A-hole Coles Takes Parting Swipe At Jets Quarterbacks

SoFlaJets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he wrong? The JETS do not have a #1 QB right now... he went to play with one of the more solid #1 Qbs (when healthy)...

Lets be honest though... his real reason was length of the deal... you know the JETS were nto going more than 2 or 3 years and he wanted more...

Considering that most here wouldn't want the noodle arm back, Miami would be a slam dunk

yeah but that's only because we know that chad only holds your team back from truly getting to the elite level. chad is still a legitimate starting nfl qb.......he just isn't a quarterback that can win a championship.......because evem if he can go out and beat one really good defense, there's no chance in hell of him doing it back to back. and we all know that the play-offs are always stocked with teams that have very good defenses.

yeah but that's only because we know that chad only holds your team back from truly getting to the elite level. chad is still a legitimate starting nfl qb.......he just isn't a quarterback that can win a championship.......because evem if he can go out and beat one really good defense, there's no chance in hell of him doing it back to back. and we all know that the play-offs are always stocked with teams that have very good defenses.

As much as I hate Pennington, I agree with this logic.

We dont know if we have Chad Pennington, Joe Montana or Poop on a stick.

this isn't a shot at the jets QB's at all

not even close

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

this is a shot at the bills QB's

:-k I never looked at it that way but it's a possibility. Edwards, IMO, is a good young QB with a bright future ahead of him. Of course you could have said the same thing about Losman a few years ago. And Rob Johnson before that. :biggrin:

Me too Kleck . Give the kids a chance.

so are you against draftin sanchez if he falls to 17? just curious cause i'm wondering how excited you'd be if we don't....and then the qb's we have fail miserably, and we don't even have a viable option to turn to next year.

so are you against draftin sanchez if he falls to 17? just curious cause i'm wondering how excited you'd be if we don't....and then the qb's we have fail miserably, and we don't even have a viable option to turn to next year.

I know I don't ever want another weak armed QB. Clemens and Ratliff may not turn out to be great or even good QBs, we will have to see. But this I know today, both have stronger arms than Chad Noodle.

Clemens/Ratliff would do fine with Cotch/Nicks/Stuckey/Clowney and crew... this is a run first team now... more important than a new QB is a solid backup to TJ and Leon...

It helps to strike a LITTLE fear in the opponent with the passing game. .even if it's a little.

Former Jets WR Laveranues Coles, meeting the Cincinnati media on Thursday, said the Jets called back before he signed with the Bengals. But he made it sound like it wasn't a very serious offer to re-sign him. Coles hinted that the Jets' unsettled QB situation might have factored into his decision to split.

"I know I wanted to play with a good quarterback," he said, alluding to Carson Palmer. "That was one of the biggest (considerations) in where I wanted to go."

Rip him all you want, but Coles is 100% right.

Clemens/Ratliff would do fine with Cotch/Nicks/Stuckey/Clowney and crew... this is a run first team now... more important than a new QB is a solid backup to TJ and Leon...

dude with a crap qb and almost no threat of a real passing game our run game is going to blow balls. do you think it's just coincidence that our running game looke daot better when we had a qb behind center who dc's knew could put a team on his back and beat you with his arm if he had to? nobody is going to fear ratliff or clemens. they are going to stack the box and force them to try to beat them. and TJ is notoriously soft in the yards after contact category.

It helps to strike a LITTLE fear in the opponent with the passing game. .even if it's a little.

EXACTLY , We found out with Chad , who did NOT strike fear into opponents D , how futile having a weak armed QB is.

dude with a crap qb and almost no threat of a real passing game our run game is going to blow balls. do you think it's just coincidence that our running game looke daot better when we had a qb behind center who dc's knew could put a team on his back and beat you with his arm if he had to? nobody is going to fear ratliff or clemens. they are going to stack the box and force them to try to beat them. and TJ is notoriously soft in the yards after contact category.

Its all about the Oline... the run game looked better because the JETS had a legit Oline for the first time in years... QB had very little to do with it... the Phins ran the ball great this year with Chad...

These QBs are not rookies... they know the playbook and should not make stupid mistakes... both of them have the arm to make the big plays... both are pretty mobile...

Its all about the Oline... the run game looked better because the JETS had a legit Oline for the first time in years... QB had very little to do with it... the Phins ran the ball great this year with Chad...

These QBs are not rookies... they know the playbook and should not make stupid mistakes... both of them have the arm to make the big plays... both are pretty mobile...

it's not all about the o-line when the opposition is stacking the box. i mean, yeah the o-line has some say-so obviously. as does the runningbacks. but respecting the passing game has some to do with it also. the phins ran a gimmick offense a decent amount of the time. i'm just saying......no way our running game is going to be the way it was last year unless ne of the qb's steps up and shows he can beat you if you don't show him some respect.

it's not all about the o-line when the opposition is stacking the box. i mean, yeah the o-line has some say-so obviously. as does the runningbacks. but respecting the passing game has some to do with it also. the phins ran a gimmick offense a decent amount of the time. i'm just saying......no way our running game is going to be the way it was last year unless ne of the qb's steps up and shows he can beat you if you don't show him some respect.

Its ALL about the Oline... this team had one of the worst Olines in the NFL last year... and the year before Brick and Mangold were rookies... and it wasnt that hot of an Oline otherwise either...

The reason the JETS ran the ball well this past season was the Oline... 99.9% the Oline...

