JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

I understand not putting a timer on the day, but nothing happens at night, so you need a deadline by which you're going to call it and start the next day. If the mafia doesn't get a kill in, if the doc doesn't protect, the cop doesn't investigate, whatever - that's their team's bad luck. But without a deadline, I've seen nights last 5 real days while mods wait for all the actions to come in.

I wont let it go that long. End of day tomorrow at the latest, I just believe the weekend should be a little more laid back with deadlines.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much going on for now, how was hoboken?

Pretty ridiculous. We kicked 2 kegs in my apartment. There were a ton of people, at like 6 I was ready to kick everyone out, having drank from 10AM on and having most of my friends gone by 430ish, I was done... but it ended up going till around 9.

Good times though. Slept like a brick.

In regards to the lack of activity / discussion going on right now, this is part of the problem with the way day one turned out. We pretty much have nothing to go on at this point and are back to square one. And with it being the night phase, we don't really have anything to work towards quite yet. Hopefully we'll somehow be able to learn something from who is killed tonight, because we need to get this thing going.

Pretty ridiculous. We kicked 2 kegs in my apartment. There were a ton of people, at like 6 I was ready to kick everyone out, having drank from 10AM on and having most of my friends gone by 430ish, I was done... but it ended up going till around 9.

Good times though. Slept like a brick.

There were people still actually at your apartment that late? Wow, what kind of *******s do that?

In regards to the lack of activity / discussion going on right now, this is part of the problem with the way day one turned out. We pretty much have nothing to go on at this point and are back to square one. And with it being the night phase, we don't really have anything to work towards quite yet. Hopefully we'll somehow be able to learn something from who is killed tonight, because we need to get this thing going.

I agree with this. The major problem is almost everyone is inactive. I understand it's the weekend and all that, but if you are a townie and you are being inactive, you really are screwing over other townies. The Mafia easily can blend in.

I have to agree. I think JB actually kinda screwed the town. Maybe it has to do with the fact she's on a cruise and was like whatever, but the case at hand is the pile on was quick. It's hard to tell who the scum is, we've had some very active people and some very inactive people. I've been out this weekend due to the fact I've started house hunting. And I'm ****ing EXHAUSTED.

I don't know what to think of Doggin quite yet. He's very experienced in this game so it's always hard to tell with these type of people. I do want to put him on the innocent side and I will for now for the reason that if he is innocent his experience will help us. I guess we'll see who gets offed in the night kill... maybe that'll lead to some clues.

I have to agree. I think JB actually kinda screwed the town. Maybe it has to do with the fact she's on a cruise and was like whatever, but the case at hand is the pile on was quick. It's hard to tell who the scum is, we've had some very active people and some very inactive people. I've been out this weekend due to the fact I've started house hunting. And I'm ****ing EXHAUSTED.

I don't know what to think of Doggin quite yet. He's very experienced in this game so it's always hard to tell with these type of people. I do want to put him on the innocent side and I will for now for the reason that if he is innocent his experience will help us. I guess we'll see who gets offed in the night kill... maybe that'll lead to some clues.

With JB being the one to put in the last vote, the only thing we really have is inactivity. That would make SMC and Thor the first to look into.

With JB being the one to put in the last vote, the only thing we really have is inactivity. That would make SMC and Thor the first to look into.

True. I think SMC is innocent though. Although he hasn't been completely active I'm sure he has a good reason. His vote for JB didn't seem as much as retaliation vote in retrospect as he jumped on her for the same reason that most people did, she was short, gave little to no reason and that was that. Thor has seemed wishy washy, can't tell if it's all in jest or he's trying to keep attention away from himself. Either way I'm hoping the night kill will point us in some direction.

Well, that's that.... Dont' blame anyone who voted JB really. The caught in a stretch of the truth thing was pretty convincing and I would've insisted she claim a power role or hammered her myself there. Alluding to a power role to save your ass and then backing off is VERY scummy, scum will do that to cause the town to back off without having to commit to an actual role reveal that can easily be counter claimed.

For those that think we gained nothing today, I disagree. We had two wagons go to within -3 and a player martyred herself who admitted she'd be highly unavailable for a week or so. This actually happened once before with JB I believe and the game slowed to a crawl. Also, we managed to make it through day 1 without outing a cop or doctor which is also an accomplishment. Far to often the power role acts like mafia in the early stage as they are also hiding something. It's easy to confuse the two. So, obviously nabbing mafia would've been ideal but it's not often that it actually happens on day 1 and I think we had the second best case scenario..

before night ends, I'd like to look at the wagons..

