JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

Me too... Where ya goin?

Went to Uptown Lounge (88th & 3rd or around there). Wife's friend's 30th birthday. And the Long Island Railroad is the bane of my existence. If you miss that 1:30-something train, you're F'd until 3:30. Oh, and you're double-F'd when you wake up in Huntington and you live in Garden City (those familiar with Long Island will understand my plight).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are actually roleless innocent then don't afraid to be lynched. It sucks, but the people in this game aren't dumb. Right now Doggin's pushing you to get lynched now and then he's the logical lynch tomorrow because again, that'd be the 5th innocent he's pushing hard to go after. Doggin knows once you get lynched he's not going to be around long, but it's the only option he has at this point to increase the odds of the mafia winning. Especially since Jet Thing already mentioned they'd be going after IJ. Once either Doggin or Jet Thing ends up dead it's pretty much game over because you guys would at least try out my theory. And I purposely revealed my suspicions when I did so that they wouldn't be able to distance from each other by voting each other.

I have faith in CTM, he knows what he's doing and I believe he's the cop. You should too.

I think it's funny how you have Doggin and I plotting, ploying, and planning against the town because we're voting the same way.

We have to get some of these inactives voting!!

Unvote: Doggin

Vote: Jets Things

For now, I think Jets Things is our godfather. It turns out I was wrong on who wanted the information, but I'm still suspicious of Doggin. Jets Things just feels really scummy. I hate to start an alternate bandwagon, but this is what I think. I feel it's unlikely both Bleedin' and Doggin are mafia even though they agree a good bit, so it's down to Doggin, Bleedin, or Jets Things as our 2 remaining zombies.

We have to get some of these inactives voting!!

For now, I think Jets Things is our godfather. It turns out I was wrong on who wanted the information, but I'm still suspicious of Doggin. Jets Things just feels really scummy. I hate to start an alternate bandwagon, but this is what I think. I feel it's unlikely both Bleedin' and Doggin are mafia even though they agree a good bit, so it's down to Doggin, Bleedin, or Jets Things as our 2 remaining zombies.

But I'm not, so why would you think that?

Went to Uptown Lounge (88th & 3rd or around there). Wife's friend's 30th birthday. And the Long Island Railroad is the bane of my existence. If you miss that 1:30-something train, you're F'd until 3:30. Oh, and you're double-F'd when you wake up in Huntington and you live in Garden City (those familiar with Long Island will understand my plight).

Same deal for me. Had to drop the lady friend off at the 119 train or it would have had to have been the 330. Then, make the 130 bus back to Hoboken.

Had dinner at Carmine's though, which is always fun.

Well, I think there is more of a comfort level for them if I have 1 as opposed to 2. If I have 2 they may be more prone to rush lynch an innocent today as they are in major catchup mode. The benefit is admittadly small, but on the opposite side, I don't see how knowing I have 2 as opposed to 1 changes today's strategy at all. If I have 2, do you believe lynching IJ is the wrong play?

No - if you have 2, I think lynching IJ guarantees us a win

Sorry for not being around the past couple of days. After looking this stuff over, I am just not sold on doggin as mafia right now. I don't know, but I just feel like this doesn't really match up enough with his style. I can't imagine doggin as mafia backing himself into a corner the way they have. Plus, he seems to be really plotting things out in terms of our path to victory. Its possible its all a convincing ploy, but I'm not seeing enough to vote for him.

JT and IJ are both interesting choices as well. In this case, I don't feel like its necessary to follow the cops lead when he's admitted to having no investigation into the player he's voting for. And worst case scenario if we go the other way and are close to a lynch on a confirmed innocent, at that point CTM can always speak up, so I think we can be ok to follow his lead. With that said, at this point I'm not ready to put IJ one away from lynch and I feel a little more comfortable in the idea of JT being mafia. I'd still like to hear more out of both of these guys because it looks like the prevailing theory with them is a concern over some of the sketchiness in some of their stances. If it comes down to it, I may not be totally opposed to an IJ lynch, I'm just not entirely sure of it, so for now:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it bad for mafia to have one style? That's a pretty weak argument to me. Especially with the fact that he knows he's playing with experienced players that he's played with before. Do you really think that poorly of Doggin or that highly of yourself that you can read him.

I mean read him based off of his past style and not his current play.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it bad for mafia to have one style? That's a pretty weak argument to me. Especially with the fact that he knows he's playing with experienced players that he's played with before. Do you really think that poorly of Doggin or that highly of yourself that you can read him.

I'm talking more execution than style. It certainly looks like the mafia threw caution to the wind a bit in this one and through some carelessness, have now essentially backed themselves into a corner. I suppose its possible, but it strikes me as too sloppily executed for someone like doggin to have planned out. Like I said, unless of course there's some sort of catch I'm missing here and he's somehow playing us.

