Samurai Rolle released- I bet we sign him!

Bachelors3

From the Baltimore Sun. CB Samurai Rolle was released by the Ravens. He would fill out our secondary and make drafting a DB unnecessary. And he would be better than any 6th or 7th rounder, as well. Plus, Rex knows him well and he would be another tutor in transitioning to the new defensive scheme. If he comes for the cost of a nickel back, he is worth the money.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens0318,0,5462533.story

I'm sure we'll give him a look, but I'd be surprised if we weren't outbid.

The best thing about bringing him in, besides knowing the system, is that it would be very difficult for Lito to reach his 80% of the snaps contract/draft pick escalator.

The best thing about bringing him in, besides knowing the system, is that it would be very difficult for Lito to reach his 80% of the snaps contract/draft pick escalator.

IDK Erik, we are facing T.O., Lee Evans, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (seriously?) 4 times this season

IDK Erik, we are facing T.O., Lee Evans, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (seriously?) 4 times this season

Brady and Edwards are going to have a hard time completing passes on their asses when the most violent defense this division has ever seen is coming after them!!!

:headbang:

Brady and Edwards are going to have a hard time completing passes on their asses when the most violent defense this division has ever seen is coming after them!!!

Agreed. Passrushers are better pass defenders than Corner Backs.

I just meant that we're not going to give him high end money, and someone will likely commit a full time starting spot to him.

Agreed. Passrushers are better pass defenders than Corner Backs.

I just meant that we're not going to give him high end money, and someone will likely commit a full time starting spot to him.

I hear ya.

Maybe we can get a Rex Ryan discount!

What are we running with right now? Revis, Lito, Lowery, D. Coleman, Carrol???

no homo, but I love you for your optimism, not enough of that on this site most of the time.

J

E

T

S!!!!

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign one of Rolle, McAlister, or Ivy. We need the CB depth, and there really seems to be a lack of interest in the last 2 otherwise, a little too early to saw what the market is for Rolle though.

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rule, fwiw.

Okay?

Revis on Moss & Owens

Sheppard on Evans

Lowery on Welker in the slot.. or Corey Ivy if we can sign him.

Don't need Samari Rolle.

I don't believe in the idea of getting a "discount" for most players to come play for a coach. To play for a certain team? Perhaps, but even thats rare now-a-days.

Besides, I agree with 124. We need another #3, not another guy who's going to demand starting money. Spend the extra money on line-depth, a #3 CB, and the draft picks. If someone like Cutler falls into our laps (because bringing in a QB of his calibur would be falling into our laps regardless of price), awesome....otherwise, don't spend large amounts of money on any more guys available right now.

Now that's an added bonus.

Okay?

Revis on Moss & Owens

Sheppard on Evans

Lowery on Welker in the slot.. or Corey Ivy if we can sign him.

Don't need Samari Rolle.

I'd like to see either Rolle or Ivy in here. I think we could use another veteran CB.

Archived