JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

Just want to bring up a point and dont' know whether it's suspicious or not. CTM and Doggin have been in together on practically every single vote. I didn't see CTM vote for JB, but early on they both voted for IJ, Myself, and now they're voting together again. They also were always one right behind the other.

Dunno if that means anything to you guys, but I can't figure out if CTM is just that big of a Doggin fanboy or if it means something else.

I dunno, if there's one thing people who are mafia are careful of is not creating patterns when voting. or maybe it's reverse psychology "do you think we'd be stupid enough??..etc"

Doggin seems like a friggin Jedi Master in these games I'd follow him anywhere.

But I won't, that would be suspicious. ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CTM's Norway vote is 2 days old though.

Not sure I trust either of them anyway. I keep going back to that post about how they're the 2 most experienced players and could take the town for a ride. They haven't done anything overly suspicious to me, but I'm not going to show them reverence for their experience, but rather hesitation.

Part of me feels that way. I mean hell we were waiting on his words like he's going to have all the answers. I mean he's pulling the argument away from me which is great, but at the same time how do we find out about Woody?

Anyways, I'm ok going after Norway but I agree with his statement... if Norway is lynched it won't look good. That's why we really need the doctor (whether Woody or not) to protect me. Why? Because it'd be a perfect set up for Doggin

Get us to lynch a townie

Get to night phase

Kill the Cop

Save his fellow mafioso Woody

This is all prevented if the doctor protects me

Well as I've said, I'm suspicious of Norway and how his whole situation panned out. I want to see where this goes and think its time to turn up the pressure a little. Furthermore, he's the only person with more than one vote and with our newly imposed lynch deadline and the rather ominous posts from EY yesterday, we need to make a move.

Vote: Norway

Norway (4) - CTM, Doggin94it, Vicious89x, Bleedin' Green

WoodyPaige (1) - The Crusher

RaoulDuke (1) - Norway

The Crusher (1) - JiF

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

Deadline: Thursday - High Noon. Only 7 votes currently. Be Warned.

It actually does make sense.

And the fact that you didnt change your vote even after I pointed that out makes me even more suspicious of you.

I would be willing to change my vote of Crusher if the town feels Norway is scum...he is definitely on my list.

No it does not make sense. It's pretty stupid, actually. Scum doesn't need to read everything closely unless they're under alot of heat? That actually makes sense to you?

I was trying to catch up, saw Vic's post, responded with my post, had to run and catch my bus, no time to read the rest of the thread.

And it' suspicious that I didn't change my vote because of something you said? Didn't know you were the voting bell-cow. :rolleyes:

Well as I've said, I'm suspicious of Norway and how his whole situation panned out. I want to see where this goes and think its time to turn up the pressure a little. Furthermore, he's the only person with more than one vote and with our newly imposed lynch deadline and the rather ominous posts from EY yesterday, we need to make a move.

BG how do you feel if say Norway is an innocent. Do we start to question Doggin? I see us going after Norway who has been fishy, but at the same time I'd love to see us go after inactives.

IJ and WE specifically.

Crusher has been slightly fishy too.

You only have one vote, what are you worried about. If/when I feel more definitive about someone else, I well. Until then, eat cat poop!

LOL, more definitive than a guy who just showed up?

I haven't read everything so don't read too much into my vote. I've read the last few pages and the following struck me as odd to say the least.

If you can explain it, I'm all ears, but it smells like poop.

The linkage to JVoR ("even though he's voting for me, I'm sure he's innocent") reads like classic mafia signaling (knowing who the innocent players are and trying to get "I told you so" points). )

No it does not make sense. It's pretty stupid, actually. Scum doesn't need to read everything closely unless they're under alot of heat? That actually makes sense to you?

I was trying to catch up, saw Vic's post, responded with my post, had to run and catch my bus, no time to read the rest of the thread.

And it' suspicious that I didn't change my vote because of something you said? Didn't know you were the voting bell-cow. :rolleyes:

It makes sense to me because I have won this game as mafia and I literally didnt read the thread at all.