Where are all of those Coles defenders at? he's a warrior! a football's version of Paul O'Neil! :confused0058:

:rl:

I hope his leg gets snapped like a dried out old twig. I never wish injuries on anybody..but I've just about had it up to here with this piece of ****. good riddance.

Its ALL about the Oline... this team had one of the worst Olines in the NFL last year... and the year before Brick and Mangold were rookies... and it wasnt that hot of an Oline otherwise either...

The reason the JETS ran the ball well this past season was the Oline... 99.9% the Oline...

i disagree........99.9%. come on now. our o-line is good but it's not like they're the hogs. or even as good as kc's o-line a few years ago. they're solid....above average. not an all-pro o-line though. oh...one more thing....we need a real rb too. TJ is gonna hit a wall this year, i'm predicting it now. i hope we draft a rb early.

Rip him all you want, but Coles is 100% right.

He may be right about our QB's. That don't keep him from being a whiney mope. What little good he was bringing to the table anymore gets overshadowed by his negatives on just about everything. He was good for us when pus arm was throwing and you needed a street fighter to rip away Chads balloons from the D-backs. No matter who is throwing this season - that hopefully wont be an issue so it's fine that he GTF outta here.

i disagree........99.9%. come on now. our o-line is good but it's not like they're the hogs. or even as good as kc's o-line a few years ago. they're solid....above average. not an all-pro o-line though. oh...one more thing....we need a real rb too. TJ is gonna hit a wall this year, i'm predicting it now. i hope we draft a rb early.

ECURB loved Pennington and is in denial about everything. he hated Favre from the beginning..dont let him fool you..we all see right through him. look at my profile..theres a pic of him in bed with his Pennington shrine.

ECURB loved Pennington and is in denial about everything. he hated Favre from the beginning..dont let him fool you..we all see right through him. look at my profile..theres a pic of him in bed with his Pennington shrine.

ahhhh...now i see where he's coming from.

Well the Hogs and KC's O-lines were like two of the top 5 units of all times. I wouldn't expect that from an O-line thats been together one whole season.

If we play our cards right I could see ours getting there, but I guess you don't count on the Jets playing any cards right.

I agree 100% about Jones. LeSean McCoy FTW.

Oh, and the Coles quote is overblown. Shockingly.

Well the Hogs and KC's O-lines were like two of the top 5 units of all times. I wouldn't expect that from an O-line thats been together one whole season.

If we play our cards right I could see ours getting there, but I guess you don't count on the Jets playing any cards right.

I agree 100% about Jones. LeSean McCoy FTW.

Oh, and the Coles quote is overblown. Shockingly.

yeah that was my point. o-lines that are THAT good you could say account for a majority of a run offense's success.

y'know i'm actually really optimistic about rex ryan...and i haven't been optimistic about a new jet's regime since parcells came over. i think our o-line can be very good....but elite?, idk. i mean i definitely have a good feeling about our defense. offense, not so much this year, but i'm hoping they surprise me.

This was never about Chad for me... someone else brought it up as they normally do and then you polarize towards me about him...

But since we are now going to make it about that....

Trying to blame Chad for the bad running game is just plain stupid... Miami had a damn good running game with him this season...

Not to mention the "issue" with Chad is his arm strength holds back the run game... or did in NY... that is not a problem with Clemens or Ratlif... they can get the ball downfield...

This was never about Chad for me... someone else brought it up as they normally do and then you polarize towards me about him...

But since we are now going to make it about that....

Trying to blame Chad for the bad running game is just plain stupid... Miami had a damn good running game with him this season...

Not to mention the "issue" with Chad is his arm strength holds back the run game... or did in NY... that is not a problem with Clemens or Ratlif... they can get the ball downfield...

i'm not even making it about arm strength. my point is that when a teams DC looks at our team they are going to have one main strategy in mind. stop the running game and make the inexperienced quarterbacl prove he can beat you. this is what they did to pennington, for the most part. except with him they were able to take it one step further and take away the short/inside passing game and make him try to make throws that he couldn't consistently make to beat them. last year, the strategy wasn't as obvious as it's well known that brett favre is capable of beating you with his arm.

i'm not even making it about arm strength. my point is that when a teams DC looks at our team they are going to have one main strategy in mind. stop the running game and make the inexperienced quarterbacl prove he can beat you. this is what they did to pennington, for the most part. except with him they were able to take it one step further and take away the short/inside passing game and make him try to make throws that he couldn't consistently make to beat them. last year, the strategy wasn't as obvious as it's well known that brett favre is capable of beating you with his arm.

Having Favre last year was so different. Everything just seemed to open up on offense. Defenses could not put 7-8 guys in the box like they did with Chad at QB to stop TJ. We HAVE to have that deep ball threat again.

look, if a team had offered Coles one friggin dollar more than the Bungles did he would be wearing that team's jersey today REGARDLESS of who the quarterback is and we all know it.

That I agree with wholeheartedly. This guy is a douche, and is a shell of his former self, which was never as good as he and a few of his press butt buddies think. Maybe catching passes from Favre last year opened his eyes. Maybe he is saying Chad sucks as well. But truthfully, I don't think he was taking a shot at the young Jet QBs. They can't be good yet. They haven't really had the chance. But they aren't necessarily bad, either. We shall see. He is just sucking on Palmer's sack so he can get a few balls thrown his way.

Three out of five?

Archived