JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unvote: Norway

I don't suspect him any less, but I'd like to see more discussion about Woody

Just got back from a lunchtime meeting with my realtor and submitted my first offer on a house W00T!!!

Anyways some good dialogue going on here. I'm with you on this one shutout, I'm gonna maintain my vote as pressure but if they pile up on Norway I'll withdraw, I think we need to look a little more at Woody as JiF brought up a solid point.

Unvote: Vicious

Vote: Thor

I think Vicious mentioning a role reveal was strange, but Thor just votes, with no other contribution. New player not wanting to slip up, revealing that he's a zombie?

On the one hand, I agree with suspicions of Thor due to inactivity, but at the same time he wasn't too active in the last game either. Not a reason to eliminate him from suspicion, just a possible pattern to think about.

I definitely think, as others have mentioned, Woody's inactivity is worth looking into. More than Thor's anyway, IMO.

Wait a second, you got all that from these posts? This is what SMC posted prior to you making that statement. SMC's post of substance happened AFTER you made that statement. I smell someone lying. If you go back to the Jets babe lynching, the only reason he gives is the obi wan kinoctm logic. THAT'S ALL. Again i ask, from the posts i have below, does anyone get a read on SMC's alignment one way or the other? A cop wouldn't have had a chance to investigate. A mafia member would know SMC is innocent and it makes you distance yourself by earmarking innocents before he gets lynched.

Vote Vicious

Make no mistake. SMC was killed for one reason and one reason only, he was one of the brighter minds on the towns side. His inactivity was nothing more than him just taking his time and not trying to convinced the town to go in the wrond direction. These games always have someone who likes to get everyone moving in the wrong direction.

Becasue of this I think we have to keep in mind that some of the more experince and influential players may be scum. Trouble is it's always hard to go after the better players because if their not scum then they are of value to the town.

I'm going to keep my vote I had since the beginning vote: viscious

He is a very bright fella and seems to be keeping his play very light and whimsical. Almost like thats part of the plan. I'm thinking part of the mafia is puprposely being quiet one is being puposely in front of the crowd carrying the torch and viscious is being the friend of the towns ready to suck on your brains the minute hi gets a chnace.

If viscious isn't guilty then maybe we should try and flush out another inactive player.

On the one hand, I agree with suspicions of Thor due to inactivity, but at the same time he wasn't too active in the last game either. Not a reason to eliminate him from suspicion, just a possible pattern to think about.

I definitely think, as others have mentioned, Woody's inactivity is worth looking into. More than Thor's anyway, IMO.

As IJ said, what was interesting was about WP was that his one "real" post came as a defense of himself. You'd have to believe he "happened" to be on right at that moment.

So make that 2 games in a row your bringing unwarranted focus on yourself for. I'm innocent. I've been forthright and given you my reasons. It's a gut feeling which happens in these games, sorry it's not a mathematically calculated reason. 1+1 does not always = 2 in these games.

My hope is that you don't waste your vote when we could be close to lynching a mafia.

One other thing. If I was mafia... why the hell would I make myself so vulnerable in the straight wide open from the get go? I've been one of the most active people in this thread. No offense, I still think you're an innocent but you're being dumb in wasting your vote.

Because not all the mafia could hide in the shadows the whole game. So if your a townie your play is average and predictable, if your scum then it borders on brilliant.

My vote for you is a compliment.

Because not all the mafia could hide in the shadows the whole game. So if your a townie your play is average and predictable, if your scum then it borders on brilliant.

My vote for you is a compliment.

Well then I appreciate it big guy. CTM said it and he's right... when you're active you're gonna draw suspicion.

If I live to see the next round I hope to convince you otherwise.

Well then I appreciate it big guy. CTM said it and he's right... when you're active you're gonna draw suspicion.

If I live to see the next round I hope to convince you otherwise.

I know you're not a huge fan of me right now but can you elaborate on how revealing that you have a role with only two votes on you benefits the town?

And btw, congrats on making an offer. Good luck with that.

I know you're not a huge fan of me right now but can you elaborate on how revealing that you have a role with only two votes on you benefits the town?

And btw, congrats on making an offer. Good luck with that.

Thanks bro. It wouldnt' benefit the town. I meant in the case I get to WITHIN 2 votes, as in 6 against me.

Thanks bro. It wouldnt' benefit the town. I meant in the case I get to WITHIN 2 votes, as in 6 against me.

Sorry, let me clarify what I was asking. I didn't understand why you would say you have a role to reveal with only 2 votes on you at the time. By indicating you have a role to reveal, aren't you essentially the target of a night killing if you are innocent?

Just got back from a lunchtime meeting with my realtor and submitted my first offer on a house W00T!!!

