TheMacExchange

i saw every poke game, throw out brooks and johnson games

he drops way too many balls and he does not get the separation he once had

Without Tony Romo: 3 receptions per game, 33 yards per game, 1 TD

With Tony Romo: 4.3 receptions per game, 73 yards per game, 9 TDs

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, please provide a link. There is absolutely no way he dropped THIRTY-THREE passes last season. That would have to be some kind of NFL record.

Second, he dropped a lot of passes his entire tenure in Dallas. He is still one of the best receivers in the league, drops or not. I know that ten passes that he didn't happen to drop last year happened to be in the end zone.

It was on NFLN Total Access this week , after he was dumped by Dallas. Braylon Edwards was #1 but they didn't say how many he dropped.

It was on NFLN Total Access this week , after he was dumped by Dallas. Braylon Edwards was #1 but they didn't say how many he dropped.

33 just seems like an excessive amount. Not calling you a liar, but I would definitely have to see proof of that before I believed it.

The thing about any team that actually signed this guy after his track record is it just shows how desperate they are. The wheels fell off of the Bills bandwagon after 5 games last season. I would be surprised if they even get off of the starting line this season.

Maybe they can abuse the Pats secondary? That would be nice if they could take at least one game from the cheats.

Not happening. Now if they had even an average qb it could pose a huge problem not only to the Patriots but the entire AFCE. That being said, Trent Edwards isn't even average on a good day.

Anyone that is glad that a division rivals top two receivers are Terrell Owens and Lee Evans is bat**** ****ing insane.

That offense will be a force to be reckoned with.

Actually, if you just take the time to think about it for a second, you would realize that:

A) This move does not turn the Bills into some sort of Earth-Crushing Juggernaut. Trent Edwards took a huge step back last year, he's very indecisive and holds the ball way too long. But say I'm wrong and the Bills are an offensive force then:

B) This gives the Bills a better chance to possibly knock off the Patriots or the Dolphins in what could be a spot that is actually beneficial to us, like say, the last game this year when we needed them to beat the Pats.

I also think that our secondary is improved, our pass rush and schemes will be much improved and we won't be giving up 300 yards passing a game this year. The Pats and especially, the Dolphins are not very strong in the secondary.

I say Welcome to the AFC East, Terrell Owens.

JETS / 16-0

Pats / 10-6

Bills / 9-7

Phins / 4-12

Take that to the bank! :lol:

Seriously this upgrades their team... and its a one year deal do TO knows he needs to behave to cash in next year...

JETS / 16-0

Pats / 10-6

Bills / 9-7

Phins / 4-12

Take that to the bank! :lol:

Seriously this upgrades their team... and its a one year deal do TO knows he needs to behave to cash in next year...

Pats will be at least 12-4.

Actually, if you just take the time to think about it for a second, you would realize that:

A) This move does not turn the Bills into some sort of Earth-Crushing Juggernaut. Trent Edwards took a huge step back last year, he's very indecisive and holds the ball way too long. But say I'm wrong and the Bills are an offensive force then:

B) This gives the Bills a better chance to possibly knock off the Patriots or the Dolphins in what could be a spot that is actually beneficial to us, like say, the last game this year when we needed them to beat the Pats.

I also think that our secondary is improved, our pass rush and schemes will be much improved and we won't be giving up 300 yards passing a game this year. The Pats and especially, the Dolphins are not very strong in the secondary.

I say Welcome to the AFC East, Terrell Owens.

Just so we're clear here it gives the Bills a better shot at beating the Patriots and Dolphins but not the Jets who finished behind both teams last season? Only in Jet world. :rl:

Just so we're clear here it gives the Bills a better shot at beating the Patriots and Dolphins but not the Jets who finished behind both teams last season? Only in Jet world. :rl:

Just so we're clear here, Terrell Owens is a wide receiver. So, if it improves the Bills, it will do so in the passing game, therefore the teams with the worse secondaries will be affected more.

Even if all things are equal, a Patriot loss, a Dolphin loss is still a Jet win and original poster seeing the sky as falling is a bit of knee-jerk reaction.

Only a Patriot troll could skim a post and then get his chubby little fingers all twisted rushing to write a reply.

I may be guilty of optimism about the fact that our secondary will be better than both the Pats and the Dolphins, but when I look at Darrell Revis, I see a guy that can deal with TO. Ellis Hobbs, not so much. Go back and read what you wrote and see YOUR logic. You say the reason that my argument about a new wide receiver arriving in the division hurting other teams more than another is because THOSE teams finished AHEAD (which, call me crazy, entails better performance from Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaching Staff) of the other team LAST YEAR. Just so we're clear. THAT makes sense? That's the argument that makes sense? (Take your little rolling on the floor laughing emoticon and shove it where it belongs)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Matt Cassell (in a losing effort) throw for about five billion yards on the Jets last season? Sure, Favre threw for a five billion too - but he's not there anymore. You have two qb's - one which is worse than Trent Edwards and one who is anyone's guess - but if thse Sanchez work out rumors are true - I'm guessing they think Ratcliff sucks too.

Anyway, so you are all saying that the addition of Lito Sheppard and Bart Scott - and the magic of a tough talking HC is going to make your team a shut-down defense?

