JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

I think they went after someone they think had experience. In a way I think it was a "respect" kill. They know he's smart and wanted him dead before he could really help guide the townies because as of now he's only had 2-3 posts. Not much help to us.

Another idea, yes, but I wouldn't dismiss mine right away. Last game, LilMick was looking to night kill everyone who had played before but I told him we needed to mix it up.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another idea, yes, but I wouldn't dismiss mine right away. Last game, LilMick was looking to night kill everyone who had played before but I told him we needed to mix it up.

Interesting, I'm not discounting what you said. But it's only their first kill. I could see them cutting out our legs and then just going after someone random with their second kill. At this point they have all the momentum as we lynched a townie, but that townie self killed which put us close to a dead end. Then taking out a knowledgeable and very capable player makes us weaker. I guess what I'm saying is your strategy would work perfect from here on out.

Hmmm... Offing someone with mafia experience. Rookie move, considering how inactive SMC was (inactivity lynchings are common) OR veteran move, leading the majority to think this is a rookie mistake...? Thoughts?

either or. The problem is that there is most likely 4 mafia players, it's a good bet there's a mix of experienced and inexperienced.

Looking through SMC's posts it doesn't appear he did much this game either, he made an early meaningless FOS of WE and voted for Jets Babe for reasons a lot of people did. Also, JB and I were voting for SMC due to the inactivity. That's about all the potentially meaningful interaction with other players he had.

I'm thinking that this is a standard issue no information NK, which is a tough read. Experienced scum do it cause they know information is a bad thing for them, and inexperienced but cautious mafia do it because they are afraid to NK anyone they might have interacted with..

The only type of player this lightens the suspicion of in my mind would be those that are inexperienced but also with a balls to the wall style, coincidently, that fits JB almost perfectly ...

I'm going to start off with: vote Norway for reasons stated in the night phase, JVOR's response to my poking around was fairly convincing and I'm going to figure doggin will be investigated early on, so if he's scum he'll be caught in short order. Hopefully the town cop turned up a guilty last night..

Interesting theory, CTM, on the fast movers on the bandwagon (Doggin94it, JVOR, Norway). That could be FOS worthy, but I don't believe we have enough information.

The first day is always a crap shoot as far as I've played. I think this is my 7th game and only once have the townies knocked off a mafia person (and that was only because Ragu was uber crazy).

If I would do an FOS now, the only basis for such would be on who has the most experience and would be a threat to the townies. That would be CTM and Doggin. Both could easily manipulate the townies. BUT, if innocent, they could be a great asset (unless CTM starts putting out some of his patented wild theories :D). But, as of now, I have no other person to consider.

Did this post come to late in the night action to be taken into consideration for the reason on why the mafia chose SMC?

Did this post come to late in the night action to be taken into consideration for the reason on why the mafia chose SMC?

I ignored it when looking for possible reasons, It occurred 4 minutes before EY's death scene and imo it's highly unlikely the scum could've read it, reacted to it, EY receive the PM and post the death scene in that time frame..

I ignored it when looking for possible reasons, It occurred 4 minutes before EY's death scene and imo it's highly unlikely the scum could've read it, reacted to it, EY receive the PM and post the death scene in that time frame..

Agreed. Hopefully we'll see some more activity today after lunchtime for you guys.

I think it was too late to be a factor in his kill. I do think SMC was buying into what CTM is selling. Clearly I am as well.

I didnt think so, but wanted to get your opinions.

Vic, I think SMC thought CTM was on to something, but he also mentioned that CTM and Doggin are players that could easily take the town for a ride.

Trust no one.

Vic, I think SMC thought CTM was on to something, but he also mentioned that CTM and Doggin are players that could easily take the town for a ride.

Trust no one.

I hear ya. It's not that I trust him, it's that I think he's onto something and at this point I can't think of any other "leads". Voting patterns are probably the best we have at this point.

I think it was too late to be a factor in his kill. I do think SMC was buying into what CTM is selling. Clearly I am as well.

I absolutely think it's a factor. SMC was obviously on to something, and someone didn't like it.

Vote: Norway

I absolutely think it's a factor. SMC was obviously on to something, and someone didn't like it.

Never mind. I'm a retard who can't keep his initials straight.

My vote stands, though.

Something has been bothering me. Did anyone get a read on SMC's alignment before the lynch? I know that I didn't, he was too inactive imo to go one way or the other.

Looking through SMC's posts it doesn't appear he did much this game either, he made an early meaningless FOS of WE and voted for Jets Babe for reasons a lot of people did. Also, JB and I were voting for SMC due to the inactivity. That's about all the potentially meaningful interaction with other players he had.