Anyways some good dialogue going on here. I'm with you on this one shutout, I'm gonna maintain my vote as pressure but if they pile up on Norway I'll withdraw, I think we need to look a little more at Woody as JiF brought up a solid point.

Congrats, I hope it works out. Didn't know zombies could get approved for a mortgage.

Sorry, let me clarify what I was asking. I didn't understand why you would say you have a role to reveal with only 2 votes on you at the time. By indicating you have a role to reveal, aren't you essentially the target of a night killing if you are innocent?

Um. You're actually dead right. And in retrospect that's a dumb move, I'm kinda forced to reveal now aren't I.

Um. You're actually dead right. And in retrospect that's a dumb move, I'm kinda forced to reveal now aren't I.

This is the way I see this playing out:

Honestly, the truth about your alignment is going to come forth sooner or later. Whether you reveal or not, I would hope that if the cop is out there that he would investigate you in the nighttime. I'm sure if you have nothing to hide, you would agree that it could only help you to have the cop do this as it gives you one more friend out there. If there is a godfather, that's a 1/16 chance that you are it and turn up clean, but an investigation severely narrows down the chances that you are mafia.

If you are the cop, at this point it benefits you to come forth and reveal yourself as the cop rather than you get NKed. This way we can get doctor protection on you. A revealed alive cop is better than a useless dead one. If there is a counter claimant, well than one of you is obviously mafia.

If you claim to be the doctor, a counter claiming doctor should not step forward. Instead, the cop should investigate you and if a red flag comes up should let the town know. If you are actually the doctor, well, that's the worst case scenario but you should still be investigated by the cop. In that case, the cop should not step forward and you should save yourself for the night.

You could also claim a third role, and we'll see just how creative you are. Still would be investigated by the cop though.

Whoever is the cop needs to play a HUGE role here. Ball is in your court vicious.

Honestly, the truth about your alignment is going to come forth sooner or later. Whether you reveal or not, I would hope that if the cop is out there that he would investigate you in the nighttime. I'm sure if you have nothing to hide, you would agree that it could only help you to have the cop do this as it gives you one more friend out there. If there is a godfather, that's a 1/16 chance that you are it and turn up clean, but an investigation severely narrows down the chances that you are mafia.

If you are the cop, at this point it benefits you to come forth and reveal yourself as the cop rather than you get NKed. This way we can get doctor protection on you. A revealed alive cop is better than a useless dead one. If there is a counter claimant, well than one of you is obviously mafia.

If you claim to be the doctor, a counter claiming doctor should not step forward. Instead, the cop should investigate you and if a red flag comes up should let the town know. If you are actually the doctor, well, that's the worst case scenario but you should still be investigated by the cop. In that case, the cop should not step forward and you should save yourself for the night.

You could also claim a third role, and we'll see just how creative you are. Still would be investigated by the cop though.

Whoever is the cop needs to play a HUGE role here. Ball is in your court vicious.

Also, I'm assuming you didn't pull what Jets Babe did because you are fully aware of how that turned out.

ARGH. CTM brought it up and I might be changing the strategy of the game here by doing this:

I'm the "detective" essentially I have the investigation role. JB was offed, SMC was quiet, I wasted my investigation on him. That's why I said he was innocent, to protect him from a lynch. I'm open to us talking about who to investigate in the next night phase.

Whoever is the doctor, now you know I'm a target after this reveal. We can either go with a group mentality and have me investigate people at night and tell you guys who to vote for while keeping me protected... or we can let me be offed and hope you guys can reason as to who to off.

I'm sorry... I didn't want to reveal this as I feel I'm completely handcuffing the town by doing this but I'm open to anything.

oy...

So at this point you are either scum doing the "I have a power role" fake claim or legit at which point you now have a big red X on your back.

Why would you hint at a power role with 3 votes on you?

Lots of things to consider now. Don't reveal yet until we think this through but I'm inclined to agree with you that you need to role reveal at this point. The biggest risk to the town is that you are actually the cop and need to have protection tonight.

oy...

So at this point you are either scum doing the "I have a power role" fake claim or legit at which point you now have a big red X on your back.

Why would you hint at a power role with 3 votes on you?

Lots of things to consider now. Don't reveal yet until we think this through but I'm inclined to agree with you that you need to role reveal at this point. The biggest risk to the town is that you are actually the cop and need to have protection tonight.

Tooooooooooo late.

ARGH. CTM brought it up and I might be changing the strategy of the game here by doing this:

I'm the "detective" essentially I have the investigation role. JB was offed, SMC was quiet, I wasted my investigation on him. That's why I said he was innocent, to protect him from a lynch. I'm open to us talking about who to investigate in the next night phase.

