JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

Ok, maybe someone needs to explain this to me better, but I'm not seeing the benefit in lynching Woody right now. Granted, I'm not sure I believe him either, but why take the risk when we can just as easily, and far more assuredly, get him tomorrow? If we lynch Woody today and we're wrong, this game is as good as over. There's obviously more than just one mafia member in the game, so its not like even if Woody is guilty, we are incapable of finding and killing another one today. If Woody is guilty, we're actually in good shape for tonight even in keeping him alive. That means our real doctor is safely hidden away and Vicious will get his protection and can get his results on Woody. Outside of maybe saying we "wasted" an investigation on Woody when we could've lynched him today, I'm not sure what we lose there. On the flip side, if we're wrong and Woody's the real doc then both the doc and cop are dead by morning.

The potential benefit in moving to lynch Woody today is so slight compared to the potential downfall of being wrong being so huge. Waiting a day on Woody to be sure of what side he's on isn't going to lose us the game, handing the mafia our doc and cop on a silver platter, most certainly would.

The only way this doesn't work out is if Vicious is mafia, since then he could be feeding us bogus info tomorrow, but in that case it adds another level of complication which certainly won't be sorted out by lynching Woody today anyway.

What about if Woody and Vic are both lying? That seems a very likely scenario. Both of them claimed their roles really quickly. I don't think either of them where even at halfway their before they claimed them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would a doctor know whether he's a Godfather or not? I thought docs just got to protect, not get townie/mafia alignment info?

My point is this, Godfather roles typically return an innocent result on a cops investigation. If I investigate WP, I turn up an innocent and we still have a real doctor out there who is like wait, WTF I'M THE DOCTOR, then we know that WP is the godfather or at least has a role that can turn up innocent in an investigation.

BG- I'm willing to wait some things out, I think SO and I are on the same page that too much of what we're doing is predicated on possibilities. Possibly I live. Possibly we win out, etc. For me we can call his bluff just like in poker and knock him out of the game. I mean think about it, this is like a game of poker... and he showed us pocket rockets in the second hand. It's a bit unorthodox for someone as experienced as him.

I'll say it again, I am down to do whatever the town wants. I'm just pointing out if we go after WP and he is telling the truth then I'm next. I'm dead either way, and I'd rather go down calling out a bluff then playing it safe and praying it works out.

This scenario actually makes a lot of sense, and might be the best plan so far. Does an investigation show "doctor" or just "innocent"? That makes a difference for sure.

Innocent. I think I've said that 9 times.

WHEN I INVESTIGATED SMC IT SAID INNOCENT, NOT ROLELESS TOWNIE. I DON'T THINK I FIND OUT ROLES.

What about if Woody and Vic are both lying? That seems a very likely scenario. Both of them claimed their roles really quickly. I don't think either of them where even at halfway their before they claimed them.

No offense big guy... that's kinda dumb. One of us is going to die, you think mafia wants that? That's why I think a lot of this is predicated on if there is a real doctor out there they'll have to step up and give us the truth.

The only way we could pull this off if we were working together is me pushing for the "coin-flip" say WP is innocent, have the real doctor waste his protection on me and then I keep operating as mafia with WP. I'm pushing for the straight up lynch. If a real doctor saw that WP is lying and he revealed to us that he's the real doctor, then we lynch Woody... and that'd still be the mafia giving up one of their own.

Innocent. I think I've said that 9 times.

WHEN I INVESTIGATED SMC IT SAID INNOCENT, NOT ROLELESS TOWNIE. I DON'T THINK I FIND OUT ROLES.

Right, then how does this, taken from your post above, make sense:

"My point is this, Godfather roles typically return an innocent result on a cops investigation. If I investigate WP, I turn up an innocent and we still have a real doctor out there who is like wait, WTF I'M THE DOCTOR, then we know that WP is the godfather or at least has a role that can turn up innocent in an investigation."

I mean, there will be no way to tell. Since WP won't come up "doctor", there is no way to tell if he's a Godfather or the doc. You're not making sense.

I think Crush is right, you both smell right now. Two ill-advised, early role reveals?

One of you is scum, if not both.

My point is this, Godfather roles typically return an innocent result on a cops investigation. If I investigate WP, I turn up an innocent and we still have a real doctor out there who is like wait, WTF I'M THE DOCTOR, then we know that WP is the godfather or at least has a role that can turn up innocent in an investigation.

BG- I'm willing to wait some things out, I think SO and I are on the same page that too much of what we're doing is predicated on possibilities. Possibly I live. Possibly we win out, etc. For me we can call his bluff just like in poker and knock him out of the game. I mean think about it, this is like a game of poker... and he showed us pocket rockets in the second hand. It's a bit unorthodox for someone as experienced as him.