True. I think SMC is innocent though. Although he hasn't been completely active I'm sure he has a good reason. His vote for JB didn't seem as much as retaliation vote in retrospect as he jumped on her for the same reason that most people did, she was short, gave little to no reason and that was that. Thor has seemed wishy washy, can't tell if it's all in jest or he's trying to keep attention away from himself. Either way I'm hoping the night kill will point us in some direction.

I'm not accusing vicious, but I would feel a lot better if he elaborates on his thoughts on SMC especially in light of the fact that SMC just turned up innocent.

In terms of Norway, he's another guy who hasn't posted with enough substance for me personally to get a read on him. I think it's beneficial to the town if he starts giving us information.

Trust no one.

While agree with this statement, with a random role drawing, I think it's pretty unlikely that they're BOTH scum so it's probably safe to assume that one of them is on our side.

[before night ends, I'd like to look at the wagons..

I've taken the liberty of highlighting those of us that were eager enough to be on 2 fast moving day 1 wagons. I'm going to lower doggin's scum level a bit as he was #1 on the JB wagon and #2 on IJ, as he'd really have no idea that a wagon was going to form at that point. Anyone's whose played enough with me knows I like to look at positions 3, 5, L-1 as great scum wagon votes as they are inconspicuous but serve to add momentum to the wagon. I find it very interesting that Norway and JVOR were in my favorite scum finding spots on both wagons.

Well, my vote for Irish was just based on wanting to stir the pot, and I changed my vote. My vote for JB was based on a scum vibe that was obvioulsy incorrect, but I was far from alone.

While agree with this statement, with a random role drawing, I think it's pretty unlikely that they're BOTH scum so it's probably safe to assume that one of them is on our side.

I don't know about "safe to assume" although it would be pretty unlucky for the town if they were both mafia.

I don't know if I can ever really trust CTM or Doggin because they are both capable of playing incredibly deep games, but right now they're providing useful input to the town and that's worth keeping them around.

Hmmm... Offing someone with mafia experience. Rookie move, considering how inactive SMC was (inactivity lynchings are common) OR veteran move, leading the majority to think this is a rookie mistake...? Thoughts?

Veteran move, and not because it looks like a "rookie mistake". Night Killing inactive players is a classic mafia move - power roles often try to stay under the radar, and at worst you ensure that the kill doesn't provide excess information to the town (why was X killed, who was he pushing for, who was he supporting, etc.).

Got a brief due today and a jewish holiday coming up, so I may be a bit scarce. I've got some nebulous thoughts, though - so try not to lynch anyone til I get back.

your posts suck.

I hate you.

Teh Crusher is a fat girl. :shutit:

If people would have listened to me we would have won.

lol

Sorry big guy.

Where is SMC?

This what Woody has contributed at this point. Notice his last post. Ironic?

For somebody that is only over here at JN to play mafia, he isnt really helping out at all. And he is an experienced player. I suspect he is trying to lay low and try to go unseen.

Vote: Woody Paige

Something has been bothering me. Did anyone get a read on SMC's alignment before the lynch? I know that I didn't, he was too inactive imo to go one way or the other.

I'm not accusing vicious, but I would feel a lot better if he elaborates on his thoughts on SMC especially in light of the fact that SMC just turned up innocent.

In terms of Norway, he's another guy who hasn't posted with enough substance for me personally to get a read on him. I think it's beneficial to the town if he starts giving us information.

Thats why I've been suspicious of him personally. He's got 24 posts in this thread, yet nothing of substance? During the 2 pages of Anchorman quotes, whenever you think we're about to get back on track, guess who's name pops up with some more "Afternoon Delight"? Add on that he's bandwagon voted not only for JB, but for Irish...

It was the way he reacted to JB's vote. It didn't seem like piling on and in a way JB didn't help herself with the way she answered questions and was very curt with everything she said. We have tended to go after inactives but SMC didn't really pile onto JB and his reasoning was exactly similar to yourself... you thought she was very ellusive when answering questions. Actually JVOR, it's close to the same reason I think you are innocent for now. I think you guys used sound logic which to me says townie, when you try to justify things irrationally... that says mafia to me.

For somebody that is only over here at JN to play mafia, he isnt really helping out at all. And he is an experienced player. I suspect he is trying to lay low and try to go unseen.

Thanks for this research. That said, WP has played before and I don't think he'd make that obvious of an inquiry. Still, FOS Woody.

Thats why I've been suspicious of him personally. He's got 24 posts in this thread, yet nothing of substance? During the 2 pages of Anchorman quotes, whenever you think we're about to get back on track, guess who's name pops up with some more "Afternoon Delight"? Add on that he's bandwagon voted not only for JB, but for Irish...

