JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doggin yet? I'd still like his input.

My thoughts really haven't changed other then to add that Vicious is being annoying. I'd like to lynch him for that alone :D

The question really is do you want to risk the game on whether or not woody is lieing? If he isn't lieng and we lynch him, we lose the game, if he is lieing, we catch him tonight with an investigation. So essentially is the cost (missed investigation) worth the risk of losing the game, no matter how small. In all likelihood, woody is lieing but the last time I did that it was Smashmouth claiming to be cop and I voted to lynch him anyway and was wrong..

Sorry boys, it's been a freaking emotional day.

As you know I put in a bid on a house yesterday, it's been stressful, we were kind forced into situation as i'm in a townhome, renting, now with my wife and son. Long story short the stock market isn't gonna get any better, alot better, anytime soon and we didn't want to get locked into renting because our down payment is in stocks. We've been looking and found the dream home this weekend, put in a bid, and we went back and forth.

But they just accepted our bid! I'm hoping the home inspection goes well, once it does I'm a home owner. Feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders for now.

Yeah, like we're really going to believe that. Nice try you mafia/zombie scum. :biggrin:

My thoughts really haven't changed other then to add that Vicious is being annoying. I'd like to lynch him for that alone :D

The question really is do you want to risk the game on whether or not woody is lieing? If he isn't lieng and we lynch him, we lose the game, if he is lieing, we catch him tonight with an investigation. So essentially is the cost (missed investigation) worth the risk of losing the game, no matter how small. In all likelihood, woody is lieing but the last time I did that it was Smashmouth claiming to be cop and I voted to lynch him anyway and was wrong..

Eat me.

I'm open to doing whatever the town wants to do.

Sorry I haven't posted much in this game. I've been reading this entire thread, and there is alot to process, but not alot of tangible evidence.

That said. I don't believe WP's role reveal.

Unvote: Norway

Vote: Woody Paige

You're absolutely right. The risk isn't worth the reward right now. We will find out soon enough. I think.

Sorry I haven't posted much in this game. I've been reading this entire thread, and there is alot to process, but not alot of tangible evidence.

You're absolutely right. The risk isn't worth the reward right now. We will find out soon enough. I think.

um...what?

any word from doggin mod?

I'm kind of anxious now to see what happens during the night phase, but would really like doggins take before committing..

It's Purim and he has young children. I recon you'll hear from him later this evening.

First post of the day...

In response to CTM's post # 668

This is response to JVOR # 678

I'm an idiot.

I posted the first one before I read CTM's post, showing me the light.

Unvote: Woody

I'm still not following.

If you read the entire thread, what exactly did CTM say that was different from the other 100 posts about the same topic?

Curious because you didnt change your vote when you responded to him.

In Vicious' defense, with exception of JiF's power in the last game, every cop power I have heard of had a simple innocent or guilty response to an investigation, so that's likely the case here as well.

As far as the timing of the reveals goes, which a few people have brought up, its the reason I'm a little more inclined to believe Vicious of the two. Honestly, his just seem like a legitimate ****-up (no offense), as he would really have no reason for revealing or even hinting at a reveal that early on, whether its truthful or he's mafia. To be mafia and do that would have to be deliberate, and I just don't see the benefit in it, unless they were counting on a counter-claim and figured they'd be willing to trade one of their own lives if it meant finding out who the cop was. To actually be the cop and do it could be an innocent mistake.

Woody on the other hand, had a more "logical" reveal point. If I'm not mistaken, Woody was within a few votes of lynch so his timing was more traditional in when someone would role reveal in order to save themselves. But on the same token, it would also make sense for that to be the time for a fake reveal by the mafia to save themselves as well. So unfortunately, that alone doesn't clear things up one way or the other.

Whats more conspicuous to me is not just the timing in terms of number of votes but literally the time of the reveal:

And he's smart enough to be lurking, he's definitely ghosting IMO.

Vic posted that at 8:22pm last night

Alright I didn't want to do this so early but I seem to not have much of a choice. I am the doctor. Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my computer for the most of the night. I have been busy with school work lately and have a couple of midterms this week. Thats why I have been posting so infrequently this game. Hopefully I won't get killed before I get a chance to get back to the computer which most likely won't be until tomorrow afternoon.

This was Woody's reveal. It was posted at 8:26pm. Four minutes later??? He did the same thing earlier in the game when JiF called him out. Woody's 2 posts of substance in this thread are both posted within 5 minutes of him being called out? Sorry I don't buy it.