Here's IJ both time's he was at -3

Irish Jet (6) - Doggin94it, JVOR, Thor99, Norway, Vicious89x, Jets Babe

Irish Jet (6) - CTM, Doggin94it, JVOR, Thor99, Norway, Vicious94q

Here's JB's:

Jets Babe (9) - Doggin94it, Norway, Irish Jet, JiF, Jets Things, War Ensemble, SMC, JVOR, Jets Babe

I've taken the liberty of highlighting those of us that were eager enough to be on 2 fast moving day 1 wagons. I'm going to lower doggin's scum level a bit as he was #1 on the JB wagon and #2 on IJ, as he'd really have no idea that a wagon was going to form at that point. Anyone's whose played enough with me knows I like to look at positions 3, 5, L-1 as great scum wagon votes as they are inconspicuous but serve to add momentum to the wagon. I find it very interesting that Norway and JVOR were in my favorite scum finding spots on both wagons.

Well, that's that.... Dont' blame anyone who voted JB really. The caught in a stretch of the truth thing was pretty convincing and I would've insisted she claim a power role or hammered her myself there. Alluding to a power role to save your ass and then backing off is VERY scummy, scum will do that to cause the town to back off without having to commit to an actual role reveal that can easily be counter claimed.

For those that think we gained nothing today, I disagree. We had two wagons go to within -3 and a player martyred herself who admitted she'd be highly unavailable for a week or so. This actually happened once before with JB I believe and the game slowed to a crawl. Also, we managed to make it through day 1 without outing a cop or doctor which is also an accomplishment. Far to often the power role acts like mafia in the early stage as they are also hiding something. It's easy to confuse the two. So, obviously nabbing mafia would've been ideal but it's not often that it actually happens on day 1 and I think we had the second best case scenario..

I've taken the liberty of highlighting those of us that were eager enough to be on 2 fast moving day 1 wagons. I'm going to lower doggin's scum level a bit as he was #1 on the JB wagon and #2 on IJ, as he'd really have no idea that a wagon was going to form at that point. Anyone's whose played enough with me knows I like to look at positions 3, 5, L-1 as great scum wagon votes as they are inconspicuous but serve to add momentum to the wagon. I find it very interesting that Norway and JVOR were in my favorite scum finding spots on both wagons

I stand by my explanations on both. The vote on Irish Jet was for the same reasoning you had which was to start voting inactives. I unvoted as soon as he gave us some semblance of information on his thoughts. It wasn't a vote to lynch, it was a vote to pressure him into activity and contributing thoughts.

The second one was because Jets Babe was acting really scummy. Like I said, it's tough to get a read on her because she doesn't really have a good grasp at this game and she acts scummy in the townie role. There was a distinct possibility she was mafia. In addition, once she gave her significant role reveal, she wasn't long for this game anyway. She would have been the logical NK target just to make sure she wouldn't have had a role, so i figured the downside was minimal if i was wrong.

I have no problem with people following my voting pattern closely and pressuring me, I have nothing to hide.

I've taken the liberty of highlighting those of us that were eager enough to be on 2 fast moving day 1 wagons. I'm going to lower doggin's scum level a bit as he was #1 on the JB wagon and #2 on IJ, as he'd really have no idea that a wagon was going to form at that point. Anyone's whose played enough with me knows I like to look at positions 3, 5, L-1 as great scum wagon votes as they are inconspicuous but serve to add momentum to the wagon. I find it very interesting that Norway and JVOR were in my favorite scum finding spots on both wagons.

Some good research there CTM. Doggin seemed very eager, but I think that might be to try and get these sorts of things going. He kinda jumped on me but I can't really blame him, it seems throwing stuff to walls and hoping something sticks, which is USUALLY the case on day 1. JVOR I think is getting in his own way again. Just my gut feeling. As much as I enjoyed trading Anchorman quotes with Norway I think you may be onto something there.

Some good research there CTM. Doggin seemed very eager, but I think that might be to try and get these sorts of things going. He kinda jumped on me but I can't really blame him, it seems throwing stuff to walls and hoping something sticks, which is USUALLY the case on day 1. JVOR I think is getting in his own way again. Just my gut feeling. As much as I enjoyed trading Anchorman quotes with Norway I think you may be onto something there.

I just want to reiterate that it was in the middle of that little distraction where he jumped onto the JB wagon, agreeing with Doggin's vote. Doggin originally cast that vote because of scummy bandwagon voting from JB. It just seems a bit off to jump onto a wagon which was hitched as a result of another's bandwagonning ways.

Then again Norway did say in that vote he was drunk, so who knows?:wine:moz-screenshot-1.jpgmoz-screenshot.jpg

I just want to reiterate that it was in the middle of that little distraction where he jumped onto the JB wagon, agreeing with Doggin's vote. Doggin originally cast that vote because of scummy bandwagon voting from JB. It just seems a bit off to jump onto a wagon which was hitched as a result of another's bandwagonning ways.

Then again Norway did say in that vote he was drunk, so who knows?:wine:moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

stupid smilies....that's supposed to be an inebriated yellow circle

All in all, it sucks that we lynched a townie. However, JB was providing no help. Her random 3 word posts with votes were pointless. Then she goes and kills herself.

She actually had a very innocent post after the bandwagon started to get heavy. I was close to unvoting and then I saw that she did herself in.

It might be a blessing in disguise with her on a cruise and the game is already pretty inactive. This was the first weekend of GREAT weather and I didnt leave the beach at all and was typically to drunk to post anything worthy.