Well, I'd had a few ****tails, and there wasn't much to analyze so was just having some fun. But you guys are way off. I'm already halfway to lynched, but I don't think there is much of a case on me. I guarantee I'm a townie, don't make another mistake.

My post looking for SMC was like three days before he died so I don't see a conection. He had like one or two posts at that point and he is usually one of the more vocal players so I was just wondering what was up.

Well, I'd had a few ****tails, and there wasn't much to analyze so was just having some fun. But you guys are way off. I'm already halfway to lynched, but I don't think there is much of a case on me. I guarantee I'm a townie, don't make another mistake.

There isn't much of a case on you because you haven't posted much analysis. You can remedy that by actually telling us your thoughts on our current situation, what seems suspicious to you, and who seems suspicious.

The way I see it is that there is a conflict of interest. As EY likes to say, "loose lips sink ships" so if you stay in the background you are probably going to be safe from lynching because there isn't a case on you. On an individual level there is incentive to stay low key. But that goes against the best interest of the group which is to pool information together to have the most information possible in making a lynching.

Thanks for this research. That said, WP has played before and I don't think he'd make that obvious of an inquiry. Still, FOS Woody.

Well, he posted it on 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM ...so it was awhile ago.

And IMO the mafia could have used that logic to kill SMC. Nobody would think they would do something that obvious. And the interesting part is that Woody has yet to post since.

My post looking for SMC was like three days before he died so I don't see a conection. He had like one or two posts at that point and he is usually one of the more vocal players so I was just wondering what was up.

And now I find it ironic that you havent had a post since 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM

And 15 minutes after I vote you, you come out and play.

Interesting.

It was the way he reacted to JB's vote. It didn't seem like piling on and in a way JB didn't help herself with the way she answered questions and was very curt with everything she said. We have tended to go after inactives but SMC didn't really pile onto JB and his reasoning was exactly similar to yourself... you thought she was very ellusive when answering questions. Actually JVOR, it's close to the same reason I think you are innocent for now. I think you guys used sound logic which to me says townie, when you try to justify things irrationally... that says mafia to me.

Wait a second, you got all that from these posts? This is what SMC posted prior to you making that statement. SMC's post of substance happened AFTER you made that statement. I smell someone lying. If you go back to the Jets babe lynching, the only reason he gives is the obi wan kinoctm logic. THAT'S ALL. Again i ask, from the posts i have below, does anyone get a read on SMC's alignment one way or the other? A cop wouldn't have had a chance to investigate. A mafia member would know SMC is innocent and it makes you distance yourself by earmarking innocents before he gets lynched.

Vote Vicious

FOS: War Ensemble (for the cool new--and zombie appropriate--avatar)

That's some bull ****, ain't it?

That does stink. I should be posting more, so my bad in the neglect counter.

But good use of trying to deflecting using Obi Wan KinoCTM logic. So I ...

Vote: Jets Babe

Yep, and another reason to be suspicious.

Martyring definately doesn't help for the innocents. But if you're going to do it, do it like Pac did. That was so funny.

Wait a second, you got all that from these posts? This is what SMC posted prior to you making that statement. SMC's post of substance happened AFTER you made that statement. I smell someone lying. If you go back to the Jets babe lynching, the only reason he gives is the obi wan kinoctm logic. THAT'S ALL. Again i ask, from the posts i have below, does anyone get a read on SMC's alignment one way or the other? A cop wouldn't have had a chance to investigate. A mafia member would know SMC is innocent and it makes you distance yourself by earmarking innocents before he gets lynched.

Vote Vicious

Edit: Not lynched, I meant night killed.

Vote Vicious

Sorry if my reasoning ain't good enough for you tough guy. It'll be interesting if you can circle the wagons around me cause that'll put the bulls-eye squarely on you when you find out I'm a townie. I pointed to his reply to JB, and him saying "it stinks" he was acknowledging his inactivity. He didn't defend it, he acknowledged he should be posting more. A mafia member would've sooner made an excuse as to why he was inactive.

Your reasoning is sound, but your targeting the wrong guy.

These are two more things that bothered me early on about vicious but let it slide.

Call it what you want, it's clear to me you seem to think you're quite well versed in scum moves. Anyways, I wasn't the one who threw a random vote out there for no good reason.

Day 1 votes are usually random, especially early on in the game. I'm pretty sure vicious was aware of this fact.

Damn people really are hopping in on this. Oh well. Let's not forget who spearheaded this movement if it ends up being a townie.

again, day 1 lynches are for the most part random and the probability says that it's more likely to get a townie than a mafia member. Suspicion goes more for people who bandwagon more than people who start off the vote.

Vicious is a smart guy with experience. Again, i'm confident that Vicious already knew this part of the game.

Archived