Who is the pick?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the pick?

• best avail QB (Sanchez? Freeman?)
    • best avail RB (Moreno? Wells?)
    • best avail WR (DHB? Britt? Nicks?)
    • best avail DB (V davis? al smith?)
    • best avail TE (Pettigrew?)
    • best avail DE/OLB (T Jackson? J gilbert? C Barwin? L Sidbury?)
    • other (write in)

If Tyson Jackson is projected to be a legitimate high-level 3-4 DE, then I take him.

Keep putting the pieces together for a dominant defense and take a WR in round 2.

+ 1.

Tyson Jackson as Rex's first pick as a HC makes sense. Ellis is getting long in the tooth and really dont like taking a WR at 17.

I have said this before and I dont want to sound like a broken record, but a rookie HC's first pick in his first draft should be a player that indicates his agenda. Obviously with Rex being a defensive guy, you would go with a position of need that fits the system. Jackson is that player and at 17 a 3-4 DE makes sense.

Drafting Jackson, IMO, puts our defensive personel in a good position. We wouldnt really have any more pressing needs. We have depth and some rising stars. Every one of the next rounds could be offensive picks.

+ 1.

Tyson Jackson as Rex's first pick as a HC makes sense. Ellis is getting long in the tooth and really dont like taking a WR at 17.

I have said this before and I dont want to sound like a broken record, but a rookie HC's first pick in his first draft should be a player that indicates his agenda. Obviously with Rex being a defensive guy, you would go with a position of need that fits the system. Jackson is that player and at 17 a 3-4 DE makes sense.

Drafting Jackson, IMO, puts our defensive personel in a good position. We wouldnt really have any more pressing needs. We have depth and some rising stars. Every one of the next rounds could be offensive picks.

I am a Defensive guy...played it and coach JR. High DBs now...but the WRs are too good this year not to get one....

I think we're all sleeping on Percy Harvin. He might be the pick.

btw, Tyson Jackson has underperformed 2 years in a row.

Just what we need, another sub 6 foot WR (he also comes with injury concerns).

Awesome. ;)

all the names are in the poll, you are the GM, who is the BAP?

1. Knowshon Moreno (not a need, we won't take a RB under any circumstance)

2. Darrius Heyward-Bey

3. Josh Freeman

4. Hakeem Nicks

5. Tyson Jackson (if there)

I am a Defensive guy...played it and coach JR. High DBs now...but the WRs are too good this year not to get one....

Are they really?

And are any of them near worth the 17th pick in the draft.

I am having a hard time believing there are 6 first round WR's.

This is a great 1st round for wide receivers....

#2 wide receivers

LOL

I hear ya. Thats how I feel. I have no confidence in any of the projected first round talent to ever become a #1 in the NFL....and I am as big of a Percy Harvin fan that you will ever run across.

Is there really a difference between the top tier WR and the second? Guys like...

Derrick Williams, Robiskie, Iglesias, Luis Murphy and Mossoquoi. I dont think there is.

Archived