JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a few quick thoughts I wanted to throw out there. First off, regarding the various things involving Crusher:

Crush, I know you're claiming you won't release information because it will help the mafia more than the town. However, this is essentially end game so at this point its kind of time to lay all the cards out on the table. While there's a slim chance if we're wrong this game could go on past today, we can't count on it and need try to win this now, as there's a good chance this could be endgame. Another thing I have a problem with is the revisionist history you threw out earlier. I noticed you tried to mention me as suspicious due to my "outing CTM" when that wasn't really the case. In all honesty, I was buying into his BS for most of the time and only get a little wary towards the end. It was only after he revealed his results on me that I went after him. Meanwhile, you had been on his case for some time prior to that. I just don't understand why you would be trying to pin me for having extra info when you were the one after him and allegedly not protecting him well before that.

Now I know Crusher asked my thoughts about the others, so here they are:

The more I think about it with Jets Things, the more convinced I am he's innocent. Outside of the coming back from the dead thing, which didn't seem to make a difference for shutout, there is nothing that makes any sense for him being mafia. For starters, giving the mafia an extra player mid-game would certainly seem to make things unbalanced. And especially considering it was someone who came up innocent previously. Also, the more I think about CTM's claim of a guilty investigation on JT, it makes me think more and more JT is innocent. If JT was really mafia, CTM took the risk of us taking that info and running with it. Whereas the way he laid it out, he could have thrown that guilty "investigation" onto an innocent player and with his whole story about why he thought it was a wrong result to cover his own ass if JT did get lynched. Plus it conveniently provided a good cover for him not getting any guilty results. The other part is that obviously there's only one mafia left, so if it was JT that would've meant that when CTM went after Vicious, CTM was the last remaining mafia at that time, and I just can't imagine the mafia running the risk of leaving CTM by himself that early in the game.

As far as JVOR, I don't know what to think. He seems to be trying to get to the bottom of things in favor of the town and working very hard, but that can also be a clever cover-up for a mafia being out in the wide open kind of situation. And while his close following of CTM would likely seem like an unwise move for mafia, it could also be intentional knowing he'd have the "well why would I do that if I were mafia?" excuse to fall back on. Lastly, the other thing that concerns me is that he seems to have been off the mark a number of times. It could either be that he's been misguided or unfortunately incorrect, but that situation also often holds true for mafia members who are helping to steer players away from their partners.

Its a messy situation but right now I feel like I need to choose between Crusher and JVOR, while kind of leaning towards Crusher at the moment.

BG, this is the last day. You can't just keep disappearing.

Sorry, I had been writing that last post over the course of the afternoon as I got time. Work has been a little nuts and the owner has been in and out of my office asking for crap. Really sorry about that guys. I'm leaving the office in the next 15 or so mins, but once I get home I shouldn't have a problem being at the comp.

As far as JVOR, I don't know what to think. He seems to be trying to get to the bottom of things in favor of the town and working very hard, but that can also be a clever cover-up for a mafia being out in the wide open kind of situation. And while his close following of CTM would likely seem like an unwise move for mafia, it could also be intentional knowing he'd have the "well why would I do that if I were mafia?" excuse to fall back on. Lastly, the other thing that concerns me is that he seems to have been off the mark a number of times. It could either be that he's been misguided or unfortunately incorrect, but that situation also often holds true for mafia members who are helping to steer players away from their partners.

Couldn't have summed up my thoughts on JVoR better. Crusher, BG is right - this is end game. Who have you protected?

Quote me. When have I used that excuse in this game? When have I said, well, if you guys think about it, if I was mafia why would I try to get too close?

You haven't and I didn't mean to imply that you actually did say that. Rather, that kind of situation is the reason why I can't say you're definitely innocent due to being "too close" to CTM. In a game of deception like this, you can't just say something is too obvious and therefore immediately discount it, because people will try to use that against you. There's nothing to say that if you and CTM were teammates, you didn't realize that a close relationship between you two would seem too obvious and therefore would dissuade people from thinking you're on the same team. Did that definitely happen? Not necessarily, but on the other hand your relationship isn't enough to convince me of your innocence, which was my kind of gut reaction at first.

You haven't and I didn't mean to imply that you actually did say that. Rather, that kind of situation is the reason why I can't say you're definitely innocent due to being "too close" to CTM. In a game of deception like this, you can't just say something is too obvious and therefore immediately discount it, because people will try to use that against you. There's nothing to say that if you and CTM were teammates, you didn't realize that a close relationship between you two would seem too obvious and therefore would dissuade people from thinking you're on the same team. Did that definitely happen? Not necessarily, but on the other hand your relationship isn't enough to convince me of your innocence, which was my kind of gut reaction at first.

