MY FIRST MOCK (2009)

Pragmatic Bus

I'm just taking an initial stab at it. i'll refine it, edit it and change it as the draft process moves along and my board changes.

ROUND 1

1- DET- Aaron Curry LB Wake Forrest (I dont have staford that high on my board so Lions will be happy with a playmaker like curry)

2- STL - Jason Smith OT Baylor (For now this pick will do but Eugene Monroe is climbing up the boards fast)

3- KC - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia (They just got their franchise QB, now they need to protect his blind side)

4- SEA - BJ Raji DT B.C. (I was tempted to take an OT here but they desparately need some DL help, i might change my mind later)

5- CLE - Brian Orakpo DE/OLB TEXAS (Browns need a pass rusher badly)

6- CIN - Malcolm Jenkins CB OHIO STATE (i wouldn't be surprised if cinci reaches for Ray maleluga here, they desparately need LB help but if they are smart they will pick Jenkins)

7- OAK - Micheal Oher OT Missi (Knowing Al Davis he will pick Measurables over everything and micheal Oher who is 6-5 309 fits the mold)

8- JAX - Micheal Crabtree WR T.Tech (He is too much of a value to pass up)

9- GB - Everette Brown DE/OLB F.S.U. (GB wants to switch to 3-4 and Everette Brown can help)

10- SF - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia (I dont know if 49ers are brave enough to take another shot at drafting a franchise QB after the Alex smith Failiure but for now they get Matt)

11- BUF - Jeremy Macklin WR Missouri ( TO is a one year Deal and they need a WR for the future)

12- DEN - Tyson Jackson DE/DT L.S.U. (assuming that jay cutler and JM patch things up)

13- WAS - Brian Cushing OLB U.S.C. (Just a perfect fit here)

14- NO - Clay Matthews OLB U.S.C. (They just signed Vilma to secure the middle/ Clay will be an immediate starter next to vilma)

15- HOU - Vontae Davis CB Illinois (Vontae will come in and improve that Pass defense right away)

16- SD - Rey Maualuga ILB U.S.C. (BPA)

17- NYJ - Mark Sanchez QB U.S.C. (Knowshon sounds good here too but we have 2 probowl RBs but no QB. Kellen, Ratty and Erik could turn out great but there is a chance that we dont have a franchise QB on the roster and Mark sanchez can fill the void)

18- CHI - Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss (Great 4-3 DT, he will start right away next to Tommy Harris instantly upgrading the bears defense)

19- TB - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia (they can pick josh freeman too but they can't pass up on a talent like moreno)

20- DET(DAL) - Josh Freeman QB Kansas St (Freeman is rising up the charts, he went from a mid 2nd round pick to 20th overall, luck works in Det's favor for a change)

21- PHI - Andre Smith OT Alabama (Andy Ried loves the big uglys, and Donovan is injury prone, NFC east is filled with great pass rushers and Andre Smith is a beast)

22- MIN - Alex Mack C Cal. (Matt Birk is gone and Alex Mack is the Best center available, Adrian peterson will apreciate this pick)

23- NE - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St (Ben Watson is a bust, NE needs LBers but belly wont pass on this monster)

24- ATL - Max Unger C Oregon (McClure is getting old but Ryan is a young QB, Max and Ryan can grow old together)

25- MIA - D.J. Moore CB Vandy (i like alphonso smith better but alphoso is only 5-8 and parcell likes big CBs)

26- BAL - Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forrest (Chris Mcalister is gone, Ivy left and now role is rolling out/ i have a feeling that ravens would be picking DBs early)

27- IND - Evander Hood DT Missouri (BPA)

28- PHI(CAR) - Kenny Britt WR Rutgers (Iggles will pick a WR here, i have Kenny Britt higher but Percy harvin, heyward and Hakeem Nicks are not far behind)

29- NYG - Hakeem Nicks WR NC (Plax is unreliable and toomer is getting old)

30- TEN - Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland (Tennessee needs a down the field threat to stretch the field and Darrius is Fast)

31- ARI - Chris Wells RB Ohio State (Too Much Value here, they can pick percy harvin here too but wells can play)

32- PIT - Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State (The Most polished route runner in this Draft he is tall and Big Ben will love throwing to him)

Ur 1st pick is done now considering the lions just got Julian Peterson. but imo Curry is easily best player in draft also your 4th pick bc redding is now a seahawk

julian peterson is an OLB, curry can play inside and outside. this is just a first stab at this i'll make more changes as we move along though

julian peterson is an OLB, curry can play inside and outside. this is just a first stab at this i'll make more changes as we move along though

For some reason i was thinking peterson was inside maybe i was thinking of mike.. my bad

But yea peterson,curry,sims thats a beast linebacker core

Archived