No surgery for A-Rod (Torn hip labrum, and cyst)

Morrissey

If he's able to play after just rehabbing the hip, this team really lucked out...

Yes and no... might not be a bad thing for him to miss the first couple weeks and let the dust settle...

I was wondering, since there wont be any Surgery, does that mean he'll be able to play opening day? Or will he still be out for 10 weeks, or was the surgery happening what would have forced him to be out 10 weeks.

ESPN is full of **** again, they ran with a story that said he was going to have surgery and will be out 10 weeks. Yankees say he isn't having surgery. Lets wait until we find out from them how long he's expected to be out.

I was wondering, since there wont be any Surgery, does that mean he'll be able to play opening day? Or will he still be out for 10 weeks, or was the surgery happening what would have forced him to be out 10 weeks.

I think the idea is:

Try to rehab, if it works he'll be ready opening day.

If it doesn't work, then we go to surgery, he'll be out 10 weeks due to the surgery.

I almost rather put him out RIGHT NOW. Let him get healthy. I mean can he even be an everyday player?

No way, surgery means he's done till 2010.

I'm listening to this injury analyst on ESPN News, and she's saying A-Rod can probably play through this.

I'm listening to this injury analyst on ESPN News, and she's saying A-Rod can probably play through this.

At what cost? Eventually its going to ctach up to him and be worse... go under the knife now and get ti over with...

You think so, I mean 4 months if he got it now would put him back by July/August. Anyways, if he plays through it and produces I'd be impressed. I don't want him in there if he's gonna do jack squat.

Keep this in mind:

The labrum is the cartilage that surrounds the hip joint proper. Unlike the shoulder joint that relies on the labrum to hold the shoulder bone (humerus) in place, the Hip labrum is the part of the capsule but does not hold the leg bone(femur) to the hip joint (acetabulum).

Keep this in mind:

Yea but the question is how much pain is he gonna be in, as you know hips are paramount in getting the proper rotation for power. I'm just concerned he's gonna try and be a hero, hamstring us, people lose it on him, and just worst case scenario with him.

You think so, I mean 4 months if he got it now would put him back by July/August. Anyways, if he plays through it and produces I'd be impressed. I don't want him in there if he's gonna do jack squat.

A-Rod has been hitting well, he hit a double yesterday.

Surgery would be to clean the tear and other loose bodies. It is not going to fix the condition.

Well he did say to the team this would be the best season of their lives, maybe he should do uas all a favor!

Yea but the question is how much pain is he gonna be in, as you know hips are paramount in getting the proper rotation for power. I'm just concerned he's gonna try and be a hero, hamstring us, people lose it on him, and just worst case scenario with him.

He's been dealing with this since last year, and he hasn't complained about pain, only stiffness.

Chase's production dipped pretty well after the injury. He was prone to slumps.

Not every injury is the same, nor is every person's ability to deal with them.

That said, no one knows.

Yeah, you're right.

Though it does appear he's had this injury for a while now. I wonder if it is something he just has to play through, and can have surgery after the season, or does this type of injury get worse and worse?

ok... who's the fill-in 2 days a week?

Cody Ransom?

Angel Berroa?

I guess, I dunno, he's been playing thought this all spring, and even last year. He hasn't even complained of pain, just stiffness. It appears this is manageable. At least, I hope so...

If A-Rod is going to be out for 10 weeks or so, then Cody Ransom will most likely be his replacement. I for one, am expecting A-Rod to choose against surgery right now, win us #27, and have the surgery in the offseason.

Forget that 10 week timeline.. ESPN got bad information, as usual. No one is saying he wont be playing 3B on opening day, YET...

I guess, I dunno, he's been playing thought this all spring, and even last year. He hasn't even complained of pain, just stiffness. It appears this is manageable. At least, I hope so...

Last time Arod had stiffness his wife dumped him....

:)

Remember, Im the "sky is falling" guy, so I always look at the worst case scenario.

I hope if there is any question Cashman is working the phone lines trying to find a suitable replacement just in case. Cody Ransom and Angel Berroa shouldnt be the fall-backs for a team like the Yankees.

Archived