That's fine. If I've learned something this game is that assuming innocence on anybody can bite you on the ass. But it's not like I blindly followed CTM and said of course you should believe him! I pointed out things that were bothering me about his play. The reason why I believed him in the end was because of what I thought the game was setup to be. How was any of us supposed to know that there was either no cop or Vicious got converted? There was no counterclaimant, and JiF turned up to be lying in the end about his role. I mean, you yourself didn't have any way of knowing for sure until he released his investigation on you. How was I supposed to know? That's why I mentioned the fact that I felt the game setup was unbalanced.

Not for nothing, but voting for yourself is very anti-town. I know he's either frustrated or using that as the motivation for it, but if BG or JT were mafia the game would be over. It's not a good idea. Even if he was actually 100% convinced i'm guilty, it only takes one other innocent vote out of two voters to lynch you and lose the game.

He's either an innocent that is getting frustrated or a mafia member trying to gain sympathy. No one should be voting for themselves right now. Just trust the other 3 people can figure out what they are doing.

Not for nothing, but voting for yourself is very anti-town. I know he's either frustrated or using that as the motivation for it, but if BG or JT were mafia the game would be over. It's not a good idea. Even if he was actually 100% convinced i'm guilty, it only takes one other innocent vote out of two voters to lynch you and lose the game.

He's either an innocent that is getting frustrated or a mafia member trying to gain sympathy. No one should be voting for themselves right now. Just trust the other 3 people can figure out what they are doing.

I was kidding. Just poking at you since you've been grilling me so.

BG, you haven't voted yet. Three hours to convince us to change/stick with our vote(s).

If he's innocent, BG should only vote when he's certain about his decision. Obviously, random lynch is as good as a loss so he needs to make a decision one way or the other. But if he chooses wrong, the mafia member will just hop wagons and end the game more or less. It's not a light vote he's making here.

BG, you haven't voted yet. Three hours to convince us to change/stick with our vote(s).

Damnit, I know. Sorry guys, but I've just been very cautious about this given the circumstances and who I'm inclined to vote for. However, the more it goes on, I still keep feeling the same way about my gut on this one and I feel like I've seen nothing to change my opinions, only verify them. I'm confident in JT's innocence, I'm iffy on JVOR, but I feel like there's just still way too much sketchiness coming from Crusher. The most recent set of arguments stink of trying to scare people with the "lynch me and we lose" stuff, while pretty much questions from any one of us other three have been dodged. The fact is that we pretty much lose if we lynch anyone but the right person, so we can't be scared off by anyone. I keep putting it off, but a decision has to be made so I have to cast my vote.

Vote: Crusher

If he's innocent, BG should only vote when he's certain about his decision. Obviously, random lynch is as good as a loss so he needs to make a decision one way or the other. But if he chooses wrong, the mafia member will just hop wagons and end the game more or less. It's not a light vote he's making here.

Getting late. So who do you think is the zombie, and why you still voting for me. I think Bleedin is better choice.

Well, i'm hoping BG is right about JT being innocent because he's got the power vote right now.

Don't worry. I'm 100% innocent. I guess since I'm the "power vote," I've got some thinking/reasoning do to. Don't want to delay though. Let's say everyone keeps their vote. It will result in a random lynch, which would likely cause the town to lose. Seeing as how I'm a townie, I'd rather that not happen - although when there are more people involved in the game, I'm STILL an advocate of the random lynch. However, let's say I move my vote to Crusher - it will have the same 25% chance that we'll lynch a townie, causing us to lose.

JVoR, before I was lynched, was all over my ass, thinking I was a zombie. Since I've been resurrected, he's been sweet as a kitten (all of which I believe should be drowned at birth - kittens, not JVoR). Perhaps he was following CTM's lead of thinking I was innocent; the main reason for my vote on him.

BG hasn't done or said anything to make me believe he's a zombie. All game. Then again, I thought I had Game 1 in the bag and he turned out to be a friggin serial killer. Definitely fooled me and played the game perfectly. Repeat here?

Crusher, while playing a brilliant game so far, has been flashing extreme sketchiness as of late. It's end-game at this point - answer the friggin questions!!

So...seeing as how no one has made it clear that they could change their vote, I guess I'm asking you three why I should/shouldn't change my vote...

you and me both. It's not like i'm positive you are a zombie. I just don't buy that you've played this game as the doctor.

I played it as the paranoid bacon fein Dr. surrounded by a bunch of ****ing zombies, the leader being a transvestite zombie, even had some kinda of gurdian angel fairy zombie, this ****s been intense.

Archived