Be real. The Owens signing makes defnding the Bills tougher. Evans on one side, Owens on the other and Lynch to run. The only saving grace in all this is that the Bills HC is an idiot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Matt Cassell (in a losing effort) throw for about five billion yards on the Jets last season? Sure, Favre threw for a five billion too - but he's not there anymore. You have two qb's - one which is worse than Trent Edwards and one who is anyone's guess - but if thse Sanchez work out rumors are true - I'm guessing they think Ratcliff sucks too.

Anyway, so you are all saying that the addition of Lito Sheppard and Bart Scott - and the magic of a tough talking HC is going to make your team a shut-down defense?

Be real. The Owens signing makes defnding the Bills tougher. Evans on one side, Owens on the other and Lynch to run. The only saving grace in all this is that the Bills HC is an idiot.

Name the last time a Rex Ryan defense wasn't in the top 5. And spare me the he doesn't have Ray Lewis here defense. Not bringing Lewis with him is a good thing. We had a 34 year old linebacker years ago, we called him Mo. We don't need to see that one again.

Lynch will be suspended at least 4 games.he is 1 strike away from being banished for year

TO is no worry..at least for us, between revis and shepard

i understand pats fans need to worry, given you have hobbitt and an ole

rusty spring.:D

BTW it is only 83 today, if my golf score matched the temp i would be happy

Name the last time a Rex Ryan defense wasn't in the top 5. And spare me the he doesn't have Ray Lewis here defense. Not bringing Lewis with him is a good thing. We had a 34 year old linebacker years ago, we called him Mo. We don't need to see that one again.

I think Ray Lewis has been over-rated for a couple of years now. Not getting him - and over-paying for him - is a good thing. Not to mention that whole dance-thug thing he does during introductions just wouldn't sit well with most Jets fans - I think. I mean you already have Fireman Ed. ;)

As far as Rexy goes. Sure he's a great d coordinator. This is his first time at the HC rodeo, right? And, no offense, that last Jets HC that gave good sound-bite was named Herm Edwards.

Is the defense better? Sure. Just how much remains to be seen - but c'mon, the addition of Owens in Buffalo makes defending the Bills harder. You have to admit that.

I love Mo, btw. ;)

I just don't get why none of you are worried about the offense. It consists of Thomas, Keller and a cloud of dust as far as I can see.

I still think all Jets fans were hit in the head with the same rock. Ever year it's your year - every year the pig is ripe for the slaughter. Every year. I suppose you have to like the enthusiasm - but every year you get kicked in the nuts. Every year.

I

I just don't get why none of you are worried about the offense. It consists of Thomas, Keller and a cloud of dust as far as I can see.

I still think all Jets fans were hit in the head with the same rock. Ever year it's your year - every year the pig is ripe for the slaughter. Every year. I suppose you have to like the enthusiasm - but every year you get kicked in the nuts. Every year.

we all are worried about the offense.

how can a patsie* fan forget cotch ? or neon leon ?

the jets will add a WR or two along the way, and stuckey and clowney can step up to be a legit threat as a 3rd

only 1 out of 32 teams has a successful season each year

lots of nuts get kicked every year

how did you enjoy the giant game ?

we all are worried about the offense.

how can a patsie* fan forget cotch ? or neon leon ?

the jets will add a WR or two along the way, and stuckey and clowney can step up to be a legit threat as a 3rd

only 1 out of 32 teams has a successful season each year

lots of nuts get kicked every year

how did you enjoy the giant game ?

The Giants game was awful. SB nuts aren't what I'm talking about though. I'm talking small, itty, bitty ones like the Jets have. :)

So let me get this straight. Your offenseive coordinator is the same - yet your offense is going to be more dynamic....especially now with no real QB. Got it. You do know that the Jets have the worst WR's in the division, right?

I think Ray Lewis has been over-rated for a couple of years now. Not getting him - and over-paying for him - is a good thing. Not to mention that whole dance-thug thing he does during introductions just wouldn't sit well with most Jets fans - I think. I mean you already have Fireman Ed. ;)

As far as Rexy goes. Sure he's a great d coordinator. This is his first time at the HC rodeo, right? And, no offense, that last Jets HC that gave good sound-bite was named Herm Edwards.

Is the defense better? Sure. Just how much remains to be seen - but c'mon, the addition of Owens in Buffalo makes defending the Bills harder. You have to admit that.

I love Mo, btw. ;)

Don't you get it? We like being kicked in the nuts!!

The Giants game was awful. SB nuts aren't what I'm talking about though. I'm talking small, itty, bitty ones like the Jets have. :)

So let me get this straight. Your offenseive coordinator is the same - yet your offense is going to be more dynamic....especially now with no real QB. Got it. You do know that the Jets have the worst WR's in the division, right?

phins receivers are better? ill take jets receiving core over them anyday

phins receivers are better? ill take jets receiving core over them anyday

As of who's on who's roster RIGHT NOW I would NOT rate our receiver corp over the DolFAGS. You have no idea how it pains me to say that . :(

I love Mo, btw. ;)

Most Logical and I agree, we need to beef up the "O". We can't count on pitching a shutout every Sunday. ::GoJets:

Archived