Got my first ever weightlifting competition Thursday

GangGreen

breath. i know you know it but it cant be stressed enough. #1 reason for failed reps is not breathing.

o and have fun.

Yeah, I know you're supposed to, but I hate doing it, it makes me concentrate less on actually lifting the weight, but yeah, I see what you mean. I'm not too worried about the bench press, but I'm not very good at jerks, I can clean decently, but I can't jerk it.

Yeah, I know you're supposed to, but I hate doing it, it makes me concentrate less on actually lifting the weight, but yeah, I see what you mean. I'm not too worried about the bench press, but I'm not very good at jerks, I can clean decently, but I can't jerk it.

What's the point of cleaning it if you're not gonna jerk it? Can't beat a shower tug.

We're doing bench and jerks. Anyone got any tips for me?

i used to do that in high school also..

a thing i learned from doing it is dont go easy because you have 3 lifts.. try and do your max on your first lift then see if you can better yourself with the next to.. i messed up a few meets by trying to pace myself

Try not to shart, the judges take away points for that, especially if it drips down the leg.

:rl::rl:

i almost did that once on a deadlift i had to walk away from it and start over.. luckly it was a false alarm..

oh ganggreen another good tip is to weight in as light as possible because in the case of a tie breaker the person that weights less wins.. i ****ed myself like that once to because i was to lazy to take off my clothes for weight in so instead of weighting in at 125 i weighed in at like 128 and the kid i tied with was 126... i ended up getting second instead of first

:rl::rl:

i almost did that once on a deadlift i had to walk away from it and start over.. luckly it was a false alarm..

oh ganggreen another good tip is to weight in as light as possible because in the case of a tie breaker the person that weights less wins.. i ****ed myself like that once to because i was to lazy to take off my clothes for weight in so instead of weighting in at 125 i weighed in at like 128 and the kid i tied with was 126... i ended up getting second instead of first

The people at the meet are retarded and my coach, who's a judge there, says that they don't even weigh you, you tell them your weight.....I'll say 190 :) But, yeah, I've never had the chance to max out on jerks, only cleans, so I have no idea what I can do. I'll start lighter weight like 155 (shut-up, I suck at clean and jerks), then if I can do it I'll know my appropriate weight based on how easy or hard it is.

Oooh.. weights and muscles.. feel free to share pics of you & your trophy! :)

I luv fit women but still like some curve & smoothness. nothing turns me off more than ripped women whos breasts look like biceps.

I don't care for the runners either who take it to such an extreme their faces become jaunted & tired looking

I luv fit women but still like some curve & smoothness. nothing turns me off more than ripped women whos breasts look like biceps.

I don't care for the runners either who take it to such an extreme their faces become jaunted & tired looking

I agree, although most runners have phenom bodies.

I don't like extreme muscles on women or men.. I can certainly appreciate the work and dedication that goes into body building but it IS creepy when a woman's muscles are bigger than most men's.

Are defined abs not sexy on a woman either? Honest curiousity.

I agree, although most runners have phenom bodies.

I don't like extreme muscles on women or men.. I can certainly appreciate the work and dedication that goes into body building but it IS creepy when a woman's muscles are bigger than most men's.

Are defined abs not sexy on a woman either? Honest curiousity.

i've no problem with defined abs. it looks good in most cases. I haven't seen my abs in 20 yrs or so.

yeah runners have phenom bods but rarely shapely

i've no problem with defined abs. it looks good in most cases. I haven't seen my abs in 20 yrs or so.

yeah runners have phenom bods but rarely shapely

Well.. I think you mean rarely curvy. But see, i think women look good either way.. curvy or sculpted.. whereas men never look good curvy! lol.

heh what islands did u cruise?

Cozumel, Mexico

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios, Jam

Best part was probably Stingray city in the Cayman but the beach in Mexico was awesome.. probably the best beach ive been to so far and ive been to alot since im from florida.. It was called Chen Rio.. if you ever go to Cozumel look it up you cant go wrong.. and its not really a tourist spot so to speak because you dont have to pay for everything like the other beaches on the island.. they were trying to make us pay $16 just to step on the sand at one beach and it wasnt even nice

Cozumel, Mexico

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios, Jam

Best part was probably Stingray city in the Cayman but the beach in Mexico was awesome.. probably the best beach ive been to so far and ive been to alot since im from florida.. It was called Chen Rio.. if you ever go to Cozumel look it up you cant go wrong.. and its not really a tourist spot so to speak because you dont have to pay for everything like the other beaches on the island.. they were trying to make us pay $16 just to step on the sand at one beach and it wasnt even nice

Only cruise i went on went to St Thomas , Tortolla and the private island

Holland America owns

St Thomas was awesome...

Cozumel, Mexico

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios, Jam

curious lil mick, have you been to the prime area of 7 mile beach?

curious lil mick, have you been to the prime area of 7 mile beach?

no when we drove by 7 mile beach there were like 2 ambulances and 3 cops cars on the beach so we didnt stop... but im thinking about going back to the cayman for a few days it was really nice... how far do you live from the Gov. Mansion??

Just got back from the weightlifting competition. Our stupid ass athletic director, who shouldn't be the athletic director and doesn't come to our football games, put on our schedule the wrong school and we were late to the meet because it took an hour after the competition started to find out it was at another school. We went there and they wouldn't let us compete, so I'm really pissed off. I thought I'd be in the 199 pound class, but I'm just above that at like 207, so I'm in the 219 pound class next week, on my birthday.

Just got back from the weightlifting competition. Our stupid ass athletic director, who shouldn't be the athletic director and doesn't come to our football games, put on our schedule the wrong school and we were late to the meet because it took an hour after the competition started to find out it was at another school. We went there and they wouldn't let us compete, so I'm really pissed off. I thought I'd be in the 199 pound class, but I'm just above that at like 207, so I'm in the 219 pound class next week, on my birthday.

Dam bro that sucks his ass should be fired.. But good luck next week that's a tough weight class when I competed I was only in the 137lb class but I was benching 205 and cleaning 165

Oh and another thing about the clean it more about your technique them your strenght..work on on your tech first and your muscles will do there job

Dam bro that sucks his ass should be fired.. But good luck next week that's a tough weight class when I competed I was only in the 137lb class but I was benching 205 and cleaning 165

Oh and another thing about the clean it more about your technique them your strenght..work on on your tech first and your muscles will do there job

Yeah, it'll be tough, but I'll try as best as I can. We don't do cleans, we actually have to jerk it, too.

Yeah, just had my first competition on my birthday today. I did decent, and I came in like the middle-lower section of the 199 and 219 lb weight class as a sophomore. I jerked 170, and I benched 250. Overall, I did a lot more than I thought I could, and I think I finally got past that 255 lb bench plateau. Also, I found out that my football spring game is May 22nd! Can't wait!

Archived