The **OFFICIAL 2009 NCAA TOURNAMENT** Thread

PS17

The Big East has a great shot at getting three teams into the Final Four. Actually, I'd be shocked if they did not get at least 3. UConn should handle Missouri. Louisville is much better than anyone in their bracket. Obviously they'll get one out of the East.

If Gonzaga knocks off Carolina and Syracuse can get by Oklahoma. They might make it 4/4. In that case they may as well move the Final Four to MSG.

Man would that be great for the popularity of college basketball. After the craziness of the BET at the Garden a few weeks ago, imagine a part II. Not only that, but Uconn and Lville would have to play (which they didnt in the BET), and same goes for Pitt/Nova vs. Syracuse. More people than ever will probably just tune in to those games just because of the history of it...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
game is ovah nova kicked arse

scheyer was exposed today

and henderson suked today

I'm glad Henderson didn't pick Villanova, he sucks.

"V" for Villanova, "V" for Victory

"B" for Blue and "W" for White

For the Blue and the White we will fight!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Fight for Villanova, Fight for Victory

1. For we're out to win the frey;

Villanova leads the way,

With a capital "V" for Victory.

2. For we're out to beat the foe

Show the en-e-my we know

how to win with a "V" for Victory.

Vill-a-no-va

V-I-L-L-A-N-O-V-A

"V" for Vic-tor-y

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

It's a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye,

and a "V" for a

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Maybe this will finally get Coach K to get off of his "Im gonna only recruit unathletic Nantucket looking white dudes and show I can win with them" and actually start bringing in some real talent.

Sadly, Greg Paulus career is over.

Maybe this will finally get Coach K to get off of his "Im gonna only recruit unathletic Nantucket looking white dudes and show I can win with them" and actually start bringing in some real talent.

Paulus would have been better off playing QB at Nore Dame.

Terrible recruiting by Duke in the past few years. You can't win a championship by relying on three's. You need a big man down low that can make plays. Duke is soft.

F paulus...he was most overrated Duke recruit evah

Paulus would have been better off playing QB at Nore Dame.

Terrible recruiting by Duke in the past few years. You can't win a championship by relying on three's. You need a big man down low that can make plays. Duke is soft.

I agree. At some point Coach K has to realize that although hes a great coach, he isnt god. At some point, a team needs athletes to win.

BTW, did anyone here Gottlieb on Mike and Mike this morning? "Duke does have McDonald's All-Americans... who wouldn't be All-Americans if they didn't sign to Duke".

Classic.

I agree. At some point Coach K has to realize that although hes a great coach, he isnt god. At some point, a team needs athletes to win.

BTW, did anyone here Gottlieb on Mike and Mike this morning? "Duke does have McDonald's All-Americans... who wouldn't be All-Americans if they didn't sign to Duke".

Classic.

The media, especially ESPN, loves Duke. Just another reason to root against them.

Duke's problem is that their team is comprised of 2's and 3's. Even their big guys, except Zubek who is big white stiff, are jump shooters. When they were winning they had beasts down low who could score in the paint like Brand, Boozer and Laettener. Being a UNC fan I'm not complaining though.

Very disappointing loss and way to end a memorable season.

Looking to next year - if Flynn does in fact stay, with the strong recruiting class they have coming in next year, Syracuse could be Final Four good.

Looking to next year - if Flynn does in fact stay, with the strong recruiting class they have coming in next year, Syracuse could be Final Four good.

congrats on a great season,,u anf gangreenman are true orange fans..

was rootin for u,,unc/syr would have been fun,,IF unc gets past zaga..

again,,congrats to syrcause and the BE in its great great run this year...:D

congrats on a great season,,u anf gangreenman are true orange fans..

was rootin for u,,unc/syr would have been fun,,IF unc gets past zaga..

again,,congrats to syrcause and the BE in its great great run this year...:D

Thanks SJ, there are less than 10 people on this board who talk about college hoops and you are one of them. Best of luck to your Tar Heels. Next year should be fun too.

Sorry about Syracuse. They had a hell of a run at the end of the season. You right about their chances next year if Flynn comes back. I know someone who taught him in high school and she told me he was a great kid with good parents. I think he'll come back.

If everyone comes back you'll be a favorite to get to Indy. Congrats on a good year and good luck next year. The Heels and SU could be meeting up at MSG in Nov in the Coaches vs. Cancer Tourney.

ya,,u may have more fun,,we lose 8 players :(

The heels will lose alot but they have a gtreat class coming in. I just hope it's like '06 where it's coming off a Championship and the young guys have no pressure to win.

Last night was best-case scenario for them and worst-case for us. Tony Crocker has no business shooting like that, and Devo and Rautins have no business shooting that badly. But what can you do.

Next year will be interesting if Jonny comes back. 4 seniors and 2 juniors in the Top 6 of the rotation. And a good recruiting class that makes the team basically this year's with depth.

Archived