Papelbon on Manny: `It

Lil Bit Special

You know that how? He did play in 2 WS and lost 2 close series w/ Cleveland. Manny was a difference makler for Boston and his attitude help set the tone for them. That was a majopr reason they were able to win series after being down 3-0 and 3-1 in the ALCS in '04 & '07.

I love how Sox fans act like Manny wasn't important.

Not one Sox fan has said that Manny was unimportant to the Sox' World Series wins. I love how people completely make things up.

Kid has got a big mouth. He's a moron. You don't see the vets on that team pulling a stunt like this. Varitek, Ortiz, those guys are keeping their mouths shut. Has Schilling said anything? Now that he's done maybe Papelbon feels he needs to carry that torch. He's the type of player BoSox fans will love until he's gone. He's the type of player other people hate, but it's that much sweeter when you cause him a blown save.

Not one Sox fan has said that Manny was unimportant to the Sox' World Series wins. I love how people completely make things up.

No but in their rationalization about manny they act like Boston never needed him and minimize all he did for you guys. You wouldn't have won a WS w/o him.

No but in their rationalization about manny they act like Boston never needed him and minimize all he did for you guys. You wouldn't have won a WS w/o him.

I happen agree with you, but like you told TJ, "how can he possibly know that Manny would not have a couple of rings without Boston"? My questions is how can you possibly know that Boston would not have won without Manny?

It is kind of funny how Manny suddenly seems to be the most beloved figure by Yankee fans on this board. The fact of the matter is, I don't think one reasonable Sawx fan would not tell you they appreciate what Manny has done in the past, but reality remains that Manny had worn out his welcome and he had to go. He pretty much quit on the team and no one can debate that.

I happen agree with you, but like you told TJ, "how can he possibly know that Manny would not have a couple of rings without Boston"? My questions is how can you possibly know that Boston would not have won without Manny?

It is kind of funny how Manny suddenly seems to be the most beloved figure by Yankee fans on this board. The fact of the matter is, I don't think one reasonable Sawx fan would not tell you they appreciate what Manny has done in the past, but reality remains that Manny had worn out his welcome and he had to go. He pretty much quit on the team and no one can debate that.

I have always disliked Manny, ortiz, Schilling, etc... but I have always respected them as players. How could I not? This is not all of a sudden manny is great b/c he leaves the Sox.

Archived