JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

I'm also kind of suspicious on his statement of Doggin's innocence. It isn't based off of anything Doggin's said, but based off of some pretty faulty probability logic.

I said Doggin is LIKELY innocent, simply by the numbers in the game.

"I'm going to wait until the resident expert weighs in before casting a vote." Where is the "faulty probability logic" in that?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said Doggin is LIKELY innocent, simply by the numbers in the game.

"I'm going to wait until the resident expert weighs in before casting a vote." Where is the "faulty probability logic" in that?

And you are flatly wrong about the numbers. Assuming EY used a random generator, experience has zero influence in who is mafia. The odds of CTM and Doggin being mafia together is exactly the same as two inexperienced players being mafia.

Sorry i meant to clarify. I put it up there because I wanted to show what post Jets Things was referring to when he said "both of them are scum" (CTM and Doggin) I didn't mean to imply that I had a problem with something that you said, more of what his response to what you said is.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I said I SUSPECT CTM and Doggin. I never flat out said I thought they were scum. Read back and then apologize.

Bro, I've been bashed for two days, two days straight. I'm a little worn out with it. Call me human.

Woody is getting a free pass, and he ain't said ****.

You are so sensitive. Whats the deal?

You are actually starting to make me think that EY created a role for you. You are a character that has been bitten and is hiding it. Now you are slowly going zombie on us. Possibly why you became so defensive so quickly. Now you are fighting off your zombie fate.

If not, chill the **** out. Nobody is letting Woody of the hook. WP conveniently isnt posting nearly as much as you are so he isnt going to be able to answer our questions and suspicious. Everyone is admitting they dont buy WP's reveal, he just has disappeared since, unlike you.

You are so sensitive. Whats the deal?

You are actually starting to make me think that EY created a role for you. You are a character that has been bitten and is hiding it. Now you are slowly going zombie on us. Possibly why you became so defensive so quickly. Now you are fighting off your zombie fate.

If not, chill the **** out. Nobody is letting Woody of the hook. WP conveniently isnt posting nearly as much as you are so he isnt going to be able to answer our questions and suspicious. Everyone is admitting they dont buy WP's reveal, he just has disappeared since, unlike you.

Like I said, I'm just tired of defending myself. I'm gonna participate in every aspect besides defending myself. It get EVERYONE nowhere and ends up pissing me off after 2 days.

And you are flatly wrong about the numbers. Assuming EY used a random generator, experience has zero influence in who is mafia. The odds of CTM and Doggin being mafia together is exactly the same as two inexperienced players being mafia.

Check my posts in this thread. Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't mention experience and random generator together. Everyone, JVoR is a zombie.

Sorry i meant to clarify. I put it up there because I wanted to show what post Jets Things was referring to when he said "both of them are scum" (CTM and Doggin) I didn't mean to imply that I had a problem with something that you said, more of what his response to what you said is.

Gotcha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiF viewpost.gif

I didnt think so, but wanted to get your opinions.

Vic, I think SMC thought CTM was on to something, but he also mentioned that CTM and Doggin are players that could easily take the town for a ride.

Trust no one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets Things viewpost.gif

While agree with this statement, with a random role drawing, I think it's pretty unlikely that they're BOTH scum so it's probably safe to assume that one of them is on our side.

Jets Things, I never said that you thought they were scum. What i'm pointing out is that you are saying it's safe to assume on of them is on our side?

Assume one of them is on our side? How? That makes zero sense. The odds of CTM and Doggin being mafia are EXACTLY the same as two inexperienced players being mafia. The distribution was random.

With 14 players in the game, only 8 have voted. Be warned.

Quoted for emphasis for JT and JVOR who have now voted for each other, which accomplishes...wait what does that accomplish again?

Lets go guys. We've all admitted we don't buy Woody's reveal. Some have said they don't buy Vic's. Yet too many are scared of the slim chance they may be telling the truth. Talk about faulty probability logic...

How about we get back to the plan we seemed to have agreed on, pick off an inactive and get to the night period so we can ****ing learn something new.

IJ

WE

WP

These guys kinda dropped off, WP said he had midterms but if that's the case he needs to quit this game like RJF did, that's the right thing to do.

Thor is gone again too. Doggin at least gave us a heads up he wouldn't be around.

If everyone else is too scared of that 1% chance Woody told the truth, we need to just pick an inactive before EY does something sinister to us. I personally think Thor is the best option as he was inactive, posted 3 really odd and suspicious posts consecutively, and then went inactive again.

Quoted for emphasis for JT and JVOR who have now voted for each other, which accomplishes...wait what does that accomplish again?

Lets go guys. We've all admitted we don't buy Woody's reveal. Some have said they don't buy Vic's. Yet too many are scared of the slim chance they may be telling the truth. Talk about faulty probability logic...

How about we get back to the plan we seemed to have agreed on, pick off an inactive and get to the night period so we can ****ing learn something new.

I know, I feel like we go from one thing to the next. Yet we all wait for Doggin's almighty word to move us in a direction. So he'll swoop in and tell us his thoughts and we'll all rally behind that?

Let's think for ourselves here.

I've states multiple times Woody is lying. But you are all very unwilling to vote him, I'm ok with this. Why? Cause I can investigate him.