Whoever is the doctor, now you know I'm a target after this reveal. We can either go with a group mentality and have me investigate people at night and tell you guys who to vote for while keeping me protected... or we can let me be offed and hope you guys can reason as to who to off.

I'm sorry... I didn't want to reveal this as I feel I'm completely handcuffing the town by doing this but I'm open to anything.

sigh Ninja'd again..

Don't nobody counter claim till we think about this..

Quick question, are you saying you knew that SMC was innocent when you said that cause you got your investigation results back already?

This is what I was saying in my earlier post when looking at those people who had received votes. Without an actual reveal it puts the town in the bind. You're not saying anything specific, so nobody knows to really trust it. After all, you're not putting yourself in a position to be a questioned or even counter-claimed, so to assume you're not mafia just based on your partial-reveal is a leap of faith. For all we know you could have a real role and just slipped up, but to hint at a role and nothing more at this point seems scummy. Especially considering JB essentially got herself killed doing the same thing yesterday.

On the other hand, if you really are on the town's side now the mafia knows you're a good target. They obviously would know you're townie, it sounds like you have a role, AND a guy hinting towards a role but not revealing is not likely to receive doc protection (unless you yourself are the doctor) since you haven't given anyone a reason to trust you any more than anyone else yet outside of your hinting at a role.

sigh Ninja'd again..

Don't nobody counter claim till we think about this..

Quick question, are you saying you knew that SMC was innocent when you said that cause you got your investigation results back already?

Yea. As soon as we lynched and were in night mode I investigated SMC. I thought I had a good feeling about it but was dead wrong. So to answer your question. Yes I knew already.

What's with the friggin early role reveals lately?! Uuuuuuuuugh. Whomever is the doctor better get active (if you're not already), stay inconspicuous, and for the love of all that's holy, DO NOT role reveal. Make something up if you're called out (Peter Petrelli has already been used, so be original).

Obviously scratch that post above. Didn't see Vicious reveal until after posting. It sucks that it had to go down this way, but as long as the doc protects Vicious, he's at least safe until one night after the mafia finds the doc and in the meantime, he can be feeding us information. Of course, this is working under the assumption that he's telling the truth, but I'm not sure why mafia would've hinted towards a role this early on and put themself in the spotlight, so I am slightly more inclined to believe him. Then again, I'm not sure why ANYONE would hint towards a role that early.

We'll wait for a counter claimant but if one does not step forward, doctor protection for vicious. I think he's telling the truth though, that makes a lot of sense. I'm sorry dude, I screwed up. I mean, I noticed something didn't smell right but I didn't consider the fact that you may have used the investigation on SMC.

One thing is for certain, no one should vote to lynch Vicious for the rest of the game unless a counter claimant steps forward. And the doctor should protect Vicious.

It'd be easy for a counter claimant but take a look at my posts defending SMC's innocence. I was trying to avoid a bandwagon movement around him, and it totally backfired with him getting offed. It's my bad for not realizing not everyone has a role, it seemed last game everyone did, I just royally misplayed my hand on this one. Like I said all I have to offer is nothing because I investigated SMC. I can't share my PM's with EY.

One more thing. Give me a chance to prove myself obviously. You can off me and get confirmation from EY and lose your investigator. Or you can keep me alive, avoid the lynch, protect me and I can come back with a result on someone we're questions (WP, Norway, etc.) and I can say innocent or not.

It'd be easy for a counter claimant but take a look at my posts defending SMC's innocence. I was trying to avoid a bandwagon movement around him, and it totally backfired with him getting offed. It's my bad for not realizing not everyone has a role, it seemed last game everyone did, I just royally misplayed my hand on this one. Like I said all I have to offer is nothing because I investigated SMC. I can't share my PM's with EY.

It's not easy for a counter claimant unless you are lying Vicious. If you aren't lying about it, I wouldn't worry.

One more thing. Give me a chance to prove myself obviously. You can off me and get confirmation from EY and lose your investigator. Or you can keep me alive, avoid the lynch, protect me and I can come back with a result on someone we're questions (WP, Norway, etc.) and I can say innocent or not.

Don't announce innocents unless you are saving from a lynch.. We want guilty's out of you..

I'm thinking there should be no counter claim if there is one available. If vicious finds a guilty in the next day or two then we'll gladly lynch them. But I do believe the circumstances surrounding the reveal are very suspicious..

I recommend another course of action. I think you should only let us know if you find guilty findings, or you reveal it all if the doctor gets killed. Outing innocents makes them instant night kill targets as the doctor can't protect both of you and a universally confirmed innocent is too useful to the townies to let live. I think you should only out an innocent if we are on the verge of lynching one.

Archived