I'll say it again, I am down to do whatever the town wants. I'm just pointing out if we go after WP and he is telling the truth then I'm next. I'm dead either way, and I'd rather go down calling out a bluff then playing it safe and praying it works out.

No we just have two people turning up "innocent", both claiming doc. No way to tell which one is lying.

Right, then how does this, taken from your post above, make sense:

"My point is this, Godfather roles typically return an innocent result on a cops investigation. If I investigate WP, I turn up an innocent and we still have a real doctor out there who is like wait, WTF I'M THE DOCTOR, then we know that WP is the godfather or at least has a role that can turn up innocent in an investigation."

I mean, there will be no way to tell. Since WP won't come up "doctor", there is no way to tell if he's a Godfather or the doc. You're not making sense.

I think Crush is right, you both smell right now. Two ill-advised, early role reveals?

One of you is scum, if not both.

Then I propose let's go after him. I've been totally active and open to anything you guys want. It'd be easier to clear my name if we get him and I can investigate from that night phase with doctor protection. If he's lying, we win, and I can investigate someone else, who I'm pretty sure is mafia. That gives us the possibility of going 2 for 2, that'd cripple the mafia. If we're wrong, then I'm dead due to either a NK or a lynch.

I don't know how I'm not making sense though.

WP is saying he's the doctor

If he's lying we have a doctor hiding peacefully.

If WP is a godfather role, he'd come back innocent to me

I investigate him, I see innocent.

If the real doctor sees this HE KNOWS WP IS LYING, and at that point we can have that doctor come forth and we can get WP.

This is all predicated on us getting to the night phase of course.

Then I propose let's go after him. I've been totally active and open to anything you guys want. It'd be easier to clear my name if we get him and I can investigate from that night phase with doctor protection. If he's lying, we win, and I can investigate someone else, who I'm pretty sure is mafia. That gives us the possibility of going 2 for 2, that'd cripple the mafia. If we're wrong, then I'm dead due to either a NK or a lynch.

I don't know how I'm not making sense though.

WP is saying he's the doctor

If he's lying we have a doctor hiding peacefully.

If WP is a godfather role, he'd come back innocent to me

I investigate him, I see innocent.

If the real doctor sees this HE KNOWS WP IS LYING, and at that point we can have that doctor come forth and we can get WP.

This is all predicated on us getting to the night phase of course.

Yes but again, what makes the 2nd doctor claim any more valid? They're both just going to come up "innocent". As you yourself have said 9 times :P, the player just comes up as "innocent", not as "role-less townie", not as "doctor", not as "serial fister"....just "innocent".

Yes but again, what makes the 2nd doctor claim any more valid? They're both just going to come up "innocent". As you yourself have said 9 times :P, the player just comes up as "innocent", not as "role-less townie", not as "doctor", not as "serial fister"....just "innocent".

Then if that's your mentality there's no stopping a mafia member from jumping in after the woody investigation and say I'M THE DOCTOR HE'S LYING. And we still lynch Woody, which will still lead to my death either way.

I say we go hard or go home. I'm willing to stake my life in this game on it.

Seriously, this un****ingbelievable.

WTF!?!

Woody is lying, Im convinced. Look at what he has done. The guy knows this game and knew this would send the town in tail spin.

And where is Mr. Woody now? He conveniently roel reveals to save his ass and then he mysteriously disappears and gives the town no help on figuring out our next steps.

I dont buy it at all.

I am having a hard time changing my vote, a very hard time.

However, like others have pointed out, how can we lynch him now?

Unvote: Woody

Vote: Thor

Lets get Thor talking.

Seriously, this un****ingbelievable.

WTF!?!

Woody is lying, Im convinced. Look at what he has done. The guy knows this game and knew this would send the town in tail spin.

And where is Mr. Woody now? He conveniently roel reveals to save his ass and then he mysteriously disappears and gives the town no help on figuring out our next steps.

I dont buy it at all.

I am having a hard time changing my vote, a very hard time.

However, like others have pointed out, how can we lynch him now?

Unvote: Woody

Vote: Thor

Lets get Thor talking.

If the rest of the town agrees with going that route and going after thor that's ok with me.

My only point to you who say "we can't lynch Woody" is that if you feel strongly he's lying, then its' telling us ALL something. I feel like we're all 90/10 on his guilt, yet we're letting that 10% dictate the play. Don't you think that's what he wanted?

And if he is the doctor then we were wrong, I'm dead for sure, but at least you have a shot at take some more of the mafia out.

Then if that's your mentality there's no stopping a mafia member from jumping in after the woody investigation and say I'M THE DOCTOR HE'S LYING. And we still lynch Woody, which will still lead to my death either way.

