, in his second year, will be asked a lot.

The Jets are the land of opportunity for a young QB or WR.

I think we should be interested in T.O. Very interested.

Like him or not the guy can still play and an elite level and he'd instantly turn one of our greatest weaknesses into one of our greatest strengths. He's a playmaker that we really lack on this team and as much as people think he'd bother Clemens/Ratliff and put pressure on them he more than makes up for it by providing an outlet on the field.

Think about it. I'd rather play with a bitching Terrell Owens than a happy Chansi Stuckey.

Im not tlaking "all time" here... but in terms of right now for this team... Nicks >>> TO

Actually, I think you have it backwards. In terms of "right now" TO is worth WAY more than a rookie from North Carolina.

Not only that, but TO + whichever player we choose to use the first pick on (a DE maybe?) >>> Hakeem Nicks.

Actually, I think you have it backwards. In terms of "right now" TO is worth WAY more than a rookie from North Carolina.

Not only that, but TO + whichever player we choose to use the first pick on (a DE maybe?) >>> Hakeem Nicks.

TO is a cancer on ANY team. No one wants to win more than Jerry Jones yet he cut T.O. . That says it all.

Like him or not the guy can still play and an elite level and he'd instantly turn one of our greatest weaknesses into one of our greatest strengths. He's a playmaker that we really lack on this team and as much as people think he'd bother Clemens/Ratliff and put pressure on them he more than makes up for it by providing an outlet on the field.

Think about it. I'd rather play with a bitching Terrell Owens than a happy Chansi Stuckey.

We agree, somewhat.

To all you guys calling for Edwards... 1) He wants 10M+ a year (He's nuts)... 2) He's TO in his worst form, with worse hands

TO would improve our corps. He wouldn't come here though. He'll see our QB situation and not come. It'll also be tough to have him here with a 1st yr coach. With that said, even at 35, TO is a better player than Edwards.

TO is a cancer on ANY team. No one wants to win more than Jerry Jones yet he cut T.O. . That says it all.

I disagree about the "Noone wants to win more" part of this, but the TO part is probably true.

Jerry Jones is like Steinbrenner. He sees his team as "entertainment" and wants to put the best "show" on the field. He's not as concerned about winning as you all think.

We agree, somewhat.

To all you guys calling for Edwards... 1) He wants 10M+ a year (He's nuts)... 2) He's TO in his worst form, with worse hands

TO would improve our corps. He wouldn't come here though. He'll see our QB situation and not come. It'll also be tough to have him here with a 1st yr coach. With that said, even at 35, TO is a better player than Edwards.

I'd take either (But I wouldn't trade much for Edwards). The fact of the matters is that our offense is in DIRE need of a playmaker, especially at the WR position. Edwards has the potential to be exactly that, in fact he has unlimited potential as a WR. I think his problem is largely confidence at this point, something a change of team could really help.

Considering every team that has actually had them on their roster disagrees with that statement I would say stay the ***** away. T.O. would be the worst thing ever for our young developing QBs.

Archived