Who The "Experts" Have Us Taking @ 17

SoFlaJets

TTBT-I don't really think or expect the Jets to be picking @17 next month. We will trade out of that spot like we do almost every year when we're in the middle of the pack

dont know,,u CANT pass up Nicks if he is there at 17..cant.,,guaranteed #1 WR in future..

if dookie afo likes nicks, u know he is good

dont know,,u CANT pass up Nicks if he is there at 17..cant.,,guaranteed #1 WR in future..

if dookie afo likes nicks, u know he is good

I DON'T want a QB, we haven't drafted a WR in the 1st round since what, Keyshawn Johnson? Our defense is pretty much (almost) set and it's only March 8th...our offense still has a lot of question marks at that position.

I DON'T want a QB, we haven't drafted a WR in the 1st round since what, Keyshawn Johnson? Our defense is pretty much (almost) set and it's only March 8th...our offense still has a lot of question marks at that position.

WR is the play

I think SF takes sanchez anyway

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest was also asked to be invited walk-on at Princeton,,they lower invited walk on requirements as well,,sorry..

Invited walk-on a whole diffreent piece of recruiting game

Technically Princeton (as an Ivy) doesn't offer scholarships to athletes, so isn't everyone sort of a walk-on there?

Only 2 experts have us going defense.

The thing about a 1st round pick for a rookie HC is that it pretty much is the centerpiece of his future. That pick sets the tone for the direction they are headed.

FA's pick ups are made because they are neccessary for the now. For some reason, I still see Rex Ryan, a defensive guy, going defense in the 1st round.

IDK, I dont just dont see him as the type of guy taking a receiver in the first round. Especially with how deep this draft is at that position. I see him going DE in the first and WR in the second.

Only 2 experts have us going defense.

The thing about a 1st round pick for a rookie HC is that it pretty much is the centerpiece of his future. That pick sets the tone for the direction they are headed.

FA's pick ups are made because they are neccessary for the now. For some reason, I still see Rex Ryan, a defensive guy, going defense in the 1st round.

IDK, I dont just dont see him as the type of guy taking a receiver in the first round. Especially with how deep this draft is at that position. I see him going DE in the first and WR in the second.

I don't doubt it but man I hope you're wrong. I'd love to see him go WR if there's one worthy of the 17 th pick. I don't want us picking a second rounder at 17th just because of the need factor. Major mistake as we all know.

Technically Princeton (as an Ivy) doesn't offer scholarships to athletes, so isn't everyone sort of a walk-on there?

haha,,well let me tell you,,

They do offer schollys, they are just called Grants instead..

Its need based for regular students, but they are more 'generous' for athletes..

But most of top talent in money sports at Ivies are on very generous, if not full grants..

Even when my academic son was 'recruited' by them , the 'grant' was well over what the books said i would get for aid..

Its need based for regular students, but they are more 'generous' for athletes..

But most of top talent in money sports at Ivies are on very generous, if not full grants..

Even when my academic son was 'recruited' by them , the 'grant' was well over what the books said i would get for aid..

SouthernJet is right.. I speak from experience. Not full, but I had to pay less than an in-state rutgers person would pay to go to RU.

Yup.

The "experts" have us taking either a WR, Tyson Jackson (34 DE from LSU) or Sanchez.

I would nto be mad about any of them... depending on who the WR is of course... I want Nicks... I really am not too keen on Sanchez but I would understand the move...

I don't doubt it but man I hope you're wrong. I'd love to see him go WR if there's one worthy of the 17 th pick. I don't want us picking a second rounder at 17th just because of the need factor. Major mistake as we all know.

Here is the thing, I am not sold on 6 WR's being first round talent. That is unheard of and the odds of bust are through the roof.

Crabtree and Maclin scare the piss out of me. I dont trust anyone from that conference. I fear that these guys wont be able to get off the line and physical receivers will just beat them up.

As much as I love Percy Harvin, I dont know if he is the player we need.

Are Nicks, Britt and Heywood all 1st round talents??? Really???

I just dont know.

We get our guys in the fourth anyway.

Draft talk is so fun and so f$%king idiotic at the same time. NOT a MAN on this planet knows who will pan out in the NFL.

It's like sitting around and discussing what the lottery numbers will be. What makes someone an "expert". An expert is someone who knows things.

"draft experts" make weathermen look oracles.

My predictions (pulling out of my ass) is we move down out of 17 to the bottom of the first round, pick up another second round and do defense in the first and use two for offense in the second (RB/WR).

I will have no problem with RR going for defense as that fits his strengths.

BZ

In my opinion, the only reason you draft a WR in first round is to secure a talent with elite speed. Possession type receivers should be drafted later. That being said, Nicks is not a first round talent in my draft. If you can get Maclin or if you determine Harvin can make the catches to match his speed, then maybe one of them gets selected. Otherwise, Nicks, Britt, Jackson all get drafted later on my board. DHB is not a first round talent because he is not productive enough and looks too mechanical.

In my opinion, the only reason you draft a WR in first round is to secure a talent with elite speed. Possession type receivers should be drafted later. That being said, Nicks is not a first round talent in my draft. If you can get Maclin or if you determine Harvin can make the catches to match his speed, then maybe one of them gets selected. Otherwise, Nicks, Britt, Jackson all get drafted later on my board. DHB is not a first round talent because he is not productive enough and looks too mechanical.

I agree with this logic. Well said.

And all the more reason to go D in the 1st and WR in the 2nd. We know that Mikey T will make moves to get the player he wants. I could see us going D and then trading up in the 2nd to make sure we get the WR we want.

It's pretty much a lock that the Jets are not taking a CB first round.

I don't think they're taking a QB either. It's either one of the WRs or Jackson.

My hope is that the Jets come away with Nicks and Brace (DT from BC) with their 1st 2 picks.

Archived