A-hole Coles Takes Parting Swipe At Jets Quarterbacks

SoFlaJets

Free agency slowing down for Gang Green

March 6, 2009

Welcome to the second wave of free agency. Things have slowed down quite a bit. Odds and ends regarding your favorite team:

Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan weren't kidding when they said the plan was to let the three kids battle for the QB job. So far, six quarterbacks have been removed from the free-agent market (Matt Cassel, Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Chris Simms, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dan Orlovsky) and to the best of my knowledge, the Jets weren't involved with any of them. I still believe they will have a veteran on the roster when they go to training camp. The best ones left are Jeff Garcia, Byron Leftwich and J.P. Losman.

I think the Jets will evaluate their situation after the draft. They can take a look at Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge in a pre-draft minicamp, but I'm not sure how much the decision makers will get out of that. I think they're hoping a veteran gets cut after the draft. They'd be interested in Marc Bulger, but I don't see the Rams cutting him. This is purely speculation, but if the Seahawks (No. 4 pick overall) draft Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez, would they start over under new coach Jim Mora and part with Matt Hasselbeck, who will be 34 in September and is coming off a severe back injury? Just throwing it out there.

Here's another what-if: If the Clemens-Ratliff-Ainge competition is nowhere after the OTAs in June, would Tannenbaum pick up the phone and dial a friend in Hattiesburg, Miss?

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him. Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

Turns out that Jay Feely was the Jets' fallback option at kicker.

Ravens PK Matt Stover told the Baltimore Sun last night that the Jets made him an offer on Monday, and that when he informed the Ravens, they told him they were moving on. My question is this: If the Ravens told him that, why didn't he accept the Jets' offer? As you know, the Jets re-signed Feely on Wednesday.

This just in: The Saskatchewan Rough Riders say they're not interested in Terrell Owens.

This is how slow it is in free agency: The names linked to the Jets are DE Marques Douglas (Ravens), TE Billy Bajema (49ers) and DT Howard Green (Seahawks). I've got a feeling DE C.J. Mosley will be signing with Eric Mangini in Cleveland.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's not just this, it's a year to year pattern of whining-always first about money. If Minnesota decided to pay him more than Cincy then Tavaris Jackson would be the next Johnny Unitas to him

yea he's been a bit of a whiner. but, in this case, he's really not wrong.

That wasn't much of a rip as it was him giving praise to Palmer, who when healthy is a top 5 QB, if not top 3.

Disregarding his whining and complaining, he was an absolute soldier and ya gotta respect him for getting that 4 year deal. There was no way I would be willing to give him that many years or much money here; it'll also allow us to evaluate who we have on our roster.

yeah lets not blow this out of proportion, this is not a parting shot at Jet QBs. If you were a FA WR wouldnt it be important to you that you join a team with a solid QB who can get you the ball? Coles is just stating plain truths here.

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him. Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

Once a dick , always a dick. You'd think he'd learn his lesson about keeping his mouth shut. Why does he think Parcells wanted no part of him ?

Free agency slowing down for Gang Green

March 6, 2009

Welcome to the second wave of free agency. Things have slowed down quite a bit. Odds and ends regarding your favorite team:

Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan weren't kidding when they said the plan was to let the three kids battle for the QB job. So far, six quarterbacks have been removed from the free-agent market (Matt Cassel, Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Chris Simms, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dan Orlovsky) and to the best of my knowledge, the Jets weren't involved with any of them. I still believe they will have a veteran on the roster when they go to training camp. The best ones left are Jeff Garcia, Byron Leftwich and J.P. Losman.

I.

If we had brought anybody in here I would have wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick. Good insurance with starting QB experience who knows his role as a #2.

Turns out that Jay Feely was the Jets' fallback option at kicker.

Ravens PK Matt Stover told the Baltimore Sun last night that the Jets made him an offer on Monday, and that when he informed the Ravens, they told him they were moving on. My question is this: If the Ravens told him that, why didn't he accept the Jets' offer? As you know, the Jets re-signed Feely on Wednesday.

Ugh. After we knew Nugent wasn't going to resign with us Stover was the guy I wanted most for 1 or 2 years and he didn't except our offer. Dammit. Stuck with Feely.

look, if a team had offered Coles one friggin dollar more than the Bungles did he would be wearing that team's jersey today REGARDLESS of who the quarterback is and we all know it.

Exactly. With him it's ALWAYS about the Benjamins. He could have played for Buffalo and stuck it to both the Jets and DolFAGS twice a year but nope........Cincy offered $1 more.

not for nothing...but he's right. our qb's look like a bunch of garbage and the bengals have carson palmer. idk why you guys are getting offended...it's the truth. we have the worst qb situation in the league.

Not only do we have the worst QB situation, we have the worst WR situation as well

Not only do we have the worst QB situation, we have the worst WR situation as well

we will NOT be going into TC with only one receiver who has done anything as a pro-that is for sure. Clemens or Ratliff will be fine-I'm not real worried. We have a solid defense-a good coach and the best running game in the conference-have faith

You guys are hilarious.

He said he wants to play with a good QB (Which Palmer is) and that's taking a shot at the Jets?

Yeah, this isn't so much an example of taking a shot at the Jets as it is an example of bad writing.

Coles didn't mention the Jets QBs. The writer of the article is really the one taking a shot at the Jets QBs.

You guys are hilarious.

He said he wants to play with a good QB (Which Palmer is) and that's taking a shot at the Jets?

Personally, I don't care, and am glad he's gone... He's overrated, and we need something better than a WR who's greatest attribute is his toughness.

And, think of it another way. A chick ditches you and says, she wants to be with a guy who's 'good in bed'. What does that imply?

Personally, I don't care, and am glad he's gone... He's overrated, and we need something better than a WR who's greatest attribute is his toughness.

And, think of it another way. A chick ditches you and says, she wants to be with a guy who's 'good in bed'. What does that imply?

bingo

Yeah, this isn't so much an example of taking a shot at the Jets as it is an example of bad writing.

Coles didn't mention the Jets QBs. The writer of the article is really the one taking a shot at the Jets QBs.

don't be thick. He gave up guaranteed money to play here and then signed with someone else and said he wanted to play with a good QB. It's not much of a stretch to interpret it the way we are..

So Chaddy Cakes didnt way heavy on his decision making process. Is he upset with Chadwick because he contracted some strange STD?

So when Palmer gets hurt again, when does Coles start complaining that he needs more $$$ to play with a ****ty QB?

The Jets don't play anybody this Sunday. Can we wait until we are a little closer to the start of the season before we commit suicide on what may appear to be remaining weaknesses?

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback,"= The Jets QB's SUCK F.U. L.C.

Some fans crack me up. You want your athletes to be honest, forthright and candid, and when they are, if it's something you don't want to hear, he's a dooshie. Nothing he said was all that offensive. It was truth. Poor LC, though, guess he did not realize that the Jets all-world defense was going to do all the scoring this season. Silly Goose.

don't be thick.

That's akin to asking Coles to not be an a-hole or JiF to not be a heifer-magnet.

and Chad was a "good" QB? When? I guess those concussions he got from Pennington floaters must have really done a number on his thinking. It's so obvious to me, he wants money and nothing else matters. The Bengals won 4 games last year and they ain't making the playoffs this year either-it's all about "how many catches can I get?" and "How will that translate into even MORE money?"

I want players who WANT to be here, who WANT to win. Had he said "I want to win a Super Bowl" then I would take what he says more seriously-funny how that was never mentioned

Archived