ESPN link stating Coles for Moss deal is done

Jimmy 2 Times

Positives:

1) Get the absolute pussy that is Moss off the team

2) Get a tough guy back that is twice the receiver that Moss is on his best day

3) It gets Terry Bradway's head out of his ass so he can go and find a DT and a LT that can play

Negatives:

1) Coles' Fredo-like attitude is back

2) Paying Coles extra dough sucks, but it isn't unfair. If it's true he gave the Skins $5 mil back, then it only makes sense that the Jets would re-pay at least part of it on the other side

3) It may make Terry complacent, as it will give the Jets the back pages tomorrow.

Hey

At least TB is working Saturdays this year

Good move. Hate losing Moss, I realy do......but the bottom line is that Moss was going to be a huge $$$ deal, that the jets didn't g=feel was warranted

Remember when he took a 3 week vacation last year?

It's funny how things work out sometimes.

Two years from now. Who knows? Curtis might retire and Lamont may want out of Oakland. Jets may bring him back.

Lamont will probably have a bruised knee and noone will want to trade Blaylock for him.LOL

Coles makes better sense than Santana. Santana is a small fragile WR who lacks toughness and doesn't make big plays when the game is on the line.

Coles is everything you want in a WR. Happiest person today is Chad Pennington. They should have never split them up to begin with.

Sure do

Just hate losing Moss...he was the only offensive weapon that showed up for us last year

Happy to have Laveraneus back though

Moss was a trick-ass bitch and I'm glad he's gone. Is Coles an ideal fit> No. He has the foot problem, he has an attitude, he's not a #1 receiver and he's expensive. But, IMO, he upgrades us simply by improving the toughness of the team. The D had balls last year, but the offense was a bunch of pussies, outside of Mawae and Kendall. That running out of bounds act had to end. My problem remains that Herman allowed it. At least this shows that Dinger has a voice in the organization, and that Herm is having less and less.

Also, this could signal that, if there's a no-pussy policy going on with the Jets, that Abe is gone as well. Get that done for a high pick, and I'm a happy G.

Good move, IMO.

Coles has proven he can produce with Chad throwing him the ball. I would expect them to be even better together with Dinger calling the plays.

The foot can't be too much of a problem or he will surely fail the physical. I do hope Bradway has included some kind of insurance policy in the contract though.

The only question about this move is: Who is going to be returning punts?

Yeah I like this deal. We would have lost Moss anyway. He wants number one money and is far from worth it.

Well now he gets it without have to put up big numbers this season. Not our problem now. I'd like to have seen what Dinger could have done with him but I think Dinger is licking his chops to have Coles and Jmac. There will be more than 19 passing TD's in 2005.

I don't know how to fell about this....I really don't.

:shock:

Most fans are torn here because Santana is such a fun and likeable player. He really is fun to watch when he is on his game.

Moss is the ideal #2 WR. He has to be the complimentary to a #1 WR.

I suspect that he will do well in Washington. Don't expect him to change what he is.

He is an explosive gamebreaker on offense and on special teams. He's fragile however,. Lacks toughness, will drop balls. Won't go over the middle and won't go all out to catch the football.

Coles is the exact opposite as a player. He can beat you deep. He can outmuscle you for the football. He can block. He can break tackles in the open field. He'll go over the middle and take a beating for your team.

I watched a sunday night game between Baltimore and Washington last year.

Mark Brunell was stinking up the joint. Coles got his head handed to him on like 5 different ocassions. The Ravens were just taking shot after shot at this guy. He kept catching these overthrown and underthrown footballs and getting blasted. He'd get right back up and come back for more.

That's why, He's better than Santana.

In this trade, We gave up a good WR for an even better one.

I wish Santana nothing but the best. But to me, This deal makes way too much sense on so many different levels. You've got Coles locked up long term. Moss wasn't going to be back next year.

The Jets have to get a kick returner now though. They lost Santana's huge skill level on returns.

And the Jets got a high-priced WR with a broken wheel. :lol:

Last image, I have as Coles as a jet. Is he and Chad Pennington scorching BB and Romeo's defense in New England.

That's the last time, You guys lost at home. You couldn't cover Coles with your entire secondary that night.

This is a strong move, IMO. The only issue I have is the money but the Jets usually work with the cap pretty well. It's just tough giving a WR this kind of money when we have a huge hole on the Offensive and Defensive line.

But if the cat from Denver signs with us and we somehow get a good LT, this offense should work really well next year and should be exciting to watch.

Now...if we can only get Law to sign the dotted line, and we draft a Luis Castillo type DT, and lets all hope that Adrian is ready to take it to the next level, similar the way KMac did in his 2nd year...all will be fine :?

I like the move Coles plays with an attitude and will make the tough catch for you-opposite of what Moss brings. If Tennessee does not match our offer I like the way the receiving corps has shaped up-Blaylock is also a good receiver out of the backfield too.

Moss was forever on my s-t list for running out of bounds when Chad was trying to block for him against Buffalo.

YJF we just signed our New kick returner....Derrick Blaylock.

I'm not sure we did. Blaylock wasn't a returner in KC, he was Dante Hall's lead blocker. I took a quick look at his stats on nfl.com and he only has 5 KRs in his career (and zero PRs).

I'm not sure we did. Blaylock wasn't a returner in KC, he was Dante Hall's lead blocker. I took a quick look at his stats on nfl.com and he only has 5 KRs in his career (and zero PRs).

He was Hall's LB and he did damn good job but he is perfect fit for the job. Let's see how the roster shakes out before we give jobs away.

Coles got upset at Edwards because Herm called Coles his MVP in 2002. Coles was Edwards favorite player on the entire team.

It upset Coles to no end that The Jets didn't keep him. He thought Herm let him down.

It's funny how things work out. The Jets get Coles back at a bargain price now. The first two years of the deal are already paid off. That's where alot of the bulk of the contract was. (signing bonus etc)

Coles is on good terms with our players. He has a great relationship with our QB. They've missed eachother and the report was that Coles was with John Abraham recently.

You know what's funny with Washington. They do this stuff all the time. They signed Jeremiah Trotter to a big deal. They misuse him. He gets cut after a couple of seasons. He goes back to his former team The Eagles and has a monster season.

That's how I would compare this situation. Coles coming back home to where he should never have left in the first place.

Can I cut and paste all the "Washington over-paid for Coles" threads from JI???

I'm indiffernet to this trade. One midget for another, basically except one is a p*ssy who cant return punts UPFIELD and the other is a malcontent loudmouth who is blown out of every place he plays, including college.

Can I cut and paste all the "Washington over-paid for Coles" threads from JI???

I'm indiffernet to this trade. One midget for another, basically except one is a p*ssy who cant return punts UPFIELD and the other is a malcontent loudmouth who is blown out of every place he plays, including college.

Although JBF is a douche, he makes a good point about Coles. When a guy starts getting Marbury-ed, passed around from team to team despite the fact that he puts up numbers, you have to start wondering what's wrong with him. The only fortunate thing is that he won't have Herm to pat his ass. This time, Dinger will slap him in the beak if he starts popping off. That is HUGE. When was the last time a Titans offensive player popped off while Dinger was there?

I think it's a positive move, and I'd expect something else coming in the next few days. Something juicy.

Archived