JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

Just caught that I missed this from earlier. As far as WP, the original point had merit and its only gotten more interesting from there. After the back and forth with JiF, he threw another few posts out and then once the topic successfully shifted off of him, that was it. I think he needs to feel the pressure so that at the very least he addresses this whole situation.

Vote: WP

I'm sure he'll have an excuse for it but the matter of the truth is he really only had one post of substance. Most of his posts are 3 words. He's stayed under the radar. He's only "happened" to pop up just to defend himself only to escape thanks to me. As much as I don't like Norway I think WP is a smarter lynch due to his inactivity or actually lack of substance contributed. I wouldn't be blown away if he comes out firing trying to divert the attention back to me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure he'll have an excuse for it but the matter of the truth is he really only had one post of substance. Most of his posts are 3 words. He's stayed under the radar. He's only "happened" to pop up just to defend himself only to escape thanks to me. As much as I don't like Norway I think WP is a smarter lynch due to his inactivity or actually lack of substance contributed. I wouldn't be blown away if he comes out firing trying to divert the attention back to me.

Anyone know if he's been posting elsewhere on the board, or possibly on JI today? As I mentioned earlier, I think he knew his goose was cooked and figured his only defense would be to avoid the game altogether, this way we'd all hear that little voice in the back of our heads saying "maybe that one post was just a coincidence".

Even if he's been legitimately busy, what are the odds he'd be busy for the beginning of the game, then suddenly freed up the minute he gets accused of something suspicious, then busy again.

Right now, our strongest "leads" are inactivity, and his is the most conspicuous on account of that one response to JiF.

Now I know why JB voted for herself. I'm fed up with this. Everyone vote for me cause I ain't gonna spend the entirety of the gaming defending myself.

Just ignore it and keep working towards finding mafia. Nobody is voting for you now and unless you give people a damn good reason to, anyone would have to be an idiot to do so.

Hey, no reason to make it personal! ;)

Anyone know if he's been posting elsewhere on the board, or possibly on JI today? As I mentioned earlier, I think he knew his goose was cooked and figured his only defense would be to avoid the game altogether, this way we'd all hear that little voice in the back of our heads saying "maybe that one post was just a coincidence".

Even if he's been legitimately busy, what are the odds he'd be busy for the beginning of the game, then suddenly freed up the minute he gets accused of something suspicious, then busy again.

Right now, our strongest "leads" are inactivity, and his is the most conspicuous on account of that one response to JiF.

No other posts. His Sig, or under his avatar says it all. Here for the mafia.

Still wish Thor was getting more heat. I know WP has that scummy post, but Thor's skating by unmolested (no homo). Shoutout noted that he waws largely inactive last game as well. So? If he's innocent he won't mind a little pressure.

No I agree that just because he was inactive last game doesn't make him innocent in this one too. I just think with Woody's scummy post makes his inactivity more notable than Thor's. I also think its interesting that Irish and War, 2 guys who certainly aren't afraid of building their post counts, have been so quiet during both of these games.

And BTW, Thor will be largely disappointed when he realizes he's going by unmolested. I'm thinking you may want to rethink the "no homo" comment when referring to Thor

Alright I didn't want to do this so early but I seem to not have much of a choice. I am the doctor. Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my computer for the most of the night. I have been busy with school work lately and have a couple of midterms this week. Thats why I have been posting so infrequently this game. Hopefully I won't get killed before I get a chance to get back to the computer which most likely won't be until tomorrow afternoon.

No other posts. His Sig, or under his avatar says it all. Here for the mafia.

I just checked, he only has 1 at JI today as well. 1 all day yesterday also..

Either he is really busy or clever enough to cover his tracks at JI.. He's an experienced player so I wouldn't put it past him to be honest.

Alright I didn't want to do this so early but I seem to not have much of a choice. I am the doctor. Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my computer for the most of the night. I have been busy with school work lately and have a couple of midterms this week. Thats why I have been posting so infrequently this game. Hopefully I won't get killed before I get a chance to get back to the computer which most likely won't be until tomorrow afternoon.

NO ONE COUNTER CLAIM.

Mother****er!

Anyone gonna counter claim this? Either way tonight we lose either our doctor or our cop

are you guys ****ing serious????

first things first - no counter claims!!

Wow this is bad. Very very bad. It could be genius because he has a built in lie with school and then protection because if we lynch him we possibly lose me. Or we find out it's a bold faced lie. I mean at least I came forth under the assumption I'd have protection. He's totally vulnerable.

Ah ****.

Unvote: WP

this is hard to buy...

It's hard for me to come out and say it with so many questions on me but I'd have to say... yea it's hard to buy. He's totally vulnerable now. Either way he buys himself 1 day or in over thinking it... he keeps himself in the game as no one is going to counter claim, they'd be exposed, and I'd have to investigate him.

Mother****er!