I say we go hard or go home. I'm willing to stake my life in this game on it.

Not sure what that means Vic. I'm not saying we would lynch WP after a 2nd doc claim at all, since, as I say, that claim would not prove to be anymore authentic after investigation.

But it is a huge gamble to lynch WP, no question. Just makes it seem that much more likley that he's scum. If he's really the doc, he'd have had to foreseen how his early, ill-advised, unnecessary reveal would creat a total cluster***** for the town. It just seems like a brilliant ploy, knowing how reluctant we'd be to risk killing out doc, despite never being able to prove that he his/isn't.

Not sure what that means Vic. I'm not saying we would lynch WP after a 2nd doc claim at all, since, as I say, that claim would not prove to be anymore authentic after investigation.

But it is a huge gamble to lynch WP, no question. Just makes it seem that much more likley that he's scum. If he's really the doc, he'd have had to foreseen how his early, ill-advised, unnecessary reveal would creat a total cluster***** for the town. It just seems like a brilliant ploy, knowing how reluctant we'd be to risk killing out doc, despite never being able to prove that he his/isn't.

That's what I'm saying. At least if there was another cop... he'd investigate me TONIGHT and reveal the results to you guys tomorrow cause if I'm lying, he's still safe. I revealed myself after reading CTM's post that in some games, the cop reveals himself and gets doctor protection. I slipped up in saying I had a "role" so either way I would get killed by the mafia. In coming out as a cop I'd hope to have doctor protection. That's been taken away now.

Guys... he's destroying anything we had going. We have to lynch him. It's too convenient to say "Hey I'm the doctor, see you guys later"

If we are even 75% sure we need to lynch him. If he's not the doctor, and I don't get NK'd PLEASE lynch me then. I'm literally begging you guys to lynch me if that's the case, that way we dont' keep wasting times on "Well, he's lying, no he's not".

Alright I didn't want to do this so early but I seem to not have much of a choice. I am the doctor. Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my computer for the most of the night. I have been busy with school work lately and have a couple of midterms this week. Thats why I have been posting so infrequently this game. Hopefully I won't get killed before I get a chance to get back to the computer which most likely won't be until tomorrow afternoon.

Maybe we should just wait until he's back, which he said would be this afternoon. If he does not return to shed more light, we'll know what's up. We know CTM and SO will not be able to weigh in further until later anyway, and perhaps Doggin will be able to return by then.

Man, the Zombia, whoever they are, have to be sitting back enjoying the hell out if this. :confused:

Maybe we should just wait until he's back, which he said would be this afternoon. If he does not return to shed more light, we'll know what's up. We know CTM and SO will not be able to weigh in further until later anyway, and perhaps Doggin will be able to return by then.

Man, the Zombia, whoever they are, have to be sitting back enjoying the hell out if this. :confused:

Basically.

JiF said he's busy today too. And I'll be busy tonight. I'm drawing a line in the sand, I think we should go after WP. The more time he has, the more time he can figure out excuses.

That's what I'm saying. At least if there was another cop... he'd investigate me TONIGHT and reveal the results to you guys tomorrow cause if I'm lying, he's still safe. I revealed myself after reading CTM's post that in some games, the cop reveals himself and gets doctor protection. I slipped up in saying I had a "role" so either way I would get killed by the mafia. In coming out as a cop I'd hope to have doctor protection. That's been taken away now.

Guys... he's destroying anything we had going. We have to lynch him. It's too convenient to say "Hey I'm the doctor, see you guys later"

If we are even 75% sure we need to lynch him. If he's not the doctor, and I don't get NK'd PLEASE lynch me then. I'm literally begging you guys to lynch me if that's the case, that way we dont' keep wasting times on "Well, he's lying, no he's not".

If there's another cop no investigation needs to be done. You are mafia. Either that or you are a roleless townie posing as the cop to save yourself and that's something I don't think you would do. In either case, you would be lying and liars get lynched.

And asking to be lynched does nothing for us. You know we can't lynch you until we confirm that you aren't the real cop.

Is there any way you can ask EY if you would find out the doctor role if you investigated him? Seems it would be fair since the chance of finding the doctor randomly is 1/16 to start with.

If there's another cop no investigation needs to be done. You are mafia. Either that or you are a roleless townie posing as the cop to save yourself and that's something I don't think you would do. In either case, you would be lying and liars get lynched.

And asking to be lynched does nothing for us. You know we can't lynch you until we confirm that you aren't the real cop.

Is there any way you can ask EY if you would find out the doctor role if you investigated him? Seems it would be fair since the chance of finding the doctor randomly is 1/16 to start with.

Like I said, I know for a fact all I'm gonna find out is townie or mafia. Not "role of" townie and "role of" mafia.

