A-hole Coles Takes Parting Swipe At Jets Quarterbacks

SoFlaJets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which 3 out of 5 are current all-pros?

Only Faneca was "all-pro", but Faneca and Mangold made the pro-bowl and D'Brick was an alternate. How many teams had better units? The Giants? Tenn? Maybe Dallas? They aren't top 5 all time, but most people would admit they were this past season. Unless you are one of those guys that thinks Thomas Jones did all that on his own...

here from another thread. i think cimini said it.....

Ryan keeps talking about the quality of the Jets' O-line and how he wants to run the ball, and he's right, the Jets do have a good line and good backs. But they're going to see an endless diet of eight-man fronts if Kellen Clemens is throwing to Cotchery, Dustin Keller, Chansi Stuckey and David Clowney. Say what you want about Brett Favre, but his presence forced defenses to respect the pass, opening running lanes for Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.

exactly what i've been saying here.

Teams really, really weren't respecting **** from Favre for the most part of last season. If you're seriously telling me that NFL coaches weren't able to recognize that Favre simply COULD NOT throw the ball downfield with any accuracy last season, then you're crazy. Favre did not add much to this running game, they were great because of the line, which as Dom was pointing out, was playing at a Top 5 level last season.

Coles made $3.6 million more by leaving Jets

March 9, 2009

Laveranues Coles' new contract with the Bengals finally is on file with the NFLPA and, as we reported last week, he received more than $6 million in guarantees - the amount he left on the table to break his contract with the Jets.

Coles will make $9.6 million in 2009 - a $3 million signing bonus, a $4.7 roster bonus and a $1.9 million base salary. For practical purposes, the money is guaranteed.

The total deal is $27.5 million over four years, including base salaries of $4.6 million, $6.4 million and $6.4 million. Basically, it's a two-year, $14.4 million deal because there's no way the Bengals will pay $6.4 million in 2011 to a 33-year-old receiver. Actually, because the signing bonus is relatively modest, the Bengals can get out after one year without wrecking their cap.

Bottom line: Coles made himself an additional $3.6 million by cutting ties with the Jets, but yet he might be asking himself some questions, namely: If he had waited another day or two, could he have drawn the Cowboys into the chase? Terrell Owens was released the day after Coles signed in Cincinnati.

Here's the most intriguing question of all: If Coles had accepted the Bills' offer, where would T.O. be? It's probably safe to assume he wouldn't be with the Bengals. Could you imagine T.O. and Chad Ocho Cinco on the same team? Marvin Lewis might have gone postal.

Teams really, really weren't respecting **** from Favre for the most part of last season. If you're seriously telling me that NFL coaches weren't able to recognize that Favre simply COULD NOT throw the ball downfield with any accuracy last season, then you're crazy. Favre did not add much to this running game, they were great because of the line, which as Dom was pointing out, was playing at a Top 5 level last season.

no....that didn't happen till later in the season after it was obvious favre wasn't right. before that teams were definiteyl 100% respecting favre. just because our o-line was top 5 in the league last year...doesn't mean that were top 5 ever....or even close for that matter. our o-line was NOT at the level where they were single-handedly dominating defenses and imposing our running games will on them. our o-line was solid last year, above average. nothing more. i mean seriously, you make it sound like they were just going out and man-handling teams' defensive fronts. honestly, by the way you're talking you'd think we had 5 all-pro caliber road graders on our line.

no....that didn't happen till later in the season after it was obvious favre wasn't right. before that teams were definiteyl 100% respecting favre. just because our o-line was top 5 in the league last year...doesn't mean that were top 5 ever....or even close for that matter. our o-line was NOT at the level where they were single-handedly dominating defenses and imposing our running games will on them. our o-line was solid last year, above average. nothing more. i mean seriously, you make it sound like they were just going out and man-handling teams' defensive fronts. honestly, by the way you're talking you'd think we had 5 all-pro caliber road graders on our line.

agree with your assessment Neck; OL=above average. Remember, Favre was taking some big hits on every other pass play. That's why I think we would have won a couple of games down the stretch had Mangina had the balls to bench a hurt (legend) QB. Kellen Clemens moves pretty good in the pocket and wouldn't have taken those shots or would have NEVER been allowed to throw the ball up for grabs like BF was able to do-with no consequences administered

agree with your assessment Neck; OL=above average. Remember, Favre was taking some big hits on every other pass play. That's why I think we would have won a couple of games down the stretch had Mangina had the balls to bench a hurt (legend) QB. Kellen Clemens moves pretty good in the pocket and wouldn't have taken those shots or would have NEVER been allowed to throw the ball up for grabs like BF was able to do-with no consequences administered

besides.....an o-line like the way some of the guys here are talking.....wouldn't have fared so low in the first downs and first downs % categories.

Archived