Tyler Hansbrough SUCKS!

ECURB

So what? I want him to do well in the NBA but I care alot more about what he has done in college and his has done everything and more for us Heel fans. He is a once in a genertaion type player that will always be aprpeciated by Heels fans.

There's no need to research, great college players don't always make great pros. It's a fact, smae thing w/ great college football players don't always make great NFL players.

In college basketball there are tons of great players, it's impossible for all to be great w/ all the great players currently in the NBA plus the International players.

I just pulled up a random draft:

1990:

Great college pl;ayers who weren't great in the NBA:

Derrick Coleman

Chris Jackson

Dennis Scott

Kendal Gill

(So far these are all top 5 picks)

Lionel Simmons

Bo Kimble

The list goes on and on. One thing has nothing to do w/ the other.

as was Ferry to duke

Ferry was crucified in NBA

I did not say "great college players should make great nba players"

I said...

Great Basketball Players are Great Basketball Players

Tyler is a pretty good basketball players who is befitting from and taking advantage of his situation, he is not a great basketball player. Great players are always great players in almost any situation.

I did not say "great college players should make great nba players"

I said...

Great Basketball Players are Great Basketball Players

Tyler is a pretty good basketball players who is befitting from and taking advantage of his situation, he is not a great basketball player. Great players are always great players in almost any situation.

He is a great COLLEGE basketball player- one of the greatest college players of all time.

He is a great COLLEGE basketball player- one of the greatest college players of all time.

A product of the college system... not a great basketball player though... just good...

I say he sucks to offset the stupid ballsack lloving he gets from the media... I dont think he "sucks" obviously... but in comparasin to what people claim he is... he does...

A product of the college system... not a great basketball player though... just good...

I say he sucks to offset the stupid ballsack lloving he gets from the media... I dont think he "sucks" obviously... but in comparasin to what people claim he is... he does...

heh TH was a great college player....i cannot take that away from him

his game does not translate to pros...

Same as Redick, Ferry and many others

heh TH was a great college player....i cannot take that away from him

his game does not translate to pros...

Same as Redick, Ferry and many others

I know... its because the are not great players... they are made great by a system...

he would have been a great player no matter where he went. he was great when he idn't have great talent around in '06 and has been great the last 3 years w/ great talent around him.

I know... its because the are not great players... they are made great by a system...

Stick to football ecurb. You have no clue what you are talking about here.

The difference is a little something we like to call ATHLETICISM. He is a great great great basketball player, and, since he is in college, his lack of athleticism is masked a little by how great of a basketball player he is.

What makes great college players great NBA players is that any elite athlete can be a great player in the NBA. Its all about the flashy dunks, the man to man, one on one matchups, and the ability to get to the basket.

The reason TH will not be great in the NBA is because he is not that kind of an athlete, not because he is not a good enough basketball player.

Stick to football ecurb. You have no clue what you are talking about here.

The difference is a little something we like to call ATHLETICISM. He is a great great great basketball player, and, since he is in college, his lack of athleticism is masked a little by how great of a basketball player he is.

What makes great college players great NBA players is that any elite athlete can be a great player in the NBA. Its all about the flashy dunks, the man to man, one on one matchups, and the ability to get to the basket.

The reason TH will not be great in the NBA is because he is not that kind of an athlete, not because he is not a good enough basketball player.

Wait... so your saying you can be a great basketball player and not be a great athlete???

:rl::rl::rl:

Dont quit your day job.

Wait... so your saying you can be a great basketball player and not be a great athlete???

:rl::rl::rl:

Dont quit your day job.

...That would be a high school basketball coach. Keep at it buddy, you're making yourself look real smart.

And yes, you can be a great basketball player without being a great athlete. He is athletic enough to be GREAT at the college level because of his basketball skills. He is NOT athletic enough to get by at the next level though.

Really not a hard concept to understand.

Archived