There is no other cop so I'm not even gonna get into it.

Those are the 6 candidates i'm putting forward for the next lynch. Out of those 6, I think Thor and War Ensemble are contributing the least.

1. Doggin94it

2. Thor99

3. Irish Jet

4. War Ensemble

5. shutout

6. WoodyPaige

7. Crusher

8. Jets Things

10. Vicious98x

11. CTM

12. Norway

13. JiF

15. Bleedin' Green

16. JVOR

Vote War Ensemble

I propose two wagons going on between Thor and War Ensemble. I don't know about you guys but I don't know much about them so it's beneficial to the town if they start contributing more.

For god's sake though, if anyone is a counter claimant, don't come forth unless you absolutely absolutely must. If you say anything earlier than one or two votes away from lynch you are hurting the town and i'm personally going to disregard it as mafia action.

I'm voting him because honestly he hasn't posted enough

Those are the 6 candidates i'm putting forward for the next lynch. Out of those 6, I think Thor and War Ensemble are contributing the least.

1. Doggin94it

2. Thor99

3. Irish Jet

4. War Ensemble

5. shutout

6. WoodyPaige

7. Crusher

8. Jets Things

10. Vicious98x

11. CTM

12. Norway

13. JiF

15. Bleedin' Green

16. JVOR

Vote War Ensemble

I propose two wagons going on between Thor and War Ensemble. I don't know about you guys but I don't know much about them so it's beneficial to the town if they start contributing more.

For god's sake though, if anyone is a counter claimant, don't come forth unless you absolutely absolutely must. If you say anything earlier than one or two votes away from lynch you are hurting the town and i'm personally going to disregard it as mafia action.

If I make it to the night phase there is one of those guys I will be investigating. One of them is VERY suspicious to me.

If I make it to the night phase there is one of those guys I will be investigating. One of them is VERY suspicious to me.

You'll make it to the night phase, it's whether you survive the night phase that's in question.

I'll add this though. If Woody doesn't start posting frequently i'm going to assume he's not worth keeping around as a doctor anyways. There is absolutely ZERO reason for an outted doctor to fade into the background without giving information. Absolutely zero.

Norway (2) - CTM, Thor99

WoodyPaige (4) - Irish Jet, Vicious98x, shutout, Norway

Thor99 (1) - JiF

War Ensemble (1) - JVOR

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

*With 14 players elidigible, we have 8 votes tallied.

Jeez. I really have been trying to contribute as much as possible.

I really don't know what to think about this game. So much crazy **** has happened with these "role reveals". I don't believe Woody but I'm not going to take the risk that he is actually the doctor. This game has been screwed up.

For now - Unvote: WP

You'll make it to the night phase, it's whether you survive the night phase that's in question.

I'll add this though. If Woody doesn't start posting frequently i'm going to assume he's not worth keeping around as a doctor anyways. There is absolutely ZERO reason for an outted doctor to fade into the background without giving information. Absolutely zero.

He has "midterms". He literally role revealed and said "Yea i'll be gone too for the next day or two so don't kill me, later"

All I've been trying to point out is there LOTS of outs for Woody if I get NK'd. I'm fine going into the night phase with the possibility of death. Let's not forget EY decided to rule that I can't post my results until AFTER night phase is over.

1. Doggin94it

2. Thor99

3. Irish Jet

4. War Ensemble

5. shutout

6. WoodyPaige

7. Crusher

8. Jets Things

10. Vicious98x

11. CTM

12. Norway

13. JiF

15. Bleedin' Green

16. JVOR

Vote War Ensemble

It's just as easy to point a finger at you, guy. And Doggin and CTM - the game's two most experienced players - are beyond suspicion at this point. Your witch hunt amuses me.

+1

Vote: JetsBabe. Let's put her feet to the fire (careful of the pedicure, though).

This is Jets Things one and only sole vote. The ****ty thing about Jets Babe is that she was acting so guilty you can't blame anybody for voting for her.

Still, he's been doing a lot of after the fact commentaries. And, with only one vote in the game, he's not offering any sort of pattern to track.

This is Jets Things one and only sole vote. The ****ty thing about Jets Babe is that she was acting so guilty you can't blame anybody for voting for her.

Still, he's been doing a lot of after the fact commentaries. And, with only one vote in the game, he's not offering any sort of pattern to track.

I see. So someone has to have an easily tracked voting pattern in order to be considered a townie? Interesting logic.

No, but it's more than logical for a mafia member to withhold votes as much to possible to not have a pattern established.

So if I vote for WP, Thor, or Vicious and they turn out to be townies, I've established what could be viewed as a mafia pattern. Doesn't mean I'm mafia. It means we haven't gotten enough evidence to make an informed vote.

Archived