I'm talking more execution than style. It certainly looks like the mafia threw caution to the wind a bit in this one and through some carelessness, have now essentially backed themselves into a corner. I suppose its possible, but it strikes me as too sloppily executed for someone like doggin to have planned out. Like I said, unless of course there's some sort of catch I'm missing here and he's somehow playing us.

Not to pat myself on this back here, but if i'm right in my read here, once I established a linkage between Jets Things and Doggin doesn't that severely limit their options? They can't really distance vote each other now that suspicion is cast upon them. Their big problem was that Vicious talked too much and gave away a lot of their intent.

Again, follow the number of questionable things Jets Things has done this game. And yet not one peep out of Doggin bringing him to task? Doggin obviously kept out of invisible mode with some sort of intent, don't you agree? That type of thing isn't little and I have a hard time believing it's because "he's lazy" He's too careful for that. And then he goes back into invisible mode because "he'd figured he was there so why not" Does that seem like the careful doggin you know? Isn't it more likely that he figured it was better for him to go invisible and deal with it then stay out in the open and leave his remaining partner and vicious to themselves? Moreover, I ask you, how much has he actually helped us find mafia? He's consistently been voting innocents, and was one of the early voters for the doctor before Chan threw down the hammer, essentially catching the hands in the cookie jar. That's a strike against Irish, but that's also a strike against Doggin. Individually, the votes can be written up as accidents but over time these "accidental voting of innocents" adds up. So if you need IJ or me coming up innocent to point you in the right direction that's fine with me so long as you guys know what the next step should be. Note both Jets Things and Doggin already made excuses in the event IJ comes up innocent in their posts.

Not to pat myself on this back here, but if i'm right in my read here, once I established a linkage between Jets Things and Doggin doesn't that severely limit their options? They can't really distance vote each other now that suspicion is cast upon them. Their big problem was that Vicious talked too much and gave away a lot of their intent.

Again, follow the number of questionable things Jets Things has done this game. And yet not one peep out of Doggin bringing him to task? Doggin obviously kept out of invisible mode with some sort of intent, don't you agree? That type of thing isn't little and I have a hard time believing it's because "he's lazy" He's too careful for that. And then he goes back into invisible mode because "he'd figured he was there so why not" Does that seem like the careful doggin you know? Isn't it more likely that he figured it was better for him to go invisible and deal with it then stay out in the open and leave his remaining partner and vicious to themselves? Moreover, I ask you, how much has he actually helped us find mafia? He's consistently been voting innocents, and was one of the early voters for the doctor before Chan threw down the hammer, essentially catching the hands in the cookie jar. That's a strike against Irish, but that's also a strike against Doggin. Individually, the votes can be written up as accidents but over time these "accidental voting of innocents" adds up. So if you need IJ or me coming up innocent to point you in the right direction that's fine with me so long as you guys know what the next step should be. Note both Jets Things and Doggin already made excuses in the event IJ comes up innocent in their posts.

Don't break your arm because the only link between Doggin and myself is that we voted for the same person.

Vote: Jet Things

One of them is Mafia, they're both coming after me very hard without a great reason. I'm more suspicious of Doggin but unless CTM says otherwise I wouldn't be shocked to see them BOTH turn out as Mafia.

So you're voting for me? Astounding logic.

At this point, Doggin does not seem like a viable candidate for lynching any more. So he's going with the other person he finds suspicious.

One last thing: WAIT BEFORE PUTTING THE FINAL VOTE. Maybe CTM has some info on Jets Things...

At this point, Doggin does not seem like a viable candidate for lynching any more. So he's going with the other person he finds suspicious.

One last thing: WAIT BEFORE PUTTING THE FINAL VOTE. Maybe CTM has some info on Jets Things...

Meh. Why bother waiting? I'd rather not be killed, but JVoR has some convinced that I'm the Godfather so no matter what CTM's results will reveal (a guaranteed innocent, by the way), I'll still be lynched. And like I said, egg on JVoR's face. He should be next after me for leading the pack on this.

Meh. Why bother waiting? I'd rather not be killed, but JVoR has some convinced that I'm the Godfather so no matter what CTM's results will reveal (a guaranteed innocent, by the way), I'll still be lynched. And like I said, egg on JVoR's face. He should be next after me for leading the pack on this.

Chan, is Jets Things one of your investigations? If the answer is no and you have 2 names (no need to release them), I'll happily vote Jets Things (if those things are true, it will win us the game for the same reason voting Irish would)

Yes I am, because I'm suspicious of you too and being the only vote for Doggin would be pretty pointless if I'm not going to get support.

Same thing happened earlier in the thread when I unvoted Woody, It was pointless because there was not enough support. I didn't vote anyone else then because I wasn't suspicious of anyone else.

I accept this challenge. If i'm wrong about you being mafia Jets things I will not defend myself during the next day phase and accept lynching.

Sorry for missing out on the action this weekend.

I'm confortable with voting either IJ or Jet Things (and to a slighter degree Doggin).

I'd like CTM to chime in before I cast a vote. IS JT one of your nvestigations?

Nobody should be voting for JT until this is clarified

Archived