So the next topic is pressure an inactive. IJ and WE have both fallen off this. CTM gave us an excuse of work, Doggin is work and holiday, WP gave us midterms (conviniently). What other present inactives am I missing here.

Thor is gone again too. Doggin at least gave us a heads up he wouldn't be around.

If everyone else is too scared of that 1% chance Woody told the truth, we need to just pick an inactive before EY does something sinister to us. I personally think Thor is the best option as he was inactive, posted 3 really odd and suspicious posts consecutively, and then went inactive again.

Thor, that was it. I have my vote in there for his suspicious posts and now his inactivity confirms my suspicions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiF viewpost.gif

I didnt think so, but wanted to get your opinions.

Vic, I think SMC thought CTM was on to something, but he also mentioned that CTM and Doggin are players that could easily take the town for a ride.

Trust no one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets Things viewpost.gif

While agree with this statement, with a random role drawing, I think it's pretty unlikely that they're BOTH scum so it's probably safe to assume that one of them is on our side.

Jets Things, I never said that you thought they were scum. What i'm pointing out is that you are saying it's safe to assume on of them is on our side?

Assume one of them is on our side? How? That makes zero sense. The odds of CTM and Doggin being mafia are EXACTLY the same as two inexperienced players being mafia. The distribution was random.

Exactly. You could flip a coin 50 times and it could wind up heads every time. But eliminate the 50/50 probability and say there's a 12% chance that BOTH of them are zombies (15 players [16 if you count the fact that JB is dead], let's assume 4 zombies) - that leaves 88% that both of them are NOT zombies. Random distribution, yes, but the chance that both CTM and Doggin are BOTH zombies is unlikely.

JT and JVOR. I think you guys need to drop your debate. We got 4 votes in on Thor who has posted suspiciously and isnt' feeling heat yet. I think we should pressure him for some answers and think your votes could be better used there.

Also, Crusher is very on and off, a quick burst, then gone for a long time. This is a guy who missed last game and has been dying to play. Just an FYI.

With 14 players in the game, only 8 have voted. Be warned.

Alright, this should be ominous enough for all of us to get our crap together. As far as I'm concerned Vicious and Woody are hands-off right now, so while there may be more suspicious guys than Thor in this game, he's the only one anywhere close and at the very least, I'm fine with turning the pressure up.

Vote: Thor

Alright, this should be ominous enough for all of us to get our crap together. As far as I'm concerned Vicious and Woody are hands-off right now, so while there may be more suspicious guys than Thor in this game, he's the only one anywhere close and at the very least, I'm fine with turning the pressure up.

If we get to night phase and I'm alive I'm investigating Woody. If the doctor is out there, PROTECT ME. That way we can settle this whole debate.

JT and JVOR. I think you guys need to drop your debate. We got 4 votes in on Thor who has posted suspiciously and isnt' feeling heat yet. I think we should pressure him for some answers and think your votes could be better used there.

Also, Crusher is very on and off, a quick burst, then gone for a long time. This is a guy who missed last game and has been dying to play. Just an FYI.

Unvote: Jets Things

JT and JVOR I appreciate it.

Of course even if JT does eventually put his vote on Thor that's still only 7, and at this point the only other person who's been around whatsoever tonight is JiF.

Literally everyone else seems to have vanished. Thor (obviously), Irish, WE, WP have all been pretty inactive from the start, but now Doggin's got other things going on, CTM has work, and what happened to Crusher and Norway?

Of course even if JT does eventually put his vote on Thor that's still only 7, and at this point the only other person who's been around whatsoever tonight is JiF.

Literally everyone else seems to have vanished. Thor (obviously), Irish, WE, WP have all been pretty inactive from the start, but now Doggin's got other things going on, CTM has work, and what happened to Crusher and Norway?

We don't need a lynch right now. We want pressure, we want answers. If he's gonna dip off we need to get rid of inactives because they're an unknown quantity until late in the game.

We've got a ton of pages of content... with only 12 comments TOTAL from Thor. He randomly voted for Woody after he said it'd be too dangerous to lynch either of us.

War Ensemble and IJ have totally disappeared though. We should keep this in mind if we do end up voting for Thor.

Bed. I'll check back sometime in the AM, but unlikely I'll be able to contribute until after 2pm (work appointment until 1:30ish).

Same here, only I won't be around until the evening due to work again (7-8pm).

Hopefully EY doesn't get too impatient with us and some of the inactive people return and respond to any pressure.

Sorry guys, non-zombie life is getting in the way.

Since I'm up against it, time for my role reveal....

I'm a role-less townie. Pretty much useless.

I don't forsee myself being able to be here too much over the next couple of days, so if there is someone who wants my place, they're welcome to it.

RaoulDuke will be replacing Thor99.

I am capping your ability to vote for him until he makes his first game based post.

I have given him a brief synopsis and hopefully he will be joining shortly.

-------------------------------------

Norway (1) - CTM

WoodyPaige (1) - The Crusher

RaoulDuke (6) - JiF, Norway, shutout, Vicious89x, Bleedin' Green, JVOR

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

Very good point . Smart, savvy player, who has been waiting to play for a while. Has been very quiet, excpet for short spurts, yet has not faced any scrutiny.

But also agree with you point above that, let's put more heat on Thor. There's no momentum for anything, we're running out of time, and EY intimate sthat we won't like th eresult if we don't reach a decision

Archived