And yet you still havent changed your vote...

Unvote: Crusher

LOL, more definitive than a guy who just showed up?

I haven't read everything so don't read too much into my vote. I've read the last few pages and the following struck me as odd to say the least.

If you can explain it, I'm all ears, but it smells like poop.

Again, you only have one vote, what's the rush. I'll change my vote, if I change it, when I feel compelled to.

Also, are you asking me to explain that second quote? It's not mine.

Hey, vote away fellas. I'm getting cabin fever from being in this mall for so long, a lynching is beginning to sound like an ok alternative. But when I show as a townie, which sure as day I will, remember who pushed flimsy cases against me, in lieu of better candidates. They'll either look foolish or scummish.

Norway (6) - CTM, Doggin94it, Vicious89x, Bleedin' Green, Raoul Duke, JiF

WoodyPaige (1) - The Crusher

RaoulDuke (1) - Norway

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

Deadline: Thursday - High Noon. Only 8 votes currently. Be Warned.

Part of me feels that way. I mean hell we were waiting on his words like he's going to have all the answers. I mean he's pulling the argument away from me which is great, but at the same time how do we find out about Woody?

Anyways, I'm ok going after Norway but I agree with his statement... if Norway is lynched it won't look good. That's why we really need the doctor (whether Woody or not) to protect me. Why? Because it'd be a perfect set up for Doggin

Get us to lynch a townie

Get to night phase

Kill the Cop

If there's a doctor out there who is not Woody then he knows Woody is a liar (therefore deserves no protection) and should absolutely be protecting you. If the doc is Woody, well we've already discussed that. Now granted, there's always the possibility that you're mafia and its a wasted protection, but in this case its certainly worth the risk. Even if you are lying, the real cop is still safely hidden so unless the mafia got lucky, it probably won't be an issue.

So you're me to explain Doggin's quote? Did you go to the Jif Special School for Logic?

I thought JiF's school was for fat chicks only ?

Stop being stupid. Doggin was apparently pointing out how you 'came to the rescue' of JVOR saying you were sure he was innocent. Why? How?

If there's a doctor out there who is not Woody then he knows Woody is a liar (therefore deserves no protection) and should absolutely be protecting you. If the doc is Woody, well we've already discussed that. Now granted, there's always the possibility that you're mafia and its a wasted protection, but in this case its certainly worth the risk. Even if you are lying, the real cop is still safely hidden so unless the mafia got lucky, it probably won't be an issue.

In the case I'm mafia you're cop is safe and he should be investigating me. Granted I do think the Mafia has a perfect play to get rid of me next go round. I have a tough choice on who to investigate, as I have a bunch of people I want to investigate.

How exactly will we know soon enough if woody is for real?

when woody turns up dead, another doctor turns up dead or another player claims doctor..

actually doggin is right, woody shouldn't be investigated, the scum will either kill him or hit the real doc eventually at which point we know who he is. Investigation is a waste

I thought JiF's school was for fat chicks only ?

Stop being stupid. Doggin was apparently pointing out how you 'came to the rescue' of JVOR saying you were sure he was innocent. Why? How?

Stop being dense. It's Doggin's quote/opinion, ask him for fu*ks' sake. I don't agree at all, how/why would I defend his point. But I never said I was sure he was innocent, I'm pretty sure.

Where the hell has logic gone? Come back logic, come back! :D

when woody turns up dead, another doctor turns up dead or another player claims doctor..

actually doggin is right, woody shouldn't be investigated, the scum will either kill him or hit the real doc eventually at which point we know who he is. Investigation is a waste

But putting this issue to bed by me investigating him is a waste?

How exactly will we know soon enough if woody is for real?

If woody is false, then:

1) The real doc will protect vicious, vicious will definitely survive the night, and - unless woody is a godfather, which would be a heck of a coincidence, vicious might or might not be in position to reveal woody as mafia

2) even if that (vicious' investigation of woody) doesn't happen, at some point we will either lynch the real doctor or the real doctor will be NK'd - at which point woody will be revealed as Mafia.