Is it possible that he is just a role less innocent? Maybe he knew he was in the hot seat and didn't think that we'd believe him if he just said "regular townie"? Highly unlikely considering the expected reaction from us, but maybe something to think about?

Is Thor actually providing us with an out here? Very suspicious string of posts there...

Of course we have to consider that the zombies would plan something like that. Sacrifice Thor to save Woody the Godfather who then comes up innocent in Vic's inquiry?

Is Thor actually providing us with an out here? Very suspicious string of posts there...

Of course we have to consider that the zombies would plan something like that. Sacrifice Thor to save Woody the Godfather who then comes up innocent in Vic's inquiry?

Well it seems we're all hinging on Doggins ideas here.

I said it earlier in the thread that there's no guarantee there's a Godfather. There wasn't a "head zombie" in Dawn of the Dead so how can we assume that there's one in this game? Sure, the Godfather goes along with the traditional mafia format, but would EY stick to the DotD format or a traditional mafia format?

I said it earlier in the thread that there's no guarantee there's a Godfather. There wasn't a "head zombie" in Dawn of the Dead so how can we assume that there's one in this game? Sure, the Godfather goes along with the traditional mafia format, but would EY stick to the DotD format or a traditional mafia format?

True there was no "head zombie" in Dawn, but there was one in Land of the Dead. Not the same movie I know, and I'm not sure I believe it so much as I was thinking out loud. Thor's posts were VERY odd, but I still don't believe a word of what Woody posted. If Thor came out so obviously suspicious to take heat off of Woody why would the zombies sacrifice him unless Woody had an important role?

Again, not sure I believe any of that other than the part calling Woody a liar. I'm just thinking out loud here

True there was no "head zombie" in Dawn, but there was one in Land of the Dead. Not the same movie I know, and I'm not sure I believe it so much as I was thinking out loud. Thor's posts were VERY odd, but I still don't believe a word of what Woody posted. If Thor came out so obviously suspicious to take heat off of Woody why would the zombies sacrifice him unless Woody had an important role?

Again, not sure I believe any of that other than the part calling Woody a liar. I'm just thinking out loud here

Good. We need more of that. And yes, I know I'm guilty of not doing just that. The only people who are keeping this game moving (if not making it ridiculously more convoluted ;)) are Vicious and JVoR.

Whats more conspicuous to me is not just the timing in terms of number of votes but literally the time of the reveal:

Vic posted that at 8:22pm last night

This was Woody's reveal. It was posted at 8:26pm. Four minutes later??? He did the same thing earlier in the game when JiF called him out. Woody's 2 posts of substance in this thread are both posted within 5 minutes of him being called out? Sorry I don't buy it.

Is it possible that he is just a role less innocent? Maybe he knew he was in the hot seat and didn't think that we'd believe him if he just said "regular townie"? Highly unlikely considering the expected reaction from us, but maybe something to think about?

I highly doubt Woody is a roleless townie. It's sabotage to claim doctor and be the roleless townie, my guess is that hes either the doctor or Mafia, and i'm leaning heavily heavily towards mafia.

Let's not get hung up on game mechanics for now. It's something to keep an eye on but until something presents itself that needs questioning it's not going to get us anywhere.

Let's not get hung up on game mechanics for now. It's something to keep an eye on but until something presents itself that needs questioning it's not going to get us anywhere.

We're not anywhere now...and we seemed to have completely stalled and are waiting for Doggin. Good thing EY has yet to set a time for the end of this day period

I've made my stance. I think we should lynch WP. If the town thinks otherwise, I'll go with that.

Agreed 100%

I personally think Woody's reveal is worse than the "Peter Petrelli" (JT, no way you would've gotten away with that if I played last game), and am very confident he is not our Doctor. But I'm sick of sitting around waiting to do something. If were gonna go with one of the inactives, then lets do it and get it over with. EY is eventually gonna see where in a stalemate and have no choice but to go with a random lynching.

So what's it gonna be guys? We just gonna sit around with our thumbs up our butts and force EY to kill someone, probably one of us, or do we find some sort of consensus? We've spent far too much time talking about the night phase that now seems like it will never come.

What is the benefit of discussing who is the godfather right now when we don't even have a confirmed innocent? If the cop's investigation tonight comes up innocent, then we discuss that possibility.

Once again, we have to get to the night phase first.

Archived