Anyone gonna counter claim this? Either way tonight we lose either our doctor or our cop

On second thought, no counter claims.

I'm not sure what to do now. If he's telling the truth we still lose him or Vic tonight. Of course, if both make it through the night alive, what does that tell us? Both are lying? One of them is lying? Both are telling the truth and the zombies are overthinking things?

****! ****! ****!

(Looks like I've been revealed as the guy with tourettes)

Unvote: WP, for now

Wow this is bad. Very very bad. It could be genius because he has a built in lie with school and then protection because if we lynch him we possibly lose me. Or we find out it's a bold faced lie. I mean at least I came forth under the assumption I'd have protection. He's totally vulnerable.

most times the doc can self protect...

If woody is the doc he needs to flip a coin on who to protect, himself or you. We then hope that the mafia gets unlucky if it shoots at one of them..

And he's smart enough to be lurking, he's definitely ghosting IMO.

The timing on this seems a bit convenient. These posts are only 4 minutes apart.

Hmm...

most times the doc can self protect...

If woody is the doc he needs to flip a coin on who to protect, himself or you. We then hope that the mafia gets unlucky if it shoots at one of them..

Let me ask you this then.... that's as bad as losing our doctor. He's gonna self - protect all game, or protect me and then get offed during the next night period? I understand my role reveal was a bit, no really dumb. But as long as we kept our doctor hidden, I would've been able to operate as a guiding hand. That's all taken away now. If he's mafia it's a perfect play. If we let him live... then it's a matter of who he protects, either way it gets me to the night way and I can investigate him and let everyone know... I dunno if that'll help. It also keeps me restrained on a massive innocent reveal, because I'd never know when I'd be NK'd or not.

Yeah, this is totally ****ed. If we assume you're both telling the truth, it definitely puts us in a bind in regards to losing someone. The only thing I remember from a previous game, and I think it was doggin who suggested it at the time, in a case like this you essentially tell the doc to flip a coin between protecting himself and the cop. At that point, the mafia either runs a 50-50 shot of getting the cop/doctor verses getting no NK or they take the sure thing and kill off some other random player. At the very least, it reduces the odds at least somewhat of us losing a power role player.

Of course, if one or both of you are lying, that creates a whole other mess.

Let me ask you this then.... that's as bad as losing our doctor. He's gonna self - protect all game, or protect me and then get offed during the next night period? I understand my role reveal was a bit, no really dumb. But as long as we kept our doctor hidden, I would've been able to operate as a guiding hand. That's all taken away now. If he's mafia it's a perfect play. If we let him live... then it's a matter of who he protects, either way it gets me to the night way and I can investigate him and let everyone know... I dunno if that'll help. It also keeps me restrained on a massive innocent reveal, because I'd never know when I'd be NK'd or not.

This all seems too convenient to me. This revelation was literally worst case scenario, and comes less than 5 minutes after you say he's definitely lurking and ready with a damn good excuse. WP is experienced and knew how bad it would be if we thought he's the doc. I don't think I buy this. It all adds up a bit too well if you ask me

Vote: Woody

Yeah, this is totally ****ed. If we assume you're both telling the truth, it definitely puts us in a bind in regards to losing someone. The only thing I remember from a previous game, and I think it was doggin who suggested it at the time, in a case like this you essentially tell the doc to flip a coin between protecting himself and the cop. At that point, the mafia either runs a 50-50 shot of getting the cop/doctor verses getting no NK or they take the sure thing and kill off some other random player. At the very least, it reduces the odds at least somewhat of us losing a power role player.

Of course, if one or both of you are lying, that creates a whole other mess.

But WP is very experience in Mafia. This is my 2nd game ever... and first with a sweet role. Do you think someone of his experience in that role would screw us like this? Listen, I'm fine with the coin flip. He'll do his thing.

I'm ok with doing the Martyr thing here. Let's have Woody protect himself. Get me to the night, let me investigate him, if he's innocent I wont post. If he's a Mafia I'll get the info out prior to my death, and you guys can go one for one. Our doctor will still be safe and kept secret if he is lying. If he's telling the truth he can self protect and help the team by figuring things out... Since we out# the Mafia we can hope a kill of one would be huge for us.

It's a great play if he's mafia. It ties our hands for the day and probably soaks up an investigation. Maybe they thought the real doc would counter claim giving them the cops head on a platter????

I'd say 80% chance he's lieing, at least. But if he's telling the truth and we lynch him we lose the game, no if's and's or butts about it. I'd prefer he be confirmed via investigation frankly unless someone can make a strong case otherwise..

It's taking me some time to digest this but I feel like there's a workable solution here other than the coin flip.

Be sure to share, cause as of right now all I can think of is kinda giving myself up here to find him out. Like I said a 1 for 1 trade at the beginning of the game isn't a bad thing for the townies.

Archived