Guys if Norway is innocent I think we immediately need to question CTM, Doggin, WP. I'm not sure if EY would've stacked the teams but it's quite possible CTM and Doggin are working together and that is bad news for the town.

You can't make any assumptions based on if it seems like "stacking teams" or anything. Its typically common practice that team assignments are 100% random. So its just as possible that they are on the same side as it is for any other two random individuals. While it merits keeping an eye on, its still early and so far I'm not sure I've seen anything from either to be overly concerned about. Like I said yesterday, I have no problem wanting to hear these guys chime in on things, but it shouldn't be the be all, end all for what we do and I have no intention of blindly following them.

Fair enough Doggin, but when I show as a townie, it's gonna smell like a ripe litter box. The "evidence" against me is specious, to say the least. Some pointed to my goofy Anchorman exchanges, when there really wasn;t much going on in the game yet, so I wasn't obscuring anything. The votes for IJ was explained as a shot in the dark, semi-random attempt to stir the pot. The JB vote is not suspicious at all, as she was acting very scummy, which was the general consensus.

I don't think I'd be a huge loss to the town, but it would be a wasted lynch nonetheless.

That's the key. Early game days are all about developing info, especially when the cop/doc may be in the open. If you're a roleless townie, no big loss, and we eliminate someone who would have been high on our cop's investigations list, which at this point, is a benefit.

You can't make any assumptions based on if it seems like "stacking teams" or anything. Its typically common practice that team assignments are 100% random. So its just as possible that they are on the same side as it is for any other two random individuals. While it merits keeping an eye on, its still early and so far I'm not sure I've seen anything from either to be overly concerned about. Like I said yesterday, I have no problem wanting to hear these guys chime in on things, but it shouldn't be the be all, end all for what we do and I have no intention of blindly following them.

Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but still think it's a possibility to keep out there for now.

Get us to lynch a townie

Get to night phase

Kill the Cop

Doctor needs to protect you - unless Woody is telling the truth, then it needs to be a coin flip. Remember, if woody is telling the truth and he dies, you are dead the next night. And if you haven't found a mafia member by then, you won't get the chance.

Again, if you are telling the truth, your life extends one day past the doctor's life

Doctor needs to protect you - unless Woody is telling the truth, then it needs to be a coin flip. Remember, if woody is telling the truth and he dies, you are dead the next night. And if you haven't found a mafia member by then, you won't get the chance.

Again, if you are telling the truth, your life extends one day past the doctor's life

Oh I'm WELLL aware that if Woody is the doctor I'm next. My hope is I get lucky with my investigation and help the town before I'm dead.

I wouldn't go that far - I'd just say it doesn't NEED to be tonight (remember, having the mafia know who you're looking at is a recipe for disaster)

Just want to bring up a point and dont' know whether it's suspicious or not. CTM and Doggin have been in together on practically every single vote. I didn't see CTM vote for JB, but early on they both voted for IJ, Myself, and now they're voting together again. They also were always one right behind the other.

Dunno if that means anything to you guys, but I can't figure out if CTM is just that big of a Doggin fanboy or if it means something else.

I have noticed this too.

The scary part is that BG has kind of been following that train as well. How F'ed up would it be if the random selection included 3 of the most experienced players as mafia.

I have noticed this too.

The scary part is that BG has kind of been following that train as well. How F'ed up would it be if the random selection included 3 of the most experienced players as mafia.

Or, it could just be that what I'm saying makes sense, and experienced mafia players know these things, so we're reaching similar conclusions.

Just sayin' :biggrin:

I have noticed this too.

That would be teh suck.

It' just a little side note. The deeper this game goes and if this assumption is true the more powerful this faction can become.

Doggin- I do agree with your reasoning to go after someone else, but I do think there are at least 2 more people I'd rather go after then Norway.

Archived