CTM's inactivity is strange. He is usually one of the more active players. Or maybe he is scared to come around being the on female player left alive. He is probably lost in the Body Shop looking for some good smellin body lotion.

Weird. I must have scanned right over this post.

Good work here. Did you do this last night next to a sensual soft good smelling candle you took from the Body Shop?

Weird. I must have scanned right over this post.

Good work here. Did you do this last night next to a sensual soft good smelling candle you took from the Body Shop?

I don't no of such things fat magnet..

Then again Norway did say in that vote he was drunk, so who knows?:wine:moz-screenshot-1.jpgmoz-screenshot.jpg

Norway is always drunk. Inebriation is the worse excuse here. Anyways, we did do plenty of anchorman quotes, but outside of the quotes no real conversation was offered from him. How long are we letting the night phase go here?

Unvote.

Vote: JetsBabe, for merciless bandwagoning

Since we are talking bangwagonning...

Are you trying to misspell things now?

I never use the spell checker, which is dumb because I am a terrible speller.

I always notice after I post that I spelt something wrong. I get all excited when I finish a post and get trigger happy. So I never proof read until after the fact.

Since we cant edit, there will be a ton of mistakes in my posts.

Deal with it *******.

Interesting theory, CTM, on the fast movers on the bandwagon (Doggin94it, JVOR, Norway). That could be FOS worthy, but I don't believe we have enough information.

The first day is always a crap shoot as far as I've played. I think this is my 7th game and only once have the townies knocked off a mafia person (and that was only because Ragu was uber crazy).

If I would do an FOS now, the only basis for such would be on who has the most experience and would be a threat to the townies. That would be CTM and Doggin. Both could easily manipulate the townies. BUT, if innocent, they could be a great asset (unless CTM starts putting out some of his patented wild theories :D). But, as of now, I have no other person to consider.

I never use the spell checker, which is dumb because I am a terrible speller.

I always notice after I post that I spelt something wrong. I get all excited when I finish a post and get trigger happy. So I never proof read until after the fact.

Since we cant edit, there will be a ton of mistakes in my posts.

Deal with it *******.

:biggrin:

Good Morning, Good Morning...

Well, not a good morning for everyone.

Someone is missing. We agreed that at 10AM we would raid the Au Bon Pain for breakfast.

A search party is sent out.

Jared, the Jewery store is a bloodbath, but not a diamond is missing. There lies the body of SMC, skull cracked open, and brain matter all but gone.

"He went to Jared, and got his brains eaten for the trouble"... Sounds oddly fitting.

jewelry.jpg

SMC, a roleless town member, has been killed.

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

Interesting theory, CTM, on the fast movers on the bandwagon (Doggin94it, JVOR, Norway). That could be FOS worthy, but I don't believe we have enough information.

The first day is always a crap shoot as far as I've played. I think this is my 7th game and only once have the townies knocked off a mafia person (and that was only because Ragu was uber crazy).

If I would do an FOS now, the only basis for such would be on who has the most experience and would be a threat to the townies. That would be CTM and Doggin. Both could easily manipulate the townies. BUT, if innocent, they could be a great asset (unless CTM starts putting out some of his patented wild theories :D). But, as of now, I have no other person to consider.

I think it's interesting to note that for all the bandwagons there were, they were all on them. What was really annoying about JB casting the kill vote is that perhaps the kill vote could've told us something. Although I don't think a mafia would be that quick to swoop in on it. I think Norway should be FOS for now, let's see how the night phase plays out.

Day 2 is underway, don't hesitate whiners. ;)

1. Doggin94it

2. Thor99

3. Irish Jet

4. War Ensemble

5. shutout

6. WoodyPaige

7. Crusher

8. Jets Things

9. SMC - Killed Night 1

10. Vicious98x

11. CTM

12. Norway

13. JiF

14. JetsBabe - Lynched Day 1

15. Bleedin' Green

16. JVOR

I'm gonna try and get the ball rolling on this one. Based on CTM's analysis of posts and my personal feelings on the 3 he mentioned I think that Norway is who we should vote for. He innocently hopped onto every bandwagon and kept his posts mainly light and slightly aloof, a good way for people not to take you seriously. Plus he got random lynched last time so maybe someone felt like that sucked for him :)

Vote: Norway

Well all right then. Interesting kill vote considering SMC was one of the least active townies.

Hmmm... Offing someone with mafia experience. Rookie move, considering how inactive SMC was (inactivity lynchings are common) OR veteran move, leading the majority to think this is a rookie mistake...? Thoughts?

Hmmm... Offing someone with mafia experience. Rookie move, considering how inactive SMC was (inactivity lynchings are common) OR veteran move, leading the majority to think this is a rookie mistake...? Thoughts?

I think they went after someone they think had experience. In a way I think it was a "respect" kill. They know he's smart and wanted him dead before he could really help guide the townies because as of now he's only had 2-3 posts. Not much help to us.

Archived