4yr old boy caught with weed at my Niece's daycare

LiLMiCKMANTLE

button1-share.gif rss_77x16.jpg Buzz up!

vote now

Boy, 4, found with pot at school

090310_tamarac_preschool_academy.jpg Related Article Links

TAMARAC, Fla. (WSVN) -- The Department of Children and Families are investigating a South Florida family after marijuana was found in their little boy's book bag.

According to officials, the 4-year-old had the marijuana in his bag when he was searched at a Tamarac preschool. "You know, it's upsetting, the fact that he knew what it was," said Broward Sheriff's Office spokesperson Danny Moschella. "Luckily, the preschool employees were upset by it. They were disturbed. They called BSO, and we're looking into it. We're also investigating to see who else might've been involved in this. Clearly, the 4-year-old didn't do this on his own."

According to authorities, a teacher overheard the boy telling another boy that was his brother's weed. The teacher saw the boy holding a bag of pot, and two more bags were discovered his bag. "What I can tell you is that Tamarac Preschool Academy is an excellent school, we do our very best to put our children first, safety is the priority," said Director of Tamarac Preschool Academy Shirley Smith.

Officials said the little boy had two different stories for the pot. The first story was that his brother put the weed in his bag to hide it because he can't smoke in the house. The second story was that he had found it in his brother's room. "Most adults don't know what weed is, so I can't comment on that, I can comment on that the average person does not know what weed is," said Smith.

Since the incident, the school has changed their policy and are requesting that all students bring in clear backpacks. BSO and the DCF continue to investigate. No one has yet been charged.

button1-share.gif rss_77x16.jpg Buzz up!

vote now

Boy, 4, found with pot at school

090310_tamarac_preschool_academy.jpg Related Article Links

TAMARAC, Fla. (WSVN) -- The Department of Children and Families are investigating a South Florida family after marijuana was found in their little boy's book bag.

According to officials, the 4-year-old had the marijuana in his bag when he was searched at a Tamarac preschool. "You know, it's upsetting, the fact that he knew what it was," said Broward Sheriff's Office spokesperson Danny Moschella. "Luckily, the preschool employees were upset by it. They were disturbed. They called BSO, and we're looking into it. We're also investigating to see who else might've been involved in this. Clearly, the 4-year-old didn't do this on his own."

According to authorities, a teacher overheard the boy telling another boy that was his brother's weed. The teacher saw the boy holding a bag of pot, and two more bags were discovered his bag. "What I can tell you is that Tamarac Preschool Academy is an excellent school, we do our very best to put our children first, safety is the priority," said Director of Tamarac Preschool Academy Shirley Smith.

Officials said the little boy had two different stories for the pot. The first story was that his brother put the weed in his bag to hide it because he can't smoke in the house. The second story was that he had found it in his brother's room. "Most adults don't know what weed is, so I can't comment on that, I can comment on that the average person does not know what weed is," said Smith.

Since the incident, the school has changed their policy and are requesting that all students bring in clear backpacks. BSO and the DCF continue to investigate. No one has yet been charged.

OHHHHHHHHHKAAAAAAAAAY

"Most adults don't know what weed is, so I can't comment on that, I can comment on that the average person does not know what weed is," said Smith.

I think I'm more disturbed by this statement than the fact that a 4 year old brought a bag of weed to school.

Heh, this is a feel good story, no question. Wonder what kind of bud this kid can get? Would he take milk in cookies in trade?

from what i heard it was some mid-grade.. but the kid had 3 qauters wrapped up in different bags.. and i always wondered why my niece is starving when i pick her up from daycare.. she has the munchies :D she eats a happy meal and is still hungry

I think I'm more disturbed by this statement than the fact that a 4 year old brought a bag of weed to school.

What's disturbing about the statement is that the fact that she's overplaying stupid which in all likelihood means that the four-year old did not bring a bag of weed to school.

Archived