A-hole Coles Takes Parting Swipe At Jets Quarterbacks

SoFlaJets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some fans crack me up. You want your athletes to be honest, forthright and candid, and when they are, if it's something you don't want to hear, he's a dooshie. Nothing he said was all that offensive. It was truth. Poor LC, though, guess he did not realize that the Jets all-world defense was going to do all the scoring this season. Silly Goose.

Talking is fine, what I hate is hypocrisy and excuse making..

I'm sure the Jets would of appreciated good #1 receiver play the last 2 seasons, but we didn't get that.

Wake me up when Coles earns the right to talk smack about who balls and who doesn't..

The incessant whining about Coles in here is absolutely hysterical.

irony-meter.gif

hey it's March the 6th Slats what else are we gonna talk about on a Jets MB? If you don't like the topic then do what everybody else does-don't respond in the thread.

Some fans crack me up. You want your athletes to be honest, forthright and candid, and when they are, if it's something you don't want to hear, he's a dooshie. Nothing he said was all that offensive. It was truth. Poor LC, though, guess he did not realize that the Jets all-world defense was going to do all the scoring this season. Silly Goose.

:hand:

Honestly, who cares what Coles has to say at this point? He wanted a long term contract, and we weren't willing to give him one. Period, end of story. It's time to move on.

If this was indeed a "swipe" at the Jets QB's (definitely a stretch), I can't say I really disagree. We DO have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

ohh yes, cause it couldn't be that you were wrong.

again.

Talk about being thick.

Read the blurb in the first post again jackass:

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him.

So Coles says the Jets made a last ditch, not so serious effort to resign Coles.

Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

These are the writer's words.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

These are Coles' words.

Coles mentions Carson Palmer. The writer of the article mentions the Jets QBs.

Did Coles specifically say anything about the Jets QBs? Its safe to assume that if he did, the writer would have included Coles' quote about the Jets QBs because it backs up his claim.

Also, we do not when the statement about the Jets token attempt to resign him and the comment about Palmer were made in relation to each other. They could have been 10 minutes apart. Unless you actually saw the PC or had a transcript there's no way to tell from the blurb.

Was Coles asked about the Jets unsettled QB situation and answered by saying that he wanted to play with a good QB? If he did, a better writer would have written it that way. For example: when asked whether the Jets unsettled QB situation played a role in his decision to not resign with his former team, Coles responded, "I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback."

We don't know. Coles may have made that statement as an answer to the question as to what factors made him choose the Bengals, which is more likely because if he made the comment when asked about the Jets it would have been written as I suggested above.

So, stop being thick and stop being a douche, you'll be much happier ****head.

Talk about being thick.

Read the blurb in the first post again jackass:

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him.

So Coles says the Jets made a last ditch, not so serious effort to resign Coles.

Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

These are the writer's words.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

These are Coles' words.

Coles mentions Carson Palmer. The writer of the article mentions the Jets QBs.

Did Coles specifically say anything about the Jets QBs? Its safe to assume that if he did, the writer would have included Coles' quote about the Jets QBs because it backs up his claim.

Also, we do not when the statement about the Jets token attempt to resign him and the comment about Palmer were made in relation to each other. They could have been 10 minutes apart. Unless you actually saw the PC or had a transcript there's no way to tell from the blurb.

Was Coles asked about the Jets unsettled QB situation and answered by saying that he wanted to play with a good QB? If he did, a better writer would have written it that way. For example: when asked whether the Jets unsettled QB situation played a role in his decision to not resign with his former team, Coles responded, "I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback."

We don't know. Coles may have made that statement as an answer to the question as to what factors made him choose the Bengals, which is more likely because if he made the comment when asked about the Jets it would have been written as I suggested above.

So, stop being thick and stop being a douche, you'll be much happier ****head.

i can't help you infer what is obvious considering that our QB situation is in fact in dire straights..

I don't really care about Coles 'shot'....we have a completely unproven and unsettled QB situation. Likewise, Carson Palmer is a damn good QB. They're just facts.

The only thing I'd take issue with is how fake he is being about the whole process. We all know Coles would be back here if we offered 1 dollar more then the Bengals, regardless of the QB situation. That's just who he is.

So you agree with the writer. That's obvious.

What's not obvious is that Coles took a shot at the Jets QBs.

so would you double take if Coles had made the same almost unheard of concessions to get out of Indy, and then made the same statement about why he signed with the Bengals? or would you wonder why he left Indy in the first place.

his words were that playing with a good QB was one of his biggest considerations..

ahhh, ya know what, whatever..not worth arguing about it. If you want to pretend that Coles statement made no implication about the quality of the Jets QB's, be my guest..

so would you double take if Coles had made the same almost unheard of concessions to get out of Indy, and then made the same statement about why he signed with the Bengals? or would you wonder why he left Indy in the first place.

his words were that playing with a good QB was one of his biggest considerations..

ahhh, ya know what, whatever..not worth arguing about it. If you want to pretend that Coles statement made no implication about the quality of the Jets QB's, be my guest..

Actually, I don't ****ing care.

How can one know what a good Quarterback is when he's never played with one?

;)

notice how he decided to take the year off when Clemens took over for The Noodle Joe? It was almost like the guy was in mourning.

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him. Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

u mean corn-hole, not ahole :confused:

yeah lets not blow this out of proportion, this is not a parting shot at Jet QBs. If you were a FA WR wouldnt it be important to you that you join a team with a solid QB who can get you the ball? Coles is just stating plain truths here.

+1

Good Luck to him.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback,"= The Jets QB's SUCK F.U. L.C.

Or it could = They're okay but not good or all three combined couldn't carry Calson Palmer's jock. But I'm probably wrong because you're known to be pretty level headed and never jump to conclusions. :lol:

This really is something made out of nothing.

He say he wanted to play with a good QB. Carson Palmer is exactly that. If anyone here is trying to make the arguement that Kellen Clemens or Bret Ratliff are anywhere near the same class of a Carson Plamer then they're ****ing insane.

not for nothing...but he's right. our qb's look like a bunch of garbage and the bengals have carson palmer. idk why you guys are getting offended...it's the truth. we have the worst qb situation in the league.

I disagre, i think we are fortunate to have 3 young qbs that may all very well be starter caliber and at the young ages of 25. Clemens can make the probowl on this team.

Or it could = They're okay but not good or all three combined couldn't carry Calson Palmer's jock. But I'm probably wrong because you're known to be pretty level headed and never jump to conclusions. :lol:

and you have the personality of an ostrich

I disagre, i think we are fortunate to have 3 young qbs that may all very well be starter caliber and at the young ages of 25. Clemens can make the probowl on this team.

now clemens is a probowl caliber qb? lol. the level of homerism some of you guys exhibit never ceases to amaze me. let me rephrase your statement so it says the truth.

"we will be fortunate if one of our 3 young qb's is even a mediocre starting caliber qb."

that's it.

this isn't a shot at the jets QB's at all

not even close

this is a shot at the bills QB's

this isn't a shot at the jets QB's at all

not even close

this is a shot at the bills QB's

not real concerned about going to a potential SB contender like 90% of the other players at that point in their careers-only looking for someone to get him the ball so he can hold up another NFL franchise with his monetary demands-screw him

not real concerned about going to a potential SB contender like 90% of the other players at that point in their careers-only looking for someone to get him the ball so he can hold up another NFL franchise with his monetary demands-screw him

No way, man. Just no. I can guarantee you that 90% of the other players at this point in their careers are looking for that last big payday, too. Every one of these guys see these kids come in, and the pay going thru the roof, and they want a piece of that pie, too.

Don't delude yourself, or fall for any of these guys' BS. At least Coles is